Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Ghostdivision - 2012-09-06

Marcos your skin is working nearly perfect for me.

One thing I would like to request, would it be possible to add an option where fast forward and rewind buttons in your skin are not exactly fast forward and rewind but mapped basically seek forward seek backward or whatever the arrow keys are on my keyboard, like when i play a movie at my pc i hit arrow over and arrow back to seek forward or seek back, it works alot more reliable and better then actual fast forward or rewind. I always seek forward seek back with the arrow keys on my keyboard, hitting the actual rewind or fast forward button on my remote seems to have issues in xbmc with some files. Doing a search i see alot of users complain about this, its basically whenever its a multi file video. Large file videos also seem to be more glitchy using this function.

It still has not been fixed in xbmc, and I would not even consider it your issue, but i have wife and child who use this as well, as well as guests and tonight when I got home they were complaining the xbmc fast forward and rewind were skipping to the beginning of the file. They use your osd in the dvd player to skip forward or back or rewind and fast forward, they really enjoy your on screen osd.

So would it be possible to specify if the fast forward or rewind buttons in your skin actually fast forward or rewind, or we can make them seek instead or essentially replicate the left and right arrow keys on a keyboard?

Its a dumb issue i apologize about, but its driving me nuts with xbmc... If i could specify as to make your buttons in the osd act like the left and right arrow key for fast forward or rewind, i would never have to worry about anyone using them, or the problems they come with in xbmc.

Obviously some might not like this, so i ask if it could be an option what those buttons do?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - schumi2004 - 2012-09-06

@Marcos,

For a other issue i have enabled debugging and i noticed this for MQ4 skin:

Quote:13:24:14 T:140130945447744 DEBUG: OpenBundle - Opened bundle /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeonmq.4/media/textures.xbt
13:24:14 T:140130945447744 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://skin/extras/osd_progress_clear.png Error: (2)
13:24:14 T:140130945447744 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/osd_progress_clear.png
13:24:14 T:140130945447744 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://skin/extras/osd_progressmid.png Error: (2)
13:24:14 T:140130945447744 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/extras/osd_progressmid.png

Maybe you can do something with it.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - MarcosQui - 2012-09-06

Ghostdivision, all commands in the OSD are consistent with the pattern of XBMC, if you want something custom must edit the keymap, there are tips on the forum for that.

schumi2004, this has been fixed for the final version.

9 days left. Big Grin

(2012-08-31, 16:57)wouterdt Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 18:45)wouterdt Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 13:13)wouterdt Wrote: I'm sorry but XBMC won't make screenshot of this particular screen, when I have the screen in front of me and press the screenshot button there is no screenshot taken.

It's when you have a multi-ISO movie, folder structure like this for example:

Code:
D:\Movies\My Movie Folder\My Movie File DVD1.iso
                         \My Movie File DVD2.iso

When I start this movie from the movie library I get a pop-up to select which disk I want to play, that's the screen I'm talking about.

Since XBMC won't allow me to make a screenshot I made a photo (click it to get the full size), it's in the center of the screen saying "Part 2":

I think it's the 720p/DialogFileStacking.xml file...

Marcos, you might not have seen the post.. can I get a reply to this? Was waiting for RC2 to see if it was in there but it's not.

Please, look into SugarSync folder, has a file to you.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - wouterdt - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-06, 18:19)MarcosQui Wrote: Please, look into SugarSync folder, has a file to you.

That's much more clear thank you!

I still don't like the watched icon for this purpose, maybe a disc image or something like that would be better. But nevertheless this is a big improvement!

I'm sorry, as I can not reproduce the window here, so I had to make without knowing the outcome. Cool
Can you show me a picture of how it was?

PS. I updated the file, please test again.

Here's a picture, xbmc won't let me make a screenshot of this screen:

You can fake a double/triple iso setup easily:

Take an iso movie you have, lets say Batman, you've got a folder "Dark Knight (2008)" and in that folder you have an iso file "dark_knight.iso". Now rename this file to "dark_knight_dvd1.iso" and duplicate it to "dark_knight_dvd2.iso". As soon as you update your DB and start the movie you get the screen. I think you can even fake it with 2 random files, as long as the names are correct for stacking files.

I tried doing this, but this window does not appear to me.

