Kodi Community Forum
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. (/showthread.php?tid=136037)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - davilla - 2012-07-14

here's a home to start discussions Smile

EDIT by Jezz_X below

Just to prove that it does actually work and TheUni didn't have a hidden PC behind his TV Tongue
Bear in mind this only really meant for set-top-boxes now until we can get decent skins that work proper on smaller devices this is a proof of concept videos

RE: The Official OGM, XBMC on Android thread. - aptalca - 2012-07-14

Official, xbmc and android in the same sentence?

Me wants!! Cool

EDIT: Typo in thread title fixed, embedded video no longer relevant

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Speedst3r - 2012-07-14

Congratulations XBMC team!

This complicates my search for a media player - so many choices now!

Specifically for XBMC on the XIOS DS though:
- maximum h.264 bitrate? Will it play Samsung's Oceanic Life demo smoothly? Smile
- have you got XBMC adjusting the refresh rate to match the video frame rate? (e.g. 23.976/50/60)
- audio output. Is there bitstreaming of HD audio or is this a planned upgrade?

As I want to put a media player in my home theatre, the following is essential
- 1080p output
- hardware decode of h.264 at up to 40Mbps
- sync of refresh rate with frame rate (being in Oz PAL@25fps is not uncommon)
- bitstreaming of HD audio

A fantastic milestone for XBMC all the same!

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - artrafael - 2012-07-14

OMG!... I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl over Justin what's his name. Smile All those coy, dropped hints over the last couple of months and now it's a reality. Guess I'll have to break down and buy an Android device.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - davilla - 2012-07-14

(2012-07-14, 05:41)Speedst3r Wrote: 1) maximum h.264 bitrate? Will it play Samsung's Oceanic Life demo smoothly? Smile
2) have you got XBMC adjusting the refresh rate to match the video frame rate? (e.g. 23.976/50/60)
3) audio output. Is there bitstreaming of HD audio or is this a planned upgrade?

1) Cut me a 50-100MB sample and I'll test it for you. It eats my brutal test, TheDarkKnight, raw decrypted bluray rip over a smb share. Bizarre like 'killa' forget it, they are not encoded to any reasonable spec and no hw decoder can handle it besides desktop nvidia.
2) Not been concerned with that as video playback seems quite good with the default setup.
3) It's capable of digital passthough, licensing is still being worked out (on the Pivos box) so this is disabled at the moment.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Speedst3r - 2012-07-14

(2012-07-14, 06:17)davilla Wrote: 1) Cut me a 50-100MB sample and I'll test it for you. It eats my brutal test, TheDarkKnight, raw decrypted bluray rip over a smb share. Bizarre like 'killa' forget it, they are not encoded to any reasonable spec and no hw decoder can handle it besides desktop nvidia.

The whole thing is only 480MB, did you still want part of it or the whole thing? (may be handy for testing in future)

It's not a dealbreaker as such, I have a few media files with high bitrates, and if it could play this (40Mbps) I would be confident the others with lower bitrates would play.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - davilla - 2012-07-14

dropbox it and give me an URL.

Re: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - atltrickster - 2012-07-14

I literally started dancing when I read the release announcement for this Smile Guess it's time to setup an Ubuntu VM environment so I can compile it and try it out. Would be very grateful if someone were to share an apk compiled from source though :-)

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - theuni - 2012-07-14

Builds from OSX too if that's your flavor.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - sstavross - 2012-07-14

Some questions from me too:
1. It runs on android 4.0 as I see. Will it run or android 2.2 and 2.3?
2.Some realtek chipsets (1186) can run "android" but it is based on MIPS. Will xbmc run on these devices? ( I guess no but you never know! :-)

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - jmarshall - 2012-07-14

ATM we're 2.3 and higher I believe. ATM it's ARM (with neon, though we're trying to do non-neon as well) + x86.

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Kweker - 2012-07-14

Never mind,

XBMC ARM binary download - beefsack - 2012-07-14

Fantastic work! I've compiled for 2.3.3 and above, and have tested on an MK802 and a Mini X and they both work well!

Download the binary here: removed due to XBMC team not wanting to release binaries

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - amarkin2015 - 2012-07-14

can i get an apk tried compiling cant get it to compile on windows

RE: The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread. - Kweker - 2012-07-14

(2012-07-14, 10:11)beefsack Wrote: Fantastic work! I'm compiling now, I'll host my binary so people keen to try can get at it easily.

I'm also compiling. Dependencies built fine. But when I try to build the main app after a while I get

checking sys/inotify.h usability... yes
checking sys/inotify.h presence... yes
checking for sys/inotify.h... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... yes
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes
configure: Using Python 2.6
checking for main in -lEGL... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.
make: *** [../../../..//libxbmc.so] Error 1

If anybody can point me in the right direction Smile