Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-09-03

Well, this issue does not depend on me, only Claymic can solve.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - huttdes - 2012-09-03

Not sure if this is a skin related question or xbmc related.
I just did a fresh install on my pc so setting up xbmc from scratch.
I entered one of my movie directories and noticed it was taking longer then it should have to scan through them.
This is because it was looking up the info online.
Problem is I have (and always will) all the art, nfo files and everything already in each movie/tv folder.
I had to unplug my network cable for it to just use my info... even after I did this it would pause every so often to tell me it had no internet access and asked if I wanted to continue.
I always assumed it would always look locally first before going online.
Is there a setting somewhere so this doesn't happen again?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 14:20)huttdes Wrote: Not sure if this is a skin related question or xbmc related.
I just did a fresh install on my pc so setting up xbmc from scratch.
I entered one of my movie directories and noticed it was taking longer then it should have to scan through them.
This is because it was looking up the info online.
Problem is I have (and always will) all the art, nfo files and everything already in each movie/tv folder.
I had to unplug my network cable for it to just use my info... even after I did this it would pause every so often to tell me it had no internet access and asked if I wanted to continue.
I always assumed it would always look locally first before going online.
Is there a setting somewhere so this doesn't happen again?

Probably not skin related but;

It should pick up local info first, what version of XBMC are you using?

It actually may not be scraping from the web, it may just be downloading the Actor thumbs. You can disable this; Settings, Video, Library, Uncheck "Download Actor Thumbs..." However this will then not give you the Actor images in the info pages.

To stop the error messages try putting the below in your advancedsettings.xml

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - huttdes - 2012-09-03

I'm using 11 with XBMC 11 ("Eden") for Windows with HD audio bitstreaming patch from the greeneyze tutorial thread over at the avsforum.
Perhaps that is what it is doing (the actors thumbs). I'm getting ready to head out right now so I will check it all out later.
Thanks for the extremely FAST reply!!!

Eden is fine, there is no other reason I can think of, am pretty sure it is the actor thumbs.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - claymic - 2012-09-03

The rentlyadd is easy to modify in the script.
I only make a better logic for Recentlyadd. The top menu its for quick access, right ? Why someone want to quick access a watched movie again ? You can access the recentlyadd from submenu without any problem, will show all your movies recentlyadd. There is another thing, If you put 20 new movies, only 10 are shown, you have to access the recentlyadd from submenu to see the others 10. Its unlogical. With the AllInOne if you watch a movie, the script remove this movie from the list and put another movie in the position 10, if there is another new wantched movie of course. Its unlogical have the same 10 new movies for quick access.
The random its another unlogical thing. Why someone you use a random episodes list? Music album, ok, Movies, more or less. Episodes Huh??
Because that i was planning modify the random, the first step of this mofidifications its working in the AllInOne. I remove the alarmclock to change the random items, then created a thread for monitoring the button Random in the topmenu, so if you click in the random button this will change the random list, in less than 1 second.
If anyone have a problem with the AllInOne, will have a problem with Inprogress or watchlist too.
There is some resistence for modifications here and make a new script to do the same of the same its not for me, i am sorry.
Marcos of course its free to remove the AllInOne from RC2, i am a big fan of Aeon and make this script only for this skin. Take almost 180 hours to make AllInone in 3 weeks.
I will stop the AllInOne updates for now, i planned some changes for this week but will take much time to implement everything i was planning and i dont think this is what your guys want (something new). I dont want waste my time, I do not have much extra time. Every single inplementation requerie modify several lines in the scripts, so now i am thinking : "why i should make several implementations if the users want to have the same of the same ?"
To make a new script we have to test, test, test and test again. Almost all problem were solved in the last weak (very few problems), but we have to be patiente.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - lastimp - 2012-09-03

Forgive me if this has been asked, I can not find the answer by searching.

I know you can add a favorite to the menu manually but how do you bring up the traditional favorites menu,
I like to mark reddit videos that are entertaining for the family to watch later (different work shifts and all)
in MQ3 you could just launch favorites and there would be my last 50-100 videos for my family to see
without weeding through all the crap that I already did in reddit.

Also I think this skin is awesome, keep up the good work , the only minor annoyance I have with it is when
I either pause a video or hit info the progress bar either doesn't have enough contrast or outline to easily see
how long is left, I can see how far in a video I am but sometimes its hard to tell how much is left if the video in the
background is dark, its almost like it needs just a pixel or 2 more of an outline around it to see it, but still keep it sutle.

