Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC Blu-ray player - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Win XBMC Blu-ray player (/showthread.php?tid=136156)

XBMC Blu-ray player - xbmcJunky - 2012-07-15

I have several Blu-ray movies, which I own, that I have ripped to a NAS drive with 4 2TB hard drives. I ripped the Blu-rays using DVDFab, so they are in separate folders, with the name of the folder being the name of the movie. I also have several DVD movies ripped in the same way on the NAS drive. I am running XBMC Eden 11.0 on a high-powered Windows 7 machine, hooked up to a wide-screen plasma TV. I have the XBMC library set up with all the Blu-ray and regular DVD movie plots listed and so forth, so I can pick a movie from the list and watch it. All that is well and good.

The problem seems to be the Blu-ray movie player in XBMC Eden 11.0. If I watch a regular DVD movie from XBMC, it is fine and works great. However, if I watch a Blu-ray movie with XBMC, it is a bit "jerky" at times, where the picture stops, then skips forward, etc. I have determined that it is the XBMC Blu-ray player that is the culprit. If I watch the exact same Blu-ray movie from the exact same hard drive folder on the NAS using TotalMedia Theatre 5, there is no jerkiness at all. However, I can't access my XBMC library (at least I know of no way) from within TMT5, so I have to start a movie "manually" by navigating to the NAS folder from within TMT5, and then watching it. I would like to do this automatically from within XBMC, and start the movie from the library. But instead of using the XBMC Blu-ray player, I would like to use TMT5. Like I said, regular DVD movies play fine with the XBMC player, so I only need to do this for Blu-rays.

Is there a way to make XBMC use TMT5 for Blu-rays and the internal player for regular DVD's, when playing movies that are saved in folders on a NAS drive? It would also be fine to just use TMT5 for all movies, both Blu-rays and regular DVD's. Any ideas?

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - kricker - 2012-07-15

Check out the wiki on usin external players. There are a few threads with examples on how to se it up already in the forums. Some of those even contain the necessary files you'll need to do it. The user Bluray has got this topic covered in various post. Search for posts by him and you'll find some useful info.

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - bluray - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 16:59)xbmcJunky Wrote: However, I can't access my XBMC library (at least I know of no way) from within TMT5, so I have to start a movie "manually" by navigating to the NAS folder from within TMT5, and then watching it. I would like to do this automatically from within XBMC, and start the movie from the library. But instead of using the XBMC Blu-ray player, I would like to use TMT5. Like I said, regular DVD movies play fine with the XBMC player, so I only need to do this for Blu-rays.

Is there a way to make XBMC use TMT5 for Blu-rays and the internal player for regular DVD's, when playing movies that are saved in folders on a NAS drive? It would also be fine to just use TMT5 for all movies, both Blu-rays and regular DVD's. Any ideas?
Download external player codes from here- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup......

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - xbmcJunky - 2012-07-30

[/quote]Download external player codes from here- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup......
[/quote]

I downloaded the player codes and set the batch files and xml for TMT5. However, when I start a Blu-ray movie from within XBMC, it says: "External player active. Click OK when playback has ended." However, TMT5 doesn't start. XBMC just sits there, and when I press OK, it goes back to the menu screen, as if I had already watched the movie. Do I need to change any settings in XBMC itself? Anyone?

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - BigHAZE - 2012-07-30

Why not just rip the "movie only" m2ts file like I do...put it in a folder with the movie name in your XBMC movie library and it should play fine. I ripped Transformers 3 and pulled the 40GB m2ts file out and XBMC sees it and plays it fine. I don't need any external player. I don't really want all the other menu stuff anyway..just the main movie! Smile

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - bluray - 2012-07-30

(2012-07-30, 00:33)xbmcJunky Wrote: Download external player codes from here- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup......

I downloaded the player codes and set the batch files and xml for TMT5. However, when I start a Blu-ray movie from within XBMC, it says: "External player active. Click OK when playback has ended." However, TMT5 doesn't start. XBMC just sits there, and when I press OK, it goes back to the menu screen, as if I had already watched the movie. Do I need to change any settings in XBMC itself? Anyone?
You can try the codes below, and make sure that the directory and drive highlight in RED are correct-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Login Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Login Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>D:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>D:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filenames="BD" name="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - xbmcJunky - 2012-08-05

I tried the following playercorefactory:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\dadrad\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayBDMV.bat is this:

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" %pth% exit

I have the movies in folders ripped from DVDFab. I do have just the main movie, not the menus. However, the internal Blu-ray player does not play Blu-ray movies without jerky motion in my setup. TMT5 plays the Blu-ray movies very smoothly, which is why I am trying to use it. However, the external setup above causes the "freeze" I was talking about.

Anyone?

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - bluray - 2012-08-05

What are your hardware's?

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - xbmcJunky - 2012-08-05

(2012-08-05, 04:59)bluray Wrote: What are your hardware's?

AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core processor with 4 GB memory
NVidea GEForce GTX 460 video card
Realtek HD Audio on the motherboard
Blu-ray movie folders saved on hard drives in a DLink NAS external drive case

I have Gigabit ethernet set up for the DLink NAS, but it's still not as fast as an internal drive would be. I noticed sometimes when watching a Blu-ray movie on the XBMC Blu-ray player that not only were the movements jerky at times, but the player had to stop sometimes to re-load the buffer. I never have this problem in TMT5. I thought it might have something to do with the XBMC Blu-ray player not being able to read from the NAS drive fast enough. That's why I am trying, unsuccessfully so far, to get TMT5 hooked up automatically in XBMC.

Any ideas?

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - bluray - 2012-08-05

Try these configures-

1. If you installed any audio codec (mainly Realtek), you can un-install it
2. Make sure to up date the latest Nvidia driver from here- Automatic Driver Detection
3. Select Nvidia High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
4. If you have AVR, you need to select "Audio output device WASAPI: "AVR brand/model go here" (Nvidia High Definition......)" in XBMC
5. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
6. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output
7. Select "Hardware Acceleration" in TMT5 AV Center/Display

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - xbmcJunky - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-05, 17:40)bluray Wrote: Try these configures-

1. If you installed any audio codec (mainly Realtek), you can un-install it
2. Make sure to up date the latest Nvidia driver from here- Automatic Driver Detection
3. Select Nvidia High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
4. If you have AVR, you need to select "Audio output device WASAPI: "AVR brand/model go here" (Nvidia High Definition......)" in XBMC
5. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
6. Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output
7. Select "Hardware Acceleration" in TMT5 AV Center/Display

I set it up as above but I am getting no sound. At least the movie starts in TMT5 though. After installing the latest NVidea driver, I see RX-V671-1 in the sound control panel. but it says "not plugged in". I ran an HDMI cable from the video card to the receiver (Yamaha RX-V671). Might be a bad cable. I'll fiddle with it and see if I can get it going.

Thanks for the update.

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - bluray - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-07, 04:36)xbmcJunky Wrote: After installing the latest NVidea driver, I see RX-V671-1 in the sound control panel. but it says "not plugged in". I ran an HDMI cable from the video card to the receiver (Yamaha RX-V671). Might be a bad cable. I'll fiddle with it and see if I can get it going.

Thanks for the update.
You can try different HDMI cable and different HDMI port....if you haven't done it, I'm suggesting connects it this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables.....

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - xbmcJunky - 2012-08-09

(2012-08-08, 00:12)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-07, 04:36)xbmcJunky Wrote: After installing the latest NVidