Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 20:55)sarakha63 Wrote: WOuld it be possible on the home menu under the movies/ tv show ansd music section to add cleannup database

we already have update database but the cleanup option would be good

Why? How often do you use this? Personally I do not think it is or should be used enough to warrant a space on the submenu.

Grab the XBMC Library Auto Update Add-On (there may be others out there) and set it to clean your database Once a day or after each update, it will do it automatically and in the background.

EDIT: Sorry the above sounds a little harsh, it was not mean to be! Just trying to say that I do not think it is worth putting on the submenu as it can be run automatically with an Add-On especailly as Marcos is trying to reduce the number of Menu Items to improve the speed of the skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mikkelnl - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-03, 17:21)m0v1em4n Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 15:51)chippie Wrote: Even using another script can cause a slight delay.

I do not see any delay here at all (high speck hardware though)

Currently with AllinOne we get so much more info it IMO far oughtweighs a slight delay that some users may be getting plus it leaves the future open for improvemts and additions to the way this information can be used.

Lets keep it going please!!!
(2012-09-03, 15:47)mikkelnl Wrote: Now if someone could tell me which Weather addon is needed for mq4? Smile I only seem to get today's forecast, none of the other views/forecasts work...?

Would like to know this also as I only get todays forcast as well.

Thanks.

Didnt Marcos post a link to a new weather addon some pages back,

I downloaded and My weather is fine

****update***

Here is what Marcos posted

Quote:Weather only works properly if you use an updated version of weather.wunderground, available here:

http://code.google.com/p/ronie/downloads/list

THANK YOU Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-03

@Marocs,

Is thre any reason why you do not have a seperate subforum for the MQ skins? Had a look at Nox and MQ has countless more hits and posts compared to Nox and yet Nox has its own subforum.

Mind you the actual Aeon forum, where this thread is seems to be complelety filled with MQ threads PMSL! Laugh

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-09-04

chippie, if you look you will see that 99% of skinners are moderators of their own areas, but I did not, I was never asked for this, but I'm happy anyway.

If you search, you will also see that our skin is the only outside of official repository.

Counting all views (version 2 and 3) already passed 1 million visits, and version 4 has not even been released. Cool So, some things have no explanation .. Wink

All I can do is say thank you to all users, you are the part that really matters. Nod

Our skin is here since version 2 and all is well. So does not touch on what works well, and so we will continue forward. Angel

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-03, 15:00)claymic Wrote: The rentlyadd is easy to modify in the script.
I only make a better logic for Recentlyadd. The top menu its for quick access, right ? Why someone want to quick access a watched movie again ?
In your opinion you make a better logic. Some people have another opinion of this. But this is normal.

(2012-09-03, 15:00)claymic Wrote: You can access the recentlyadd from submenu without any problem, will show all your movies recentlyadd. There is another thing, If you put 20 new movies, only 10 are shown, you have to access the recentlyadd from submenu to see the others 10. Its unlogical. With the AllInOne if you watch a movie, the script remove this movie from the list and put another movie in the position 10, if there is another new wantched movie of course. Its unlogical have the same 10 new movies for quick access.
Everyone uses XBMC in a different way. For us the 'Recently added' primarily is used to see the last movies added quickly without going to the submenu. As stated above several people using the same build of XBMC here and with your logic they have to go to the submenu to see the last added movies because they cannot be sure that the top menu show them all. We don't add much movies at once, so the 10 items are enough for us.

(2012-09-03, 15:00)claymic Wrote: The random its another unlogical thing. Why someone you use a random episodes list? Music album, ok, Movies, more or less. Episodes Huh??
Here I'm with you. I have no needs for this.

(2012-09-03, 15:00)claymic Wrote: If anyone have a problem with the AllInOne, will have a problem with Inprogress or watchlist too.
There is some resistence for modifications here and make a new script to do the same of the same its not for me, i am sorry.
Marcos of course its free to remove the AllInOne from RC2, i am a big fan of Aeon and make this script only for this skin. Take almost 180 hours to make AllInone in 3 weeks.
Sorry, but I don't understand your reaction! It's not against you or the script. You have released the script and than you have to live with the reaction. It's normal that many people have much more opinions than you. You will get commendation for the script, but, maybe it's the wrong word, critism will be included. You have to deal with this. This is a discussion to fullfill most of the wishes of all users. Look at your above statement and think about it. Another opinion isn't resistence.

Again: It's not against you or the script.