I updated the file again.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-09-06

Hi Marcos,

to clarify:
(2012-09-04, 02:22)samurai07 Wrote: - in wall view in files mode you added the menu item for the info panel under media info in RC2. But automatic panel cannot be changed.
This only happens in video files when the movies/clips in the current directory are not in the database. The menu item to adjust the delay is missing also. If the files in the directory are in the database all works fine. In music files the option can be changed, even though the files are not in the database, but the menu item to adjust the delay is missing.
(2012-09-04, 02:22)samurai07 Wrote: - suggestion for navigation in wall view and kiosk mode activated: at the moment the cursor don't move anymore if it reach one side. please change this in the way that cuursor jumps to the other side if it is pressed agein.
- suggestion for navigation in wall view and kiosk mode deactivated: let the top menu only pop up when the cursor reaches the top side. on left and right side jump to the opposite side. if the cursor is on last line, jump to the first line.
Some more:
If the cursor is on the last item of the line (right side) and right is pressed again, jump to the first item (left side) of the next line. If the cursor is on the first item of a line (left side) and left ist pressed again, jump to the last item of the previous line. If the cursor is on the first item of the first line and left is pressed, jump to last item in the list. If the cursor is on the last item of the list und right is pressed, jump to first item of the list. For up and down use the actual movements with the addition to jump to last/first line if the cursor is on the first/last line and up/down is pressed.
These can also be used when kiosk mode is deactivated with the difference that the top menu pop up when the cursor is on the first line and up is pressed. It has the advantage that jumping from the beginng to the end of the list is possible even though pressing up isn't possible because the top menu pop up.

Comments from other users about that are appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - samurai07 - 2012-09-06

Hi Marcos,

somthing else:
I have customized the osd bar and there are 13 icons left which are completly shown in the bar. Fixed list is activated. When the cursor reach the last icon the bar moves to the left, the first icon disappear and after the last icon is an empty place. If right is pressed again the bar moves right and the cursor jumps to the first icon. Moving the bar isn't necessary because there is no icon behind the 13th icon.

Very nice Marcos! http://imgur.com/HrL6F

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Toricred - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-06, 03:18)Toricred Wrote: I started using RC2 Monday and it is awesome. I just finished reading all of this thread and it helped with a lot of things, but I'm having problems understanding how to use some of the Live TV features. When I hit enter while watching I get the bottom menu and options to enable/disable menu items, but I can't actually use the menu items. What am I forgetting?

So I just noticed this is happening while watching videos as well.

Edit:

I tried renaming guisettings.xml and the problem went away so it is a setting in there. I'm going to try to narrow it down further tomorrow evening.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - pepito62 - 2012-09-07

Hello,

I have MQ3 and when I listen to music, I can not get the fanart as wallpaper in the home page.

Is it setting? If so which one?

If not, is it is anticipated that easily handles MQ4 fanarts music?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 04:13)Toricred Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 03:18)Toricred Wrote: I started using RC2 Monday and it is awesome. I just finished reading all of this thread and it helped with a lot of things, but I'm having problems understanding how to use some of the Live TV features. When I hit enter while watching I get the bottom menu and options to enable/disable menu items, but I can't actually use the menu items. What am I forgetting?

So I just noticed this is happening while watching videos as well.

Edit:

I tried renaming guisettings.xml and the problem went away so it is a setting in there. I'm going to try to narrow it down further tomorrow evening.

Did you reset the skin to Default after installing it? This was clearly stated by Marcos.

If you did then the only assumption is that resetting the skin does not remove all the MQ4 settings from the guisettings.xml.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tododo - 2012-09-07

Hi guys - loving the skin - quite difficult to get used to but great once you start to "get it"
One problem I have - not just this skin I dont think is with album information and any sort of music info

Do you need to have particular plugins for this to work properly - I have Cdartmanager for the cd arts and some of them appear OK

At the moment for scraping I have Universal Scraper for Artists and Albums

Something is getting thepictures of the artists OK but whenever I try to get any album info, song info etc - nothing comes up - like it cant find anything

Not sure if anything to do with it but the allmusic plugin says its broken also

Any help would really be appreciated - just a point in the right direction- its been annoying me ever since I installed XBMC

Thanks