Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 21:44)claymic Wrote: Hi, for the guys with a problem using AllInOne.
I will need the log for try to understand what is happening.
Please post your log error here. I will change the script very soon.
Clayton

At the moment the skin is pretty un-usable for me, if I go in to Movies, TVShows or a custom main menu item then back out again it locks up for a minute or so. Also the Recently added and Random options are no longer available for Custom Main Menu Items (Playlist). It shows the top bar (just RECENTLY ADDED) but it is compeltely blank.

I do have a relatively large colleciton, 282 TV Shows, 18,000 episodes, 9,000 movies but this is probably nothing compared to others. I guess it may not be connected to the script but at this point am assuming it is as it is the only real variable that I am aware of.

XBMC LOG

I started XBMC, moved between Movies and TV Shows then it locked up for 30 sec to a minute or so until the Recently etc... was populated. Then went in to Movies and back out again, where it locked up again for about 30 seconds or so.

Thanks Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sidewalksuper - 2012-08-30

Everyone, remember to just try and rename your guisettings.xml and reset the skin before you complain here about errors. That could fix the errors.
I haven't got any lockups btw (Windows 7 x64, Frodo alpha 3).

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-30

@Marcos;

The option to remove the titles; "GENRE", "YEAR", "DURATION" etc.. above the Movie Name is no longer available. Do we even need these headers, perhaps we can have a poll if necessary but I think it is pretty obvious what the details are and think they can be removed completely just leaving for example 2012 / 60min or ACTION/DRAMA/THRILLER.....

Also it is stuck on GENRE for me, it does not not cycle through to Year / Duration, Original Title etc...

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mikkelnl - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 21:44)claymic Wrote: Hi, for the guys with a problem using AllInOne.
Clayton

Hi Clayton,

Here is the error from my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7586

To clarify: I am using an OpenELEC build, with Spotify (spotixbmc), as found here

With this build; I can browse 'albums' via Spotify: XBMC will show albums based on the songs/albums I 'favorite' on Spotify. So, XBMC will play these from Spotify.

I THINK the problem is that these albums are NOT in the audio database, they are simply Spotify playlists. And I think, because the audio database is empty, there is an error.

Though I am not a developer, my guess is maybe you could make a config for yout script, in which you let the user select if he wants the script to use for TV / MOVIES / MUSIC. In my case, I would simply de-select MUSIC Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - claymic - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 22:41)newoski Wrote: Thanks Clayton,

Will the delay be fixed in later versions?
Yes, the plan is change the thread for Random movies, this is causin a delay of 4 seconds in the recents.
If this dont work i will remove the recents, but this is not my intention. Marcos can put the recents like before too, but this will not let us to manipulate the recents in the
future, i want to make a playlist for recents and progress very soon. Play a episode by episode its not so good.
Post you time delay here, i have only 4 or 6 seconds when the xbmc start (or update library), after that there is no delay.

(2012-08-30, 22:42)chippie Wrote:
Clayton

At the moment the skin is pretty un-usable for me, if I go in to Movies, TVShows or a custom main menu item then back out again it locks up for a minute or so. Also the Recently added and Random options are no longer available for Custom Main Menu Items (Playlist). It shows the top bar (just RECENTLY ADDED) but it is compeltely blank.

I do have a relatively large colleciton, 282 TV Shows, 18,000 episodes, 9,000 movies but this is probably nothing compared to others. I guess it may not be connected to the script but at this point am assuming it is as it is the only real variable that I am aware of.

XBMC LOG

I started XBMC, moved between Movies and TV Shows then it locked up for 30 sec to a minute or so until the Recently etc... was populated. Then went in to Movies and back out again, where it locked up again for about 30 seconds or so.