(2012-09-03, 15:00)claymic Wrote: I will stop the AllInOne updates for now, i planned some changes for this week but will take much time to implement everything i was planning and i dont think this is what your guys want (something new). I dont want waste my time,
Sorry, but this is childish.

(2012-09-03, 15:00)claymic Wrote: I do not have much extra time. Every single inplementation requerie modify several lines in the scripts, so now i am thinking : "why i should make several implementations if the users want to have the same of the same ?"
I have done several software projects and scripts and I know that it costs much time. But in open software projects like this all have to find a compromise between all wishes, functionality and usability. We all want that MQ4 will be a perfect skin that fullfill the most wishes of many users as possible. Is it a problem for you to add new features with your script to the skin and leave other features as they are? It should be possible to add your logic for "Recently added" besides the old behaviour and the user can decide which logic he wants.

No one has said that he don't want your script. The script has nice features und will become better. We all only want make your script and MQ4 better than everything else.

Conclusion of this: Continue your work on the script and help to make MQ4 the best skin ever.

(2012-09-03, 16:35)claymic Wrote: Complemention
- You can random your musics,albums, episodes or movies, very fast with one click (less than 1 second).
- The last item played for episodes and movies shown the percent played (progress bar) of this item.
- There is a monitoring thread for the window home, will be a very usefull thing in the future;.
Complemention (in the future)
- The episodes progress will play a resume or a playlist. If you click in the last episode played, you can choose if will play only this episode or a playlist with all episódes from this tvshow (start with the last episode (resume) or the next episode unwatched).
- In the recently episodes i will insert a recently TVShow too. You can click in a tvshow and will play all recentlyadd episodes for this TVShow (start with the new added episodes unwatched).
- The script will be configurable. You will can choose if you want the recentlyadd with unwatched or not. Or you will can choose if in the place of the random items, shown the Rating movies unwatched (i will prefer this, a movie sugestion based on the higher rating of unwatched movies).
There is several implementations planned for AllInOne.
Now the AllinOne its only in the begginer stage. First we have to test the basic and the basic have to work for everyone.
Thanks again Chippie for all your support.
Clayton

This sounds good. And with the last point all the excitement was unnecessary... Wink

Hi claymic,

I have one problem with the recently added function. I have "splitted" the movie database in 3 smart playlists and have deactivated "movies" in the main menu. The 3 playlists can be accessed from the main menu with seperate menu items. The recently added for 2 playlists works fine. The playlist for the movies doesn't work as expected. The title, year, imdb and duration is displayed, but no poster and no plot. This last 10 items are the same as they are with the orginal movies menu item. With the original movies menu item I get poster and plot.

Do you have any idea? Are any helpful infos for this problem in the logfile?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-04

@samurai07

Some valid points but it is just human nature to respond and take things personally, I know I would if I spent that amount of hours and had lots of negative feedback even though it is not personal. Most of the positives came after claymic's post. Perhaps we can all learn (again) from this and post positive feedback if we like something rather than just the negatives. Big Grin

Another thing we have to remember is that English is not the first language for many people on these forums and as such the wording may seem a little harsh and can be interpreted in a different way to what was meant. By this I am referring to the comment about stopping work on the AllinOne updates, I am sure it was not meant to read the way it was written.

It looks like there are great things planned fro this script and I for one am looking forward to putting it through its paces. Big Grin
(2012-09-04, 01:11)samurai07 Wrote: Hi claymic,

I have one problem with the recently added function. I have "splitted" the movie database in 3 smart playlists and have deactivated "movies" in the main menu. The 3 playlists can be accessed from the main menu with seperate menu items. The recently added for 2 playlists works fine. The playlist for the movies doesn't work as expected. The title, year, imdb and duration is displayed, but no poster and no plot. This last 10 items are the same as they are with the orginal movies menu item. With the original movies menu item I get poster and plot.

Going to jump the gun here but as far as I know the recently added has not been implemented for Custom Main Menu Items yet in the AllinOne script. Perhaps you are getting the info from one of the old scripts.

At least I do not see any detials on my custom main menu playlist items. I have removed the other recent scripts from my Addons folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-03, 20:33)MarcosQui Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 17:31)m0v1em4n Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 11:40)m0v1em4n Wrote: Hi Guys

can anyone give me some pointer how to get set information, I am running Eden and have the addon installed, I am able to run the sets manager but cant figure what I have to do to get the sets info, where is this info supposed to show

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Would be nice if I could get some help on this Big Grin

Install script Movie Sets (Eden only), go to MOVIES/submenu SETS and change view to SETS. Done.

