Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 (/showthread.php?tid=135045)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-09-07

@tododo, do you need artist slideshow, search in program add-ons, configure addon for use only image 16:9, and set for additional artist information, done.

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - 0mikeyj0 - 2012-09-07

Hey Marcos!

Things are really shaping up with the skin! You've done great work. after using it since the first version, I've got a few items...

1. When using a Banner view, on the Collections menu there is the option "Zoom Efect". "Efect" is misspelled as it should be "Effect".

2. When in Showcase view, on the Collections menu there is the option "Stacked". I've always felt there was the possibility for confusion, especially with newer XBMC users, that this might have something to do with the Movie Stacking feature in XBMC. I think a more obvious name might be something like "Coverflow Effect" since that is what that option actually does to the posters.

3. Any chance for an additional Banner view based on the "Banner Info" view that would add another 3 or even 4 rows of banners extending to the top of the screen? I have many TV shows and just having 8 on normal Banner view means a lot of scrolling. Personally, I wouldn't need an info panel and I'm not sure who uses that too much since with a TV show, we know the plot summary and it never changes. The only real usable piece of info on that screen is the Total Episodes/Episodes watched. Maybe you could move that info to the bottom of the screen? If someone DOES need an info panel, you could make it overlay the banners when needed.

Just some thoughts! Thanks again.

Mike

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hdmax - 2012-09-07

What would be great, is to be able to say how much it jumps forward or back
For example, while using to forward, or back button, if you also hit 5, or 10, 15 or whatever numeral, that would be the size of the jump in seconds. (Hitting the forward arrow, and the 1 then 5 would move 15 seconds forward.) There is a lot of times when I missed something, or just want to see it again, and 5-10 seconds would be perfect, and the current 30 seconds it too much!

(2012-09-06, 13:24)Ghostdivision Wrote: Marcos your skin is working nearly perfect for me.

One thing I would like to request, would it be possible to add an option where fast forward and rewind buttons in your skin are not exactly fast forward and rewind but mapped basically seek forward seek backward or whatever the arrow keys are on my keyboard, like when i play a movie at my pc i hit arrow over and arrow back to seek forward or seek back, it works alot more reliable and better then actual fast forward or rewind. I always seek forward seek back with the arrow keys on my keyboard, hitting the actual rewind or fast forward button on my remote seems to have issues in xbmc with some files. Doing a search i see alot of users complain about this, its basically whenever its a multi file video. Large file videos also seem to be more glitchy using this function.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - tododo - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 18:00)Wanilton Wrote: @tododo, do you need artist slideshow, search in program add-ons, configure addon for use only image 16:9, and set for additional artist information, done.

Wanilton

Cheers - will give that a go

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - Wanilton - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 18:51)0mikeyj0 Wrote: Hey Marcos!

Things are really shaping up with the skin! You've done great work. after using it since the first version, I've got a few items...

1. When using a Banner view, on the Collections menu there is the option "Zoom Efect". "Efect" is misspelled as it should be "Effect".

2. When in Showcase view, on the Collections menu there is the option "Stacked". I've always felt there was the possibility for confusion, especially with newer XBMC users, that this might have something to do with the Movie Stacking feature in XBMC. I think a more obvious name might be something like "Coverflow Effect" since that is what that option actually does to the posters.

3. Any chance for an additional Banner view based on the "Banner Info" view that would add another 3 or even 4 rows of banners extending to the top of the screen? I have many TV shows and just having 8 on normal Banner view means a lot of scrolling. Personally, I wouldn't need an info panel and I'm not sure who uses that too much since with a TV show, we know the plot summary and it never changes. The only real usable piece of info on that screen is the Total Episodes/Episodes watched. Maybe you could move that info to the bottom of the screen? If someone DOES need an info panel, you could make it overlay the banners when needed.

Just some thoughts! Thanks again.

Mike

@mike, about item 1 - ok, typo error, fixed.

about item 2 - DonĀ“t change for now.

Item 3, only Marcos for answer about this for you.

Thanks,

Wanilton

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mikkelnl - 2012-09-07

I have two questions Smile

Is the allinone script uptodate in the repo, or is there another place to download the latest version?

And second, I am wondering if there is any way to speed up loading. I don't mean the skin itself, it starts up nicely, but loading the movies, tv or any other menu item takes several seconds...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - chippie - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 18:55)hdmax Wrote: What would be great, is to be able to say how much it jumps forward or back
For example, while using to forward, or back button, if you also hit 5, or 10, 15 or whatever numeral, that would be the size of the jump in seconds. (Hitting the forward arrow, and the 1 then 5 would move 15 seconds forward.) There is a lot of times when I missed something, or just want to see it again, and 5-10 seconds would be perfect, and the current 30 seconds it too much!

(2012-09-06, 13:24)Ghostdivision Wrote: Marcos your skin is working nearly perfect for me.

