Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-09-01

(2012-08-31, 16:57)wouterdt Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 18:45)wouterdt Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 13:13)wouterdt Wrote: I'm sorry but XBMC won't make screenshot of this particular screen, when I have the screen in front of me and press the screenshot button there is no screenshot taken.

It's when you have a multi-ISO movie, folder structure like this for example:

Code:
D:\Movies\My Movie Folder\My Movie File DVD1.iso
                         \My Movie File DVD2.iso

When I start this movie from the movie library I get a pop-up to select which disk I want to play, that's the screen I'm talking about.

Since XBMC won't allow me to make a screenshot I made a photo (click it to get the full size), it's in the center of the screen saying "Part 2":

I think it's the 720p/DialogFileStacking.xml file...

Marcos, you might not have seen the post.. can I get a reply to this? Was waiting for RC2 to see if it was in there but it's not.

In the final release I'll fix this problem for you.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 00:14)claymic Wrote:
(2012-09-01, 00:08)SavellM Wrote: ALLINONE script still doesnt work for me, running OpenELEC but a Frodo build.
Tried all the above.
Please post your log, without that i cant help you.
Clayton
Hey mate thanks.

Is this the log you need?
http://sprunge.us/bhKN
cat /var/log/messages?

or this:
http://sprunge.us/iLHj
cat /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

If not let me know which logs you need.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-01

@claymic

Fresh build of XBMC, just added one source with 4,000 movies and still had the same issue. Trashed that build and added a single source with about 900 movies, slight 5 second lockup when coming back to the home menu. It looks like the issue is definately library size driven but I do not understand how I am the only one having this issue.

I have killed all other process running in Windows to elliminate any external influence.

Just in case any of this matters; I map my shares via SMB and have locally stored .nfo and fanart.

Please could someone confirm that they are running Eden on Win7 x64, with at least 900 movies in their collection and do not get any lockups when coming back to the Home Screen. The easiest way to test this is to start xbmc, leave for a minute or so, go to Movies and then back out again, keep scrolling through the main main slowly and see if it locks up for several seconds. What I have found is that the larger the library the longer the lockup for me.

Many Thanks.

EDIT: just tired the latest Frodo nightly with 900 movies and still get the 4 to 5 second lockup going back to the main menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - nelsonamen - 2012-09-01

Hi
In rc2 sometimes it stay very slow even to the point of freeze and then come back to normal.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sarakha63 - 2012-09-01

@Marcos

There is a bug during vizusalisation in music play.

fanart+visual effects result in only seeing visual effect

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - claymic - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 15:45)chippie Wrote: @claymic

Fresh build of XBMC, just added one source with 4,000 movies and still had the same issue. Trashed that build and added a single source with about 900 movies, slight 5 second lockup when coming back to the home menu. It looks like the issue is definately library size driven but I do not understand how I am the only one having this issue.

I have killed all other process running in Windows to elliminate any external influence.

Just in case any of this matters; I map my shares via SMB and have locally stored .nfo and fanart.

Please could someone confirm that they are running Eden on Win7 x64, with at least 900 movies in their collection and do not get any lockups when coming back to the Home Screen. The easiest way to test this is to start xbmc, leave for a minute or so, go to Movies and then back out again, keep scrolling through the main main slowly and see if it locks up for several seconds. What I have found is that the larger the library the longer the lockup for me.

Many Thanks.

EDIT: just tired the latest Frodo nightly with 900 movies and still get the 4 to 5 second lockup going back to the main menu.
chippie
I will send to you my skype id, can you add me there ? We can make several tests, very quickly. I think the problem its not with the size of your collection, this will slow down the search of the progress movies (resume point), but will not lockup the skin. I think the problem is the thread for songs and albuns recents. Call me in the skype.

(2012-09-01, 15:58)nelsonamen Wrote: Hi
In rc2 sometimes it stay very slow even to the point of freeze and then come back to normal.

Can you please provide a little more information, what hardware you are running on, what version of XBMC, what OS etc.... and where the skin actually slows down for you?
(2012-09-01, 16:53)claymic Wrote:

Many Thanks.

chippie
I will send to you my skype id, can you add me there ? We can make several tests, very quickly. I think the problem its not with the size of your collection, this will slow down the search of the progress movies (resume point), but will not lockup the skin. I think the problem is the thread for songs and albuns recents. Call me in the skype.