Thanks Big Grin
I realy dont understand how you can have this, i will look the log. But the delay with the Recents its only when you start the xbmc. Here my delay its 4 a 6 seconds.
Once the recents, random and progress are charged, there is no delay at all.
I am using Alpha 3 and Marcos are using Eden.
I test this with 5.000 episodes, 700 movies and 2000 musics right now.
Only for compare, using watchlist or inprogress, my dely to get the progress for episodes its 22 seconds. With the AllInOne take 11 seconds.
I will try to figureout a way to do this better.
(2012-08-30, 22:46)sidewalksuper Wrote: Everyone, remember to just try and rename your guisettings.xml and reset the skin before you complain here about errors. That could fix the errors.
I haven't got any lockups btw (Windows 7 x64, Frodo alpha 3).
Exactly, thanks for that.

(2012-08-30, 22:55)mikkelnl Wrote:
Clayton

Hi Clayton,

Here is the error from my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7586

To clarify: I am using an OpenELEC build, with Spotify (spotixbmc), as found here

With this build; I can browse 'albums' via Spotify: XBMC will show albums based on the songs/albums I 'favorite' on Spotify. So, XBMC will play these from Spotify.

I THINK the problem is that these albums are NOT in the audio database, they are simply Spotify playlists. And I think, because the audio database is empty, there is an error.

Though I am not a developer, my guess is maybe you could make a config for yout script, in which you let the user select if he wants the script to use for TV / MOVIES / MUSIC. In my case, I would simply de-select MUSIC Wink
I was trying to prevent a error with the new frodo, because that if the xbmc dont have a version or date we get a error from the script. I will change this today.
My plan was make this script only works for Eden and Frodo, until Alpha 3, there is no way to change the script every day for a new frodo, but i will change the script and try to get a better way to make it work with compiled versions or the new frodo.

I will post a new version of AllInOne today.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 23:41)claymic Wrote: -cut-

Which version will that be because i'm on Eden running version 1.0.6 and also have problems with script.

I also noticed a other thing. When i'm in a situation i get the onscreen keyboard i can't see the difference between lower and uppercase when selected, everything is uppercase. Wasn't in RC1.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mikkelnl - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 23:41)claymic Wrote: I was trying to prevent a error with the new frodo, because that if the xbmc dont have a version or date we get a error from the script. I will change this today.
My plan was make this script only works for Eden and Frodo, until Alpha 3, there is no way to change the script every day for a new frodo, but i will change the script and try to get a better way to make it work with compiled versions or the new frodo.

Ehm, I don't think I'm running Frodo...? It says 11.0 Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - claymic - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-30, 23:54)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 23:41)claymic Wrote: I was trying to prevent a error with the new frodo, because that if the xbmc dont have a version or date we get a error from the script. I will change this today.

Its a bug in AllInOne, if the xbmc dont have a verscion date, the script crash (frodo or Eden).

New version in the repository.
Threre are several guys usin the allionone now, please post your delay here. I will make a log for this tomorrow, i have to figure out why some guys have most delay then others.
I cant test with the new frodo, but i think the AllInOne will work fine with it. Let me know.
You can get the new version (script.allinone-0.1.7) in the repository.
Clayton

Note: Click over the random button to random movies, episodes, albums or musics. Let me know if there is a delay with this action.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-08-31

IMHO I think the script should be designed to work compeltely with Eden, Frodo is just in Alpha at the moment, I normally like to be at the cutting edge but even the latest builds of Frodo cannot handle my artwork yet. What I am trying to say is save yourself some work.....Big Grin

I had reset the skin before but now renamed guisettings (just in case) and I still get the same issue. I am pretty sure it is down to library size but there is defo something happening when going back to the main menu (It may not be the script though I guess). I get about 2 to 3 seconds on the main menu then it locks up for about 20 seconds, this happens whatever Main Menu option I come out of.

I am not saying it is taking the script any longer to populate the data only that with previous scripts they did not lock up XBMC when they were running, this one seems to be stealing complete focus and freezes XBMC up. This is obviously in addition to whatever is happenign when coming back to the Main Menu.

Thanks or your help!

EDIT: Disabled the script and returning to the Main Menu no longer causes a lockup, so it is definately doing something upon hitting the Main Menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-08-31

Dear users, the script is still very new, we are working to try to resolve everything in the best way.