One thing I would like to request, would it be possible to add an option where fast forward and rewind buttons in your skin are not exactly fast forward and rewind but mapped basically seek forward seek backward or whatever the arrow keys are on my keyboard, like when i play a movie at my pc i hit arrow over and arrow back to seek forward or seek back, it works alot more reliable and better then actual fast forward or rewind. I always seek forward seek back with the arrow keys on my keyboard, hitting the actual rewind or fast forward button on my remote seems to have issues in xbmc with some files. Doing a search i see alot of users complain about this, its basically whenever its a multi file video. Large file videos also seem to be more glitchy using this function.

As Marcos said, this is moving away from the standard XBMC keymappings but you can edit them yourselves.

Up/Down Cursor goes forward/back by 10mins, Left/Right Cursor, jumps by 30 seconds. The "F" key Fast Forwards (increments on each press), the "R" key Rewinds;

From the keymap files;

<left>StepBack</left>
<right>StepForward</right>
<up>BigStepForward</up>
<down>BigStepBack</down>
<f>FastForward</f>
<r>Rewind</r>

You can easily change the way the keys on your keyboard are mapped but cannot see how to change the mapping of how the OSD buttons work, I took a quick look but could not see anything obvious, guess it must be somewhere though.

One thing to mention is that the "Next" and "Previous" OSD Buttons do take you through chapters (If you have them in your .mkv's) but if not then the button does move on to the next item in your playlist. It has always worked like this, just wanted to make you aware of the "chapter" thing.

@hdmax I like the idea but not sure if it is at all possible, your best bet would be to find a thread about keymappings somewhere and post the question there. However you can add some lines to your advancedsettings.xml file under your userdata folder to override the defaults;

</advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward>
<timeseekforwardbig>300</timeseekforwardbig>
<timeseekbackwardbig>-300</timeseekbackwardbig>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

The above will change the Left/Right to jump by 10 seconds and the Up/Down to jump by 300 seconds (5 minutes) You can of course put whatever values you like in there.

Hope that helps!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-07, 19:52)mikkelnl Wrote: I have two questions Smile

Is the allinone script uptodate in the repo, or is there another place to download the latest version?

And second, I am wondering if there is any way to speed up loading. I don't mean the skin itself, it starts up nicely, but loading the movies, tv or any other menu item takes several seconds...

Hi,

In reply to your second question

This could be something to do with the allinone script, read a few pages back, it is said if you put an one album in the music section it solves it for now and it is being worked on,
presuming that is what's is wrong

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - aur0n - 2012-09-08

I'm trying to do the following but with no success:

I would like to have, in my main menu, something like this:

"MOVIES | TV_SHOWS | SPECIFIC_MOVIE_FOLDER"

Where SPECIFIC_MOVIE_FOLDER is a different folder with specific movies. The question is: how can I add a menu that works like "MOVIES" but points to a different movie folder?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - johnny87au - 2012-09-08

marcos email sent, VIP user here Tongue

Re: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - newoski - 2012-09-08

For the AllInOne temporary fix, is it ONLY 1 album, or at LEAST 1 album?

Thx

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hdmax - 2012-09-08

If you are talking about one master folder for TV_SHOWS, one for MOVIES, and one for SPECIFIC_MOVIE_FOLDER. All you need to do is point XBMC to each folder and tell it what your preferences are for scanning each folder.
I use one for MOVIES, and one for SCREENERS, And it works great. The screener folder changes a lot, as regular releases come out, I delete files from there, and place the new DVD/Blu-ray files in the MOVIES folder then an update of XBMC and all is good.

(2012-09-08, 02:06)aur0n Wrote: I'm trying to do the following but with no success:

I would like to have, in my main menu, something like this:

"MOVIES | TV_SHOWS | SPECIFIC_MOVIE_FOLDER"

Where SPECIFIC_MOVIE_FOLDER is a different folder with specific movies. The question is: how can I add a menu that works like "MOVIES" but points to a different movie folder?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - hdmax - 2012-09-08

At least one, but not limited to one. Meaning you can add as many as you'd like, or just one.

(2012-09-08, 06:37)newoski Wrote: For the AllInOne temporary fix, is it ONLY 1 album, or at LEAST 1 album?

Thx

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - mikkelnl - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-07, 22:48)m0v1em4n Wrote:

Hi,

This could be something to do with the allinone script, read a few pages back, it is said if you put an one album in the music section it solves it for now and it is being worked on,

Thanks but I don't think thats the issue: skin and recently added work fine... Only the viewtypes for tv movies and so on take a while to show up after selecting/entering them... Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 4 - m0v1em4n - 2012-09-08

(2012-09-08, 07:51)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-09-07, 22:48)m0v1em4n Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks but I don't think thats the issue: skin and recently added work fine... Only the viewtypes for tv movies and so on take a while to show up after selecting/entering them... Sad

Did you reset the skin and or delete the guisettings.xml as per Marcos instruction