Big Grin That was it, I just added 2 albums to Music and no more lockups, not even when starting XBMC! Big Grin

Not an issue adding some music for me as I just disable the Main Menu Item but perhaps something can be put in the script to account for there not being anythign in the Music Library.

Thanks for all your time and patience in helping me out here! Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - claymic - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 17:33)chippie Wrote:

Can you please provide a little more information, what hardware you are running on, what version of XBMC, what OS etc.... and where the skin actually slows down for you?
(2012-09-01, 16:53)claymic Wrote:

Many Thanks.

chippie

Big Grin That was it, I just added 2 albums to Music and no more lockups, not even when starting XBMC! Big Grin

Not an issue adding some music for me as I just disable the Main Menu Item but perhaps something can be put in the script to account for there not being anythign in the Music Library.

Thanks for all your time and patience in helping me out here! Big Grin
Big Grin
Very thanks Mark for all your patience.
For those who have a problem with lockup, please insert a album in your music library. I will post a new version of the AllInOne very soon, it will prevent this bug. For now you only need to put a album in your library
We still have a 4 seconds of delay when return to the home, its normal, dont worry. I will reduce this for 2 seconds in the future.
Clayton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hdmax - 2012-09-01

If I would receive my invite I could help you test your theory, but I haven't heard back from sugar and I made a donation yesterday, and requested the folder with MQ4. (most has stated that they get the invite within an hour.)

Many Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - wouterdt - 2012-09-01

(2012-09-01, 14:14)MarcosQui Wrote: In the final release I'll fix this problem for you.

Thank you!!

(2012-09-01, 18:45)hdmax Wrote: If I would receive my invite I could help you test your theory, but I haven't heard back from sugar and I made a donation yesterday, and requested the folder with MQ4. (most has stated that they get the invite within an hour.)

Many Thanks.

Thanks the issue has been resolved, it only happens if you do nt have anything in your Music Library.

I am sure Marcos will respond but sometimes sugar sync does not send out the invites so if you already have an account there, login and see if access has been granted.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Lock70 - 2012-09-02

Hi Marcos, maybe a bug Artistslideshow (Background ) does not work after i have install RC2 ( I have reset the Skin after install) With RC1 it works .

Win7 Frodo ( 2 Weeks old )

For me too....

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-02

@Marcos,

Would it be possible to have the episode count back, was it a decision to take it away?

Also, not sure if this would be possible but for any TV Shows that do not have a Clearart.png could the skin look for a logo.png and put it there instead?

Thanks! Big Grin

(2012-09-02, 00:39)Lock70 Wrote:

For me too....

Is this possiby connected to the same issue I had, if you do not have any Music in the Library, add one album. This fixed the issue I was having with the skin freezing. The new script AllinOne is still in its early stages and may be causing the slowdown. If adding Music does not help (Clayton will release a new version soon anyway) then disable the AllInOne addon and see if that stops the freezing. If not then at least you have elliminated one possible casue.

(2012-09-01, 01:48)Blackmave Wrote: Hello,
I have some problems,

1. anywere i have in submenue the search button. only in the (my menue-submenue) is fine the buttons to update database (audio/video) to.

2, can i put the addons sektions (video Add-on,,, music Add-on .... ) in the submenue of the sektions (movies, music....)?

3. the filters button in the game sektion ist off if i aktivate the kioskmode ... i think its not so fine

a full kiosk mode include the downmenu in homemenu cant do ?
my girlfiend no want have any settings... after she make a mistake and i not there to help

okay, my englishteacher says... never leave germany... he was a clever teacher Smile

1. Not sure what you are asking here?

2. You can add Video and Music Add-Ons to your favourites and then add that as a submenu option. Under Movies, select the Videos Submenu option, highlight "Video Add-Ons" and hit "c" on your keyboard then select Add to Favourites. Under Music, select the Files submenu option, highlight "Music Add-Ons and hit "c" on you keyboard, again Add to Favourites. Once done go to Customizations and add the relative Favourite as a sub-menu option.