Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - KrakenT3ch - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 08:45)schumi2004 Wrote: I added essential package to addons and now weather is working, seems it is really needed then.
I only don't like the colors used for temp

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135045&pid=1137633#pid1137633

I have the add on's installed too Smile So that's the solution

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - davy39 - 2012-07-02

Hi,
I had a quick test of this new skin and, as a MQ3 user, was also a bit disoriented.
In one hand, I love the way to customize menu in direct.
On the other hand, like others, I used to have main menus for several catégories which are more visible for visitors & kids.
In this debate I think that the option of having multiple "My menu" would be the perfect solution for every body. However I don't know how difficult it is to implement.
Thanks a lot for your great job !
Keep up the good work.

Re: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Bram77 - 2012-07-02

Any chance a get access to the download any time soon? I've send the email yesterday Smile. I'm very curious.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - davy39 - 2012-07-02

Now I have these few issues :

- No way to change views both in music and video libraries. In top menu, I go to "collection" select "changing views - next" but nothing happens. I still in the LIST view...

- I've added video playlists in videos sub menu. They work fine but the sub-menus items still display "VPLAYLIST1" "VPLAYLIST2" after renaming.

- Is it possible to add "TV SERIES" submenu to "VIDEOS" main menu ?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 09:27)KrakenT3ch Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 08:45)schumi2004 Wrote: I added essential package to addons and now weather is working, seems it is really needed then.
I only don't like the colors used for temp

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135045&pid=1137633#pid1137633

I have the add on's installed too Smile So that's the solution

Wink

Maybe 1 of the devs can explain how to get animated icons working or how to chose your own icon set?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - st graveyard - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 10:47)davy39 Wrote: Now I have these few issues :

- No way to change views both in music and video libraries. In top menu, I go to "collection" select "changing views - next" but nothing happens. I still in the LIST view...

- I've added video playlists in videos sub menu. They work fine but the sub-menus items still display "VPLAYLIST1" "VPLAYLIST2" after renaming.

For the views, check the 3rd post of Wanilton on this page

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135045&pid=1138288#pid1138288

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-02

Hi,

I stumbled on some bugs/cosmetic issues:

1.It is not possible to move the weather icon, currently it is fixed in the top right corner with top menu. Is it possible to attatch the weather info with time and date like in MQ3?

2.I cant find a way to remove “recently added” from top menu. If you disable top menu your weatherinfo also dissapears. (hence my issue nr 1.)

3.If you relocate the time and date it can only be on the left side of main menu (when you have library info turned off) or in top menu. Problem is when you have audio controls turned on in main menu the audio controls overlap with the time and date so time and date dissapears.

4.If you want to change the view mode, i.e. showcase, panel, low list. Its hard to see how it looks because the screen fades to black.

Maybe its only me but I think it put all the settings in the correct way but I cant seem to get arist background when playing music, i.e. listening to Alica Keys doesn’t give me Alicia Keys background. Is this a skin issue or something im doing wrong?

Also, I already spoke about this, Marcos could you please please please implement the main menu customisation like in MQ3 so I can add stuff like Youtube and Trailers in main menu and not in “my menu” personally I don’t like the my menu at all and because of this setback im thinking of staying with MQ3, but since I tried out MQ4 I thought of pointing out some issues I noticed.

(2012-07-02, 11:23)Ajedi Wrote: Maybe its only me but I think it put all the settings in the correct way but I cant seem to get arist background when playing music, i.e. listening to Alica Keys doesn’t give me Alicia Keys background. Is this a skin issue or something im doing wrong?

Artist background works for me.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 10:56)st graveyard Wrote:

It seems i don't have the text available in this menu section

This how it looks here, only thing did which could have caused this is a skin reset to default.
Can't select any other views

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-07-02

One thing I would like to mention, i think someone already mentioned this but its become confusing how i can add a simple program to the main menu?

In mq3 i added my own entry to the main menu titled the web, and it launched google chrome. Unless im missing something, i cannot add my own program to the main menu bar nowHuh

It will now only create an entry at the top left hand corner. So instead of clicking on my entry "The web" and it launching google chrome browser, in mq4 it is frustrating and when i click on it, it does nothing and when you scroll over my "the web" entry I see google chrome in the top left corner and have to click up and go up their to launch it.

Please put menu entries back to the way it was in mq3 please.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Omegatron - 2012-07-02

(2012-07-02, 11:54)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 10:56)st graveyard Wrote:

It seems i don't have the text available in this menu section

This how it looks here, only thing did which could have caused this is a skin reset to default.
Can't select any other views

I have the same thing on my Home theathre system im using for xbmc. But yesterday my girfriend was using xmbc on this system so i dis a fresh install of xbmc and Aeon MQ4 on my gaming computer and on that system it worked. So maybe try a fresh install of xbmc aswell. Im not sure whats causing this but i have it aswell.

(2012-07-02, 11:56)Ghostdivision Wrote: One thing I would like to mention, i think someone already mentioned this but its become confusing how i can add a simple program to the main menu?

In mq3 i added my own entry to the main menu titled the web, and it launched google chrome. Unless im missing something, i cannot add my own program to the main menu bar nowHuh

It will now only create an entry at the top left hand corner. So instead of clicking on my entry "The web" and it launching google chrome browser, in mq4 it is frustrating and when i click on it, it does nothing and when you scroll over my "the web" entry I see google chrome in the top left corner and have to click up and go up their to launch it.

Please put menu entries back to the way it was in mq3 please.

This has been adressed by many (including myself), hopefully marcos will add this in a next release (fingers crossed)

@schumi2004 I had the same issue..but a XBMC restart got them back.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-07-02

Dear VIPs, please relax.

The skin is under construction, some things are fresh and need time getting used to. I already use the MY MENU for months and is great for me, you use only by 2 days and think that's bad, calm ..

The Alpha serves to do just that, see what needs to fix or change, if the majority think the MY MENU is bad then I can change, otherwise it gets.

For that everyone should participate, not just those who complain and complain ... without naming names. Cool

See a comparison:

Without MY MENU - Aeon MQ 3:

Add 5 + FAVORITES + 3 VPLAYLIST in main menu.

How to reach to item = Open the skin and scroll down dozens of times until you find the desired menu.

With MY MENU - Aeon MQ 4:

Include all items in MY MENU and use the REORDER to put it as the main focus when opening the skin.

How to get the item = up arrow.

What is the best method? Huh

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - TrailFoX - 2012-07-02

I like the "My Menü" , its perfekt for many things on one place and i dont have to scroll to much around

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - SavellM - 2012-07-02

I personally dont mind the new My Menu.
I can see what others are saying tho.

Could you not make it so that you can choose to a new menu no on a sub level and also the way My Menu currently works?
If that is possible and not too much work, then you may win the audience from both sides.

And for us that like the new My Menu it still continues to work.

Just my $0.02