I appreciate the patience.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - claymic - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 00:52)chippie Wrote: IMHO I think the script should be designed to work compeltely with Eden, Frodo is just in Alpha at the moment, I normally like to be at the cutting edge but even the latest builds of Frodo cannot handle my artwork yet. What I am trying to say is save yourself some work.....Big Grin

I had reset the skin before but now renamed guisettings (just in case) and I still get the same issue. I am pretty sure it is down to library size but there is defo something happening when going back to the main menu (It may not be the script though I guess). I get about 2 to 3 seconds on the main menu then it locks up for about 20 seconds, this happens whatever Main Menu option I come out of.

I am not saying it is taking the script any longer to populate the data only that with previous scripts they did not lock up XBMC when they were running, this one seems to be stealing complete focus and freezes XBMC up. This is obviously in addition to whatever is happenign when coming back to the Main Menu.

Thanks or your help!
Thanks for you help too, this is a new script and its hard to make everything works fine at the first time.
I am sorry, i maked a little mistake with the version 0.1.7, i put a new version in repository (0.1.8)
So, i think you are right, until alpha 3 its fine to me.
I am realy worry with your delay, i test this script several times with Wanilton and Marcos. We have a little delay when the xbmc start, but nothing like your problem.
I will try to figure out this. Tomorrow i will make a version for you, with a lot of logs, let me know if you can test this for me and send the log.
I will ever try to make this script better and better, if i can...off course.

(2012-08-31, 00:21)claymic Wrote: New version in the repository.
Threre are several guys usin the allionone now, please post your delay here. I will make a log for this tomorrow, i have to figure out why some guys have most delay then others.
I cant test with the new frodo, but i think the AllInOne will work fine with it. Let me know.
Clayton

Note: Click over the random button to random movies, episodes, albums or musics. Let me know if there is a delay with this action.

I cannot seem to find 0.1.7, only 0.1.6?

Not quite sure about your Note, but if I cursor up to the Random selection, it is instant (once populated of course) I do not get any delay.

Thanks.
(2012-08-31, 01:06)claymic Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 00:52)chippie Wrote: IMHO I think the script should be designed to work compeltely with Eden, Frodo is just in Alpha at the moment, I normally like to be at the cutting edge but even the latest builds of Frodo cannot handle my artwork yet. What I am trying to say is save yourself some work.....Big Grin

Thanks or your help!
Thanks for you help too, this is a new script and its hard to make everything works fine at the first time.
I am sorry, i maked a little mistake with the version 0.1.7, i put a new version in repository (0.1.8)
So, i think you are right, until alpha 3 its fine to me.
I am realy worry with your delay, i test this script several times with Wanilton and Marcos. We have a little delay when the xbmc start, but nothing like your problem.
I will try to figure out this. Tomorrow i will make a version for you, with a lot of logs, let me know if you can test this for me and send the log.
I will ever try to make this script better and better, if i can...off course.

As Marcos states and we all know, this is new and am sure it will be sorted. TBH I can live with the delay when starting XBMC but it is when going back to the Main Menu that is the real bummer! lol! I am no way versed in creatign these scripts but is it possible to have it run in the background somehow so it does not lock up the skin when running?

Would it be possible to post a direct link to the script so I can manually copy it over as I still cannot see the latest one.

Thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-08-31

chippie, in ADDONS, over GET ADDONS, press C and FORCE REFRESH.

Version 0.1.8 should appear in the repository.

Thanks Marcos!!! :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 00:21)claymic Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 23:54)mikkelnl Wrote:

Its a bug in AllInOne, if the xbmc dont have a verscion date, the script crash (frodo or Eden).

New version in the repository.
Clayton

Hi claymic

I am on Frodo Alpha 4 running Allinone 0.1.8 and getting script failed when I go on the home screen, Although getting script error it is showing 3 recently added movie, not sure why only 3 and one of those the thumb nail is not showing, but was OK on the previous MQ4 RC1

Do you need any more info

Thanks Guys for all your work