Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tarkus - 2012-09-02

First of all, thank you for the skin. I find it amazing that something this polished can come mostly from one person.

I've been playing with the skin for a day now; liking most of the new changes.

However, I think the music furniture needs to change. When I have music playing the information that is most important is:

1. Song name
2. Artist name
3. Album name / year
4. Time
5. Encoding, bitrate

As it stands in MQ4, the song name is in scrolling subtitles which makes it very difficult to identify what song is playing (ie. if you don't know the song, or others want to know what the song is called). In this regard, MQ3 had it better.

I think it would be better to sacrifice compulsory biography and make essential information bigger and easier to read.

Does anyone else agree with me?

Thanks Marcos for all your work!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mikkelnl - 2012-09-02

Quick question, I couldn't find the answer via Search...

Which Weather add-on is needed for MQ4? The default xbmc eden addon doesn't seem to work for me; all forecast items remain empty?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-09-02

(2012-08-25, 01:04)MarcosQui Wrote: So, for those who asked, here it is: Support to MovieSets script (Eden only).

Your list of Sets:

Movies in set with information and also direct play:

And to maintain the standard, Cover Zoom:

In Aeon MQ 4 RC 2 - available in 08/30/2012 Cool

Hi Guys

can anyone give me some pointer how to get set information, I am running Eden and have the addon installed, I am able to run the sets manager but cant figure what I have to do to get the sets info, where is this info supposed to show

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - coolio99 - 2012-09-02

hey...is it posible to see trailers about the movie from home menu in mq4 like it is in nox skin?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - sarakha63 - 2012-09-02

@Marcos

I have a question, is it possible in the movie library to make it show poster.jpg? I have poster.jpg, extrafanarts extrathums and so on for each movie.

All is working ok for logo, artwork, extrafanarts extrathumbs but not for poster.jpg.

I'm i missing somehting

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tarkus - 2012-09-02

Adding to my post above; there has been a few posts regarding CDart Manager not working with MQ4. I'm having the same problem, the CDart Manager UI pops up but unable to select anything and can only exit.

Did anyone get this fixed? I've tried wiping all my databases and thumbnails to no avail. This wouldn't be much of a problem if XBMC would show album covers from ID3 tags Sad

EDIT:

To anyone needing KOREAN fonts:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2138569135/korean%20font.rar

place in aeon fonts folder

its a bit big in fullscreen mode, not sure how to fix that but definitely better than nothing for me. Hope this helps someone

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-09-02

I'm not sure if this is MQ4 or AllInOne related but when i select to continue watching from the movie/series widget on main screen it starts to play on the background for approximately 6~9 seconds and then stops. Can't get it to play full screen unless i select it from library.
Anyone else experienced this ?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - curtis-r - 2012-09-02

Marcos, you've been quite busy. Good work.

Is there something screwy with the Music Visualization floor buttons? When I try to change settings, it just toggles a line under that setting red/blue, but nothing happens to the visualization. In other words, my buttons are broken. BTW, I had cleared out all my MQ4 settings and started from scratch.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Specterx - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 13:21)tarkus Wrote: Adding to my post above; there has been a few posts regarding CDart Manager not working with MQ4. I'm having the same problem, the CDart Manager UI pops up but unable to select anything and can only exit.

Did anyone get this fixed? I've tried wiping all my databases and thumbnails to no avail. This wouldn't be much of a problem if XBMC would show album covers from ID3 tags Sad

EDIT:

To anyone needing KOREAN fonts:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2138569135/korean%20font.rar

place in aeon fonts folder

its a bit big in fullscreen mode, not sure how to fix that but definitely better than nothing for me. Hope this helps someone

I had the same issue. try selecting something and waiting... For some reason there can be a long delay. I was able to get everything working that way. hope that works for you.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-09-02

Hi,

I'm a bit late for that but:

(2012-08-21, 20:20)MarcosQui Wrote: Attention VIP user, you will opine on the changes that may occur until the final version.

1. I'll remove the VIDEOS menu, it will become submenu in MOVIES menu.
Can you make this customizable? I often use this und it is easier to acces from the main menu.

(2012-08-21, 20:20)MarcosQui Wrote: 5. Menu ADDONS can turn a submenu SETTINGS.
Please let this in main menu or make it customizable.

(2012-08-21, 20:20)MarcosQui Wrote: 6. Menus: WEATHER, GAMES and IMAGES be unified into a single menu called FUN.
Please don't do this.