Once again thanks for all your hard work.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - dreamkp - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 15:00)claymic Wrote: The rentlyadd is easy to modify in the script.
I only make a better logic for Recentlyadd. The top menu its for quick access, right ? Why someone want to quick access a watched movie again ? You can access the recentlyadd from submenu without any problem, will show all your movies recentlyadd. There is another thing, If you put 20 new movies, only 10 are shown, you have to access the recentlyadd from submenu to see the others 10. Its unlogical. With the AllInOne if you watch a movie, the script remove this movie from the list and put another movie in the position 10, if there is another new wantched movie of course. Its unlogical have the same 10 new movies for quick access.
The random its another unlogical thing. Why someone you use a random episodes list? Music album, ok, Movies, more or less. Episodes Huh??
Because that i was planning modify the random, the first step of this mofidifications its working in the AllInOne. I remove the alarmclock to change the random items, then created a thread for monitoring the button Random in the topmenu, so if you click in the random button this will change the random list, in less than 1 second.
If anyone have a problem with the AllInOne, will have a problem with Inprogress or watchlist too.
There is some resistence for modifications here and make a new script to do the same of the same its not for me, i am sorry.
Marcos of course its free to remove the AllInOne from RC2, i am a big fan of Aeon and make this script only for this skin. Take almost 180 hours to make AllInone in 3 weeks.
I will stop the AllInOne updates for now, i planned some changes for this week but will take much time to implement everything i was planning and i dont think this is what your guys want (something new). I dont want waste my time, I do not have much extra time. Every single inplementation requerie modify several lines in the scripts, so now i am thinking : "why i should make several implementations if the users want to have the same of the same ?"
To make a new script we have to test, test, test and test again. Almost all problem were solved in the last weak (very few problems), but we have to be patiente.

Hi Claymic,

please continue your work on the script. I like it. Maybe I and many others should have that written before.
As most of the time, people will write their problems here and not what they like.

I think I speak for many if I say we appreciate your work and would love to see you continue it.

Regards,
Maikl

@Clayton,

I think you are missinterpreting the comments, it is ony a few people who would rather have all recently added shown (I am not one of them) I think the way it works is great and am completely with you in removing the watched movies, as you say and I have said, the recently added submenu option shows all the recent additions and is easy to access.

Random list, yes why bother, I am happy for it to be removed, never used it and cannot really see the point!

You will always find resistence to new things, please do not take it personally. I think if people sat down and used AllinOne for a short period they will see the benefits, the addition of the Genre, Rating etc.. are great.

Bear in mind that only a few people have requested that the script shows all recently added irrespective if watched or not, I like you think this is wrong and think you should keep it as it is. Like I said if you watch all 10 movies the list becomes useless, this far outweighs the fact that some may have two users using XBMC and watchign different things. The majority have not commented, to me that means they are happy with your script. Big Grin

Please do not stop working on the script, we are all lookign forward to any improvements you may have planned for us! Big Grin

Thanks for all your hard work in bringing us, what I think is the best script we have seen for showing us recently added etc....

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 15:00)claymic Wrote: Marcos of course its free to remove the AllInOne from RC2, i am a big fan of Aeon and make this script only for this skin.

In no time I said I'll remove AllinOne, but who decides this is the users. For me it's perfect, but maybe some people preferred to lose 'extras' and have a 0,5s better performance. Huh

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mikkelnl - 2012-09-03

For what it's worth: I also like the script to hide 'watched' items, and only show 'unwachted' when available Smile
Now if someone could tell me which Weather addon is needed for mq4? Smile I only seem to get today's forecast, none of the other views/forecasts work...?

Even using another script can cause a slight delay.

I do not see any delay here at all (high speck hardware though)

Currently with AllinOne we get so much more info it IMO far oughtweighs a slight delay that some users may be getting plus it leaves the future open for improvemts and additions to the way this information can be used.

Lets keep it going please!!!
(2012-09-03, 15:47)mikkelnl Wrote: Now if someone could tell me which Weather addon is needed for mq4? Smile I only seem to get today's forecast, none of the other views/forecasts work...?

Would like to know this also as I only get todays forcast as well.

Thanks.

Re: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-09-03

Could someone list the benefits/potential benefits of AllinOne? I don't see the difference...

(2012-09-03, 16:01)newoski Wrote: Could someone list the benefits/potential benefits of AllinOne? I don't see the difference...

1. You only see the unwatched recent items, this is, in my opinion much better.
2. You get movie info, Genre, Rating, Year, Duration. Genre is the latest addition.
3. It has been written specifically for MQ4 allowing for greater integration and whatever future improvements/additions may be planned.
4. You are getting complete and undivided support from its developer (claymic) directly on this thread!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-09-03

Well, before skin used 4 scripts at home, idea is use only one, with more info.

Before

Recently Added (native resource in XBMC)
Random Items
Watch List - for In Progress
RandomandLastItems for playlists.

Now:
Allinone and RandomandLastItems for playlists.

My vote is for continue with allinone, performance is equal for me, but I have more info now.

PS: Allinone, donĀ“t have support for playlist yet, skin continue using the script RandomandLast item for this, but I think the Claymic, want to add it soon.

Wanilton