Thanks Marcos,

got it working and just for your info it also seem to work on my Frodo Alpha 4 build using script version 3.0.3, it just the sets manager that doesn't work think Frostbox as knocked it off, but think he is working on a new plugin version

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-04

@Marcos

When in File Mode would it be possible for the skin to hide the extrafanart folders. These appear without a name and obviously do not show any content as they do not contain any movies/episodes.

Thanks.

Hi Marcos,

some things about the RC2:

- when playlists added to the main menu the library information for this shows "ITEMS:" and so on. Is it possible to change ITEMS to the name of the menu item? Like you do for movies, TV Shows or Concerts.
- I have moved date/time/wheather info to the top of the page. On screens with top menu the infos are on the right side with weather icon. On screens without the top menu the info is on the left side without the weather icon. When you enter videos this information are on the right side with weather icon. Isn't it better when this information is on the right side under every circumstances and with the weather icon?
- apropo videos. If you enter videos you got the last view and have to go back to the entry point for videos. For instance if you was in movies, gone back to the main menu and enter videos you get movies displayed. Same for TV Shows and concerts.
- in wall view in files mode you added the menu item for the info panel under media info in RC2. But automatic panel cannot be changed.
- video file mode: when entering (de)activate view from the top menu, you cannot see the viewtype and if it is activated or not. You only see the pictures and with left/right you can navigate
- animated weather icons: if I remember correctly (do I?) this could be activated under furniture. I cannot find such menu item in RC2
- weather: when entering weather and choose 10 days, pressing right don't activate the slider to navigate
- addon options: pressing down works fine and will select item after item. pressing up jumps from UPDATE to DISABLE instead to CONFIGURE
- main menu; is it possible to make search, files and videos customizable? With that we have full control over the menus
- customizations: in all submenu the first item is shutdown which is not displayed in the main menu. For what is this and can it be removed?
- movie multiplex view: pressing down 2 times give us the view to the fanart. But in extra thumbnail style the 4 screenshots don't disappear
- music wall view: in the bottom line we see the name of the selected album. Is it possible to display the interpret above this line?
- music song list: is it possible to change the display format from albumtitle - tracktitle - interpret to something else (f.i. only tracktitle)?
- video file mode for movies that are not in the database: the media infos aren't displayed here every time. They are displayed when you entering the directory for the first time. if you leave the directory and reentring it, no media infos are displayed. If you play a movie/clip and stop it not to fast, the media infos for this clip are displayed. After playing another clip, media infos for the last clip are displayed, but for media infos for the clip played before are gone. Is the skin responsible for getting the media infos or are they provided by xbmc?
- music database wall view and kiosk mode activated: if the cursor is at one of the sides and the cursor ist pressed again to that side you loose the focus
- suggestion for navigation in wall view and kiosk mode activated: at the moment the cursor don't move anymore if it reach one side. please change this in the way that cuursor jumps to the other side if it is pressed agein.
- suggestion for navigation in wall view and kiosk mode deactivated: let the top menu only pop up when the cursor reaches the top side. on left and right side jump to the opposite side. if the cursor is on last line, jump to the first line.

That's it for now. I have to sleep about this. Wink
Maybe there is some more but I'm tired now...

(2012-09-04, 01:15)chippie Wrote: @samurai07

Some valid points but it is just human nature to respond and take things personally, I know I would if I spent that amount of hours and had lots of negative feedback even though it is not personal. Most of the positives came after claymic's post. Perhaps we can all learn (again) from this and post positive feedback if we like something rather than just the negatives. Big Grin
Yes, all I want to say is that this is nothing against him and that we all want the same thing. Maybe I did the same as I was young... Wink But with the years (atm 44) you learn to stand over these things. Big Grin

(2012-09-04, 01:15)chippie Wrote: Another thing we have to remember is that English is not the first language for many people on these forums and as such the wording may seem a little harsh and can be interpreted in a different way to what was meant. By this I am referring to the comment about stopping work on the AllinOne updates, I am sure it was not meant to read the way it was written.
You are right. For me it is not my first language also.

(2012-09-04, 01:15)chippie Wrote: It looks like there are great things planned fro this script and I for one am looking forward to putting it through its paces. Big Grin
+1!

(2012-09-04, 01:15)chippie Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 01:11)samurai07 Wrote: Hi claymic,

Going to jump the gun here but as far as I know the recently added has not been implemented for Custom Main Menu Items yet in the AllinOne script. Perhaps you are getting the info from one of the old scripts.