If I look at these things.... Why do you make the menu customizable in the way that the user can select if an item is placed in the main menu or in a submenu?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 20:32)samurai07 Wrote: Hi,

I'm a bit late for that but:

(2012-08-21, 20:20)MarcosQui Wrote: Attention VIP user, you will opine on the changes that may occur until the final version.

1. I'll remove the VIDEOS menu, it will become submenu in MOVIES menu.
Can you make this customizable? I often use this und it is easier to acces from the main menu.

(2012-08-21, 20:20)MarcosQui Wrote: 5. Menu ADDONS can turn a submenu SETTINGS.
Please let this in main menu or make it customizable.

(2012-08-21, 20:20)MarcosQui Wrote: 6. Menus: WEATHER, GAMES and IMAGES be unified into a single menu called FUN.
Please don't do this.

If I look at these things.... Why do you make the menu customizable in the way that the user can select if an item is placed in the main menu or in a submenu?

1. You can do this easily by adding Videos to your Favourites and adding the Favourite as a Main Menu Item.

5. Same as 1.

6. Not being done due to feedback from the VIP's

The reasoning behind the changes is to make the skin faster, it takes hundreds of lines of code for each Menu Item and by reducing the delivered ones makes the skin much more responsive, especially for users that run a low powered hardware. Either way most of the items can be easily added as favourites and placed anywhere you like.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-09-02

(2012-08-31, 13:08)claymic Wrote: How the recents works :
For movies or episodes the recents will try to show up all unwatched files first. If you have only one episode unwatched this will be the only one to show. If you watch this episode all other episodes will show up in the recents, because you dont have new episodes to watch. The same thing for movies. I believe this is best way to see recents.
If you have 10 movies unwatched all them will show up in the recents list. If you watch one of the this recent movies, it will be remove from the list.
Resume: If you have unwatched itens, will show only the unwantched itens. If you dont have unwatched itens, will show all recents watched, to prevent empty list.
In the future i will make this works like a playlist for new episodes. If you click in a new episode this will make a playlist and play all recents episodes for the tvshow.

With recents like that, we don't habe a 'recently added' function anymore. Recently added has nothing to do with watched or unwatched. For this behaviour you should add a function like 'New unwatched' or similar.

Please change the 'Recently added' function in the way that the behaviour is like before. Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hdmax - 2012-09-02

I am not finding the ability to refresh the weather in MQ 4, Either I am missing it for some reason, or there is a bug preVenting it from working!

I am sorry about the "V" in the word "preVenting" the letter is messed up on my keyboard, and I neVer know how or if "V" will show. Guess it's time for a new keyboard.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-01, 15:04)SavellM Wrote:
(2012-09-01, 00:14)claymic Wrote:
(2012-09-01, 00:08)SavellM Wrote: ALLINONE script still doesnt work for me, running OpenELEC but a Frodo build.
Tried all the above.
Please post your log, without that i cant help you.
Clayton
Hey mate thanks.

Is this the log you need?
http://sprunge.us/bhKN
cat /var/log/messages?

or this:
http://sprunge.us/iLHj
cat /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

If not let me know which logs you need.

Hey Clayton

Is this the info you need?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 20:56)samurai07 Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 13:08)claymic Wrote: How the recents works :
For movies or episodes the recents will try to show up all unwatched files first. If you have only one episode unwatched this will be the only one to show. If you watch this episode all other episodes will show up in the recents, because you dont have new episodes to watch. The same thing for movies. I believe this is best way to see recents.
If you have 10 movies unwatched all them will show up in the recents list. If you watch one of the this recent movies, it will be remove from the list.
Resume: If you have unwatched itens, will show only the unwantched itens. If you dont have unwatched itens, will show all recents watched, to prevent empty list.
In the future i will make this works like a playlist for new episodes. If you click in a new episode this will make a playlist and play all recents episodes for the tvshow.

With recents like that, we don't habe a 'recently added' function anymore. Recently added has nothing to do with watched or unwatched. For this behaviour you should add a function like 'New unwatched' or similar.

Please change the 'Recently added' function in the way that the behaviour is like before. Thank you.

Beg to differ, why would you want to see a movie you have already watched in the Recently added list.

Also just to be clear, this only effects the top Recently Added list that is visible on the Main Menu. To me this makes complete sense as you only have 10 items displayed there.

The normal Recently Added list, the one which is accessed via the SubMenus remains as it always has and displays all Movies etc... irrespective if they have been watched or not.
@Clayton

One thing I have noticed is that;

1. Start off with 10 recently added Movies in the top bar.
2. Watch one of them.
3. The list is reduced to 9 Movies, blank space at the end.

It does not seem to update the list backup to 10 items.

Thanks!