Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 09:48)Skank Wrote: Will aeon mq4 have a built in library editor? Like cirrus has? I really hope so

It does not support this currently but I cannot say if Marcos has anything planned.

To be honest it is much easier to create and keep .nfo files with your Movies/TV Shows using either Media Companion or Ember than it is to edit your library within XBMC. It also speeds up scraping as you already have all the Movie/TV Show info there.
(2012-08-29, 13:31)MarcosQui Wrote: Hello everyone, the RC 2 will be released tomorrow, but I will start to alert from now:

After installing the RC 2 over RC 1, is extremely necessary restart skin to defaults, otherwise many mistakes can happen.

I know it's bad, but there is no other way. I'm sorry. Blush

Great look forward to it Marcos!

I think everyone understands that a reset is necessary when moving through these releases! Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-08-29

Awesome, thanks Marcos!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 13:35)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 09:48)Skank Wrote: Will aeon mq4 have a built in library editor? Like cirrus has? I really hope so

It does not support this currently but I cannot say if Marcos has anything planned.

To be honest it is much easier to create and keep .nfo files with your Movies/TV Shows using either Media Companion or Ember than it is to edit your library within XBMC. It also speeds up scraping as you already have all the Movie/TV Show info there.
(2012-08-29, 13:31)MarcosQui Wrote: Hello everyone, the RC 2 will be released tomorrow, but I will start to alert from now:

After installing the RC 2 over RC 1, is extremely necessary restart skin to defaults, otherwise many mistakes can happen.

Great look forward to it Marcos!

I think everyone understands that a reset is necessary when moving through these releases! Big Grin

I really dont want to get nfo files all over the place... No thank you

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Martijn - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 18:04)Skank Wrote: I really dont want to get nfo files all over the place... No thank you

Like you would even notice that when using XBMC

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Skank - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 18:13)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 18:04)Skank Wrote: I really dont want to get nfo files all over the place... No thank you

Well, i hate the idea of those files having in every folder on my unraid server.. I want it as clean as possible. And say even if i would have nfos... Then i need an application to adjust it, so i need to leave xbmc to do that Sad

That is fine we appreciate you may not want .nfo files and assume you have a relatively small library but once your collection grows and you have to rebuild you XBMC library from scratch and spend hours going though the library and manually editing things in XBMC or renaming movies you may feel a little different.

Trust me, scraping your library outside of XBMC is the way to go to save time in the long term.

EDIT: as an example, I have 18,000 TV episodes, and 9,000 movies can you imagine what hell I would go through if I had to do a completley fresh XBMC build and library, it would take me months to make sure all the movies were named correctly etc...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - vicbitter - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 18:15)Skank Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 18:13)Martijn Wrote:

Well, i hate the idea of those files having in every folder on my unraid server.. I want it as clean as possible. And say even if i would have nfos... Then i need an application to adjust it, so i need to leave xbmc to do that Sad

Or use something like [Web Interface Addon] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager to manage your media...

(2012-08-29, 21:49)vicbitter Wrote: Or use something like [Web Interface Addon] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager to manage your media...

Looks nice but it just edits the XBMC database, if you lose that (and your backup) you have to start from scratch. Using something to create .nfo files that live with your movies elliminates the issue of having to edit your database ever again. You just scrape all the info in from your .nfo files.

I believe things are better in Frodo but in past releases the database would get swollen especially if you, like I do, move files around and update/clean database. Well for me at least I never saw my database file shrink in size. With .nfo files and even thumbs and fanart held locally with the movies/TV Shows all you have to do for a clean install is to trash everything, add the sources, and update, everything is read from your locally held info.

I think in all honesty it depends on how big your library is, for small collections it is really not hard to just scrape with XBMC and make sure the correct movies, posters and fanart have been picked up, but for me at least (relatively large collection), I prefer to have complete control over my library and so make sure it is all ship shape prior to scraping it in to XBMC. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-08-30

Well, began the countdown to the final version of Aeon MQ 4, only 15 days left, but beyond the expected, the same day of release I will give a gift to all users:

Aeon MQ 4 SC (Skinner's Cut) which is a version whom only want to install the skin and watch a movie, just like me. For people who do not need new menus, just a quick and beautiful skin. Wait ...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Phynicen - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 00:27)MarcosQui Wrote: Well, began the countdown to the final version of Aeon MQ 4, only 15 days left, but beyond the expected, the same day of release I will give a gift to all users:

Aeon MQ 4 SC (Skinner's Cut) which is a version whom only want to install the skin and watch a movie, just like me. For people who do not need new menus, just a quick and beautiful skin. Wait ...

That's a rather nice idea actually because sometimes skins can just get too bloated on lower-end hardware.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hiorik - 2012-08-30

its not a problem, is the risk of a tester

thanks marcos!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - rog0003 - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-29, 18:19)chippie Wrote:

That is fine we appreciate you may not want .nfo files and assume you have a relatively small library but once your collection grows and you have to rebuild you XBMC library from scratch and spend hours going though the library and manually editing things in XBMC or renaming movies you may feel a little different.

Trust me, scraping your library outside of XBMC is the way to go to save time in the long term.

EDIT: as an example, I have 18,000 TV episodes, and 9,000 movies can you imagine what hell I would go through if I had to do a completley fresh XBMC build and library, it would take me months to make sure all the movies were named correctly etc...

Chippie,

Curious about implementing nfo files for my library. I currently have multiple installs of XBMC and use a centralized mysql database. Any way to use nfo info and keep syncing across installs?

And sorry a little off topic.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Me23 - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-29, 18:19)chippie Wrote:

Hey chippie, what kind of server are you using?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Kokonutcreme - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-29, 22:25)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 21:49)vicbitter Wrote: Or use something like [Web Interface Addon] XWMM - XBMC Web Media Manager to manage your media...

I think in all honesty it depends on how big your library is, for small collections it is really not hard to just scrape with XBMC and make sure the correct movies, posters and fanart have been picked up, but for me at least (relatively large collection), I prefer to have complete control over my library and so make sure it is all ship shape prior to scraping it in to XBMC. Big Grin

+1, Each movie I have is in it's own folder that contains, nfo file, thumbnail, fanart, extrafanart folder, extrathumbs folder, plus movie collection thumbnails, logo, clearart and disc image files where available. I like my movie posters to have a clean look and to be as high res as possible so I'll select them from themoviedb.org as well as the best fanart, if I don't like anything, I'll do a google search and find one that way. But I like to be in control of the look of my library so if I have to re-scrape a source, I don't have to do any manual touch ups, which is time consuming for a large library.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 06:09)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 22:25)chippie Wrote:

+1, Each movie I have is in it's own folder that contains, nfo file, thumbnail, fanart, extrafanart folder, extrathumbs folder, plus movie collection thumbnails, logo, clearart and disc image files where available. I like my movie posters to have a clean look and to be as high res as possible so I'll select them from themoviedb.org as well as the best fanart, if I don't like anything, I'll do a google search and find one that way. But I like to be in control of the look of my library so if I have to re-scrape a source, I don't have to do any manual touch ups, which is time consuming for a large library.

Hi Kokonut,

I agree with you and that is for me as well the only way to go. I do this with movies, tv shows, games ... It is more work, but it pays off. Quick question, off topic. One thing I still need to 'learn' are movie sets (collections), which I also like to save the content of on my local drive. Can you perhaps pm me and explain your dir structure and what you store for your movie sets? And which tool you use for this? Also, do you store actor images locally?

Thanks,
Grave