At least I do not see any detials on my custom main menu playlist items. I have removed the other recent scripts from my Addons folder.
This could be the thing. I don't have removed any addons. I wonder why it works with 2 playlists...
So we have to wait for implementation.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - 0mikeyj0 - 2012-09-04

(2012-09-04, 02:22)samurai07 Wrote: Hi Marcos,

some things about the RC2:

- when playlists added to the main menu the library information for this shows "ITEMS:" and so on. Is it possible to change ITEMS to the name of the menu item? Like you do for movies, TV Shows or Concerts.
- I have moved date/time/wheather info to the top of the page. On screens with top menu the infos are on the right side with weather icon. On screens without the top menu the info is on the left side without the weather icon. When you enter videos this information are on the right side with weather icon. Isn't it better when this information is on the right side under every circumstances and with the weather icon?
- apropo videos. If you enter videos you got the last view and have to go back to the entry point for videos. For instance if you was in movies, gone back to the main menu and enter videos you get movies displayed. Same for TV Shows and concerts.
- in wall view in files mode you added the menu item for the info panel under media info in RC2. But automatic panel cannot be changed.
- video file mode: when entering (de)activate view from the top menu, you cannot see the viewtype and if it is activated or not. You only see the pictures and with left/right you can navigate
- animated weather icons: if I remember correctly (do I?) this could be activated under furniture. I cannot find such menu item in RC2
- weather: when entering weather and choose 10 days, pressing right don't activate the slider to navigate
- addon options: pressing down works fine and will select item after item. pressing up jumps from UPDATE to DISABLE instead to CONFIGURE
- main menu; is it possible to make search, files and videos customizable? With that we have full control over the menus
- customizations: in all submenu the first item is shutdown which is not displayed in the main menu. For what is this and can it be removed?
- movie multiplex view: pressing down 2 times give us the view to the fanart. But in extra thumbnail style the 4 screenshots don't disappear
- music wall view: in the bottom line we see the name of the selected album. Is it possible to display the interpret above this line?
- music song list: is it possible to change the display format from albumtitle - tracktitle - interpret to something else (f.i. only tracktitle)?
- video file mode for movies that are not in the database: the media infos aren't displayed here every time. They are displayed when you entering the directory for the first time. if you leave the directory and reentring it, no media infos are displayed. If you play a movie/clip and stop it not to fast, the media infos for this clip are displayed. After playing another clip, media infos for the last clip are displayed, but for media infos for the clip played before are gone. Is the skin responsible for getting the media infos or are they provided by xbmc?
- music database wall view and kiosk mode activated: if the cursor is at one of the sides and the cursor ist pressed again to that side you loose the focus
- suggestion for navigation in wall view and kiosk mode activated: at the moment the cursor don't move anymore if it reach one side. please change this in the way that cuursor jumps to the other side if it is pressed agein.
- suggestion for navigation in wall view and kiosk mode deactivated: let the top menu only pop up when the cursor reaches the top side. on left and right side jump to the opposite side. if the cursor is on last line, jump to the first line.

That's it for now. I have to sleep about this. Wink
Maybe there is some more but I'm tired now...

Hey there!

Animated weather icons are in Customization. When in there, press enter on Weather Menu and you'll see the options.

I've also wondered about why the Clock/Weather moves from left to right on different screens instead of staying on one side.

Also, +1 on the customization of the music track names screen. I don't prefer to see the Artist Name in my song titles, just the song title.

Mike

Hi Mike,

(2012-09-04, 02:41)0mikeyj0 Wrote: Animated weather icons are in Customization. When in there, press enter on Weather Menu and you'll see the options.
thanks for open my eyes...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - divadnivip007 - 2012-09-04

Hey Marcos,

First of all Congrats for the Skin!!!!

In Games menu, there is no submenu underneath "Media Info" to personnalise the views example:

Use media case, Pannel always visible, etc.

Also, do you have something planned for Games menu, perhaps new Views? Is there a possibility to have trailers for games. I think it worked in Aeon MQ 3.

Thx Dave

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - john6555 - 2012-09-04

(2012-08-31, 17:39)chippie Wrote:
(2012-08-31, 17:25)john6555 Wrote: Am I crazy or are we not able to change the default main menu item? I want to change the selected menu on startup from Movies to TV Shows - I've searched and searched, watched the tutorial videos, and I can't seem to find the answer! I thought there was a way on version 1.0 to do this, but now that I upgraded (and started over) to 1.1 I can't seem to figure this out. Anyone able to help? I hope it's not so simple I feel stupid! Smile

The way to do this is to disable/move the items around until the one you want is in the default position.

EDIT: Investigating!