Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-08-26

I noticed something which could get first user frustrated when they first install MQ4.

If you don't wait untill the skin is loaded and press homebutton (green button, like i did just now) which will bring you to the main menu you can't skip the intro! You will get a incomplete main menu were you can't do anything in it.
I'm on OpenELEC and TAB to switch between windows didn't work so i needed to wait for the skin to reload/restart 3 times so i could navigate the menu and stop the intro from playing. And/or reset skin back to default.

I don't think this can be solved.

Edit:
Noticed another thing which isn't reported already i think.
If a menu item (LiveTV, Images) doesn't have a submenu you can't enter bottom menu. You first need to navigate to a menu item that has a submenu (Movies, Series, Weather etc) to enter bottom menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-08-27

@schumi2004, well, I don´t understand your troubles, intro only appears when install skin for first time or when reset skin, and have a button for skip slides and go to main menu, and obviously skin need load for correct use.

About go to bottom menu, yes need one item in submenu, but for default there is "SEARCH" in LIVETV and IMAGES, then work fine too.

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-27

I think schumi2004 is saying that if you hit home or escape before the skin loads completely you get these issues. Is there any way to lock out these keyboard commands until the skin loads. I have loaded it a few times and the screen blanked out completely when loading, some users may hit these keys not realising it is still loading.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - teki4u - 2012-08-27

Does anyone know how can i fix the following, i still can't figure it out:

* I have my Concerts in .iso format and i added the folder with them in the videos Menu with and without Music Videos source, am i explaining right? lol so anyways i still get this message when i enter Concerts Menu:

also...

* Is there a way to make "Play" as default instead of trailers?

~ V

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-26, 12:53)Skank Wrote: A quick question, i've just read that with cirrus extended skin, you can edit, add, delete genres, edit mpaa, plot etc. Within xbmc..
Will this be available in aeon mq4 too? that would rock!
Or is this already available since mq3?

Any idea?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 01:45)chippie Wrote: I think schumi2004 is saying that if you hit home or escape before the skin loads completely you get these issues. Is there any way to lock out these keyboard commands until the skin loads. I have loaded it a few times and the screen blanked out completely when loading, some users may hit these keys not realising it is still loading.

Yeah, that's what i meant.

Any button which brings you to home menu before skin is loaded. Actually complete keymap should be blocked until loaded to circumvent this but don't think it's possible.

About second issue for bottom, search is default if you have loaded search script. In my case i didn't loaded it yet after i copy/paste the extra pack and addon pack i was be-able to access it yes but what if users don't load those scripts?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Valdysses - 2012-08-27

I am embarrassed to say that, until last night, I couldn't figure out how to customize any of my menus. I loved the skin, but wished I had access to the options I had through settings in MQ3. Those options are still there (and many more!) but I didn't know where to find them.

If anyone else is in the same position as me, the trick is to get to the "customization" button from the home screen. It's the same menu style as the shutdown menu (which is what it looked like people were going to on the setup videos) but it's not! You have to press "down" 3 or 4 times from the main menu to get that setup menu to appear. From here you can change colors, furniture, playlists, everything.

A great skin made even better by my figuring out how to use it Smile Thanks again, guys!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Jarak - 2012-08-27

hey,

i just donated and i wanted to ask if you could grant me access to MQ4 rc2 Smile

greets

sorry for bad english ^^

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-08-27

When in the main menu, and your over movies.
When you press up and have a list of recent movies, is there a way to remove the Play Trailer?
I do not have the youtube app installed, or trailers wanted.

I just want it to play the movie instead of bringing up the little sub menu for Play Trailer/Play Movie.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - teki4u - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 15:54)Jarak Wrote: hey,

i just donated and i wanted to ask if you could grant me access to MQ4 rc2 Smile

greets

sorry for bad english ^^

Read the Start Post, you have to send an email not request it here.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-27, 15:02)Valdysses Wrote: I am embarrassed to say that, until last night, I couldn't figure out how to customize any of my menus. I loved the skin, but wished I had access to the options I had through settings in MQ3. Those options are still there (and many more!) but I didn't know where to find them.

If anyone else is in the same position as me, the trick is to get to the "customization" button from the home screen. It's the same menu style as the shutdown menu (which is what it looked like people were going to on the setup videos) but it's not! You have to press "down" 3 or 4 times from the main menu to get that setup menu to appear. From here you can change colors, furniture, playlists, everything.

A great skin made even better by my figuring out how to use it Smile Thanks again, guys!

@Valdysses, other tip for new user, look the tutorial videos.

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Palalisimo - 2012-08-28

1. Any ideas about this? Is really affecting the “kiosk” experience.

(2012-08-21, 00:48)Palalisimo Wrote: Hi again! as always its a pleasure to use this skin.

I have one question, and Im not sure if it is a bug.

On other versions of MQ, once you set the kios mode, it disables access to all options to mess around with the settings and looks of the skin, but now even when you cant access menus from the collections, you still can change many many settings from the home menú, even with kiosk mode enabled, if you press down twice you see the power, customicers, color, themes, etc.

Wouldnt be better that kiosk mode disables ALL of these options?

Thanks!

(sorry for my english I cant correct my spellig right now)

2. Also another thing, Im not sure if this is a skin thing and is really basic, but I really dislike the “original title” “year” “genre” “duration” on some of the view above the movie tittle:
Is there any way to disable this? If there is not and ON/OFF option could someone please point at what XML file should be edited so these texts don’t show?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Me23 - 2012-08-29

I have to agree about the kiosk. I plan on setting this up for my wife and I know she can screw it up if I give her a chance.Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-08-29

Will aeon mq4 have a built in library editor? Like cirrus has? I really hope so

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-08-29

Hello everyone, the RC 2 will be released tomorrow, but I will start to alert from now:

After installing the RC 2 over RC 1, is extremely necessary restart skin to defaults, otherwise many mistakes can happen.

I know it's bad, but there is no other way. I'm sorry. Blush