Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 20:43)chippie Wrote: 1. You can do this easily by adding Videos to your Favourites and adding the Favourite as a Main Menu Item.
Thanks for the hint. Sometimes you don't see the wood ....

(2012-09-02, 20:43)chippie Wrote: 5. Same as 1.
The problem is, that I only can add a addon here and some more in a submenu. I cannot reach the addon screen like before. I'm right?

(2012-09-02, 20:43)chippie Wrote: The reasoning behind the changes is to make the skin faster, it takes hundreds of lines of code for each Menu Item and by reducing the delivered ones makes the skin much more responsive, especially for users that run a low powered hardware. Either way most of the items can be easily added as favourites and placed anywhere you like.

I know this. It's not easy to make all sides happy. It will be a compromise between functionality and usability.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 21:17)samurai07 Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 20:43)chippie Wrote: 5. Same as 1.
The problem is, that I only can add a addon here and some more in a submenu. I cannot reach the addon screen like before. I'm right?

Yeah you are right, you can only set a Favourite to Video add-ons directly. However, it is still very quick to get to the normal Add-ons page, just Cursor down twice, cursor up once, enter.

I appreciate some people go to the add-ons regularly but for me it works fine as it is still only a few clicks away and once configured I hardly ever go there.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 21:10)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 20:56)samurai07 Wrote: With recents like that, we don't habe a 'recently added' function anymore. Recently added has nothing to do with watched or unwatched. For this behaviour you should add a function like 'New unwatched' or similar.

Please change the 'Recently added' function in the way that the behaviour is like before. Thank you.
Beg to differ, why would you want to see a movie you have already watched in the Recently added list.

Because the movie is recently added. Maybe I have seen the movie, but another person who is using xbmc hasn't seen it. So this one doesn't know that this movie was added. And no, we don't want different user for xbmc.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-02

Fair point about multiple people using the same build but the normal Recently Added sub-menu option still shows everything even if it has been watched.

I guess I do not have that issue as I have multiple rigs and builds all around the house. This is also the main reason I do not use a central database as the kids have theirs, the wife hers and the ones in the family rooms, well we know what we are going to watch anyway! :-)

I still like the feature of removing anything watched from the top menu recently added but can see how it may not be that useful for some.

EDIT: actually just thought of another scenario, watch all 10 movies in the top list and the list becomes redundant! What do you do then apart from use the submenu list. I would much rather have a list of unwatched recently added, visible at a glance then be stuck with a list of movies I have already seen, if that makes sense :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-09-03

Yes that's true, but who want to use the submenu option if it can be easily seen in the top menu? Wink

I have only one build in the living room and all use this one.

Oh, here we come together. A new function called "New unwatched" besides "Recently added" as I have suggested in the original post. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-03

I guess that will be a decision Marcos and Clayton will have to make. Personally I am happy with the way it is and think another list will just clutter it up too much but am sure others like yourself would like to see a list of non conditional recently added movies as well.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-09-03

I agree with Samurai...

I would much prefer Recently Added to include ALL Recently Added movies, immediately, even after they have been watched...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Me23 - 2012-09-03

^ I second that as well. Seems to complicated, just have all recently added movies regardless of watched status.
By the way is 10 the max amount that will show?

Yes it only shows 10, it is the "widget" in the top menu bar. Remember the Recently added Submenu will always show ALL recently added.They can both be accessed just as easily.

One other thing to remember is that once the script has been finalized, it will also work with custom Mein Menu Items, so for example, the recently added on a Custom Main Menu Item of "Kids" or "The Wife" lol! will have its own list. In this instance the kids will be able to see what they have not seen from their playlist (I tend not to watch Barbie movies :-) ) Likewise the wife can see all of her Chick Flicks....

But as I said it does go down to your setup and how your household functions, I like it as I several builds around house and If I, the kids or the wife watch something seperately then we tend to watch something that the others do not want to watch. The new blockbuster films we tend to watch together as a family and so they are still visible in the top list.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-09-03

Dear VIPs, soon I'll put in the SugarSync folder a modified version of skin, only for test.
The first version, Recently Added will be provided by the internal XBMC script (as it was until the RC 1).
Then I will publish another version using Random Items script and then another using the Watchlist script.

Well, some details will be lost in Top Menu, as a genre, MPAA, progress bar and other small things, the intention is to make a comparative performance of the previous scripts with AllinOne.

I ask them to test and publish here what was the result.

This will set the final version of the skin.

Nooooo! lol!

Keep the AllinOne script, the extra details are great! and I do not get any lag at all (after adding music that is) but then I do run on very high end hardware here.

You are the first to complain, is now the first and say no .. 'll understand. Cool

LOL! Big Grin

Not complaining Angel, just posting the issues I was having. The issue was simply down to the fact that there was no music in the library, easily fixed and now it is very responsive.

My above posts pretty much sum it up, I think that it works realy well and realy like the additional info, Genre, rating etc...

Looking at the oter posts they all seem to be related to OpenELEC.

Just not sure if you need to put yourself through the additional work Marcos, thats all! Tongue

For OpenELEC I believe the version "SC" will be the most appropriate.

The Claymic is working hard to make the script better and better, but it's almost impossible to be perfect for everyone.

I'll suspend the test by now? Huh

Check your gmail! Big Grin
(2012-09-03, 13:42)MarcosQui Wrote: I'll suspend the test by now? Huh

I think that is the way to go unless others of course feel like they are needed but looking at the lack of posts (apart from mine of course lol!) it seems like most are ok with the speed.

The only thing which may be nice is for there to perhaps be an option in the script config to enable/disable the inclusion of watched items in the top bar, as requested by samurai07, newoski and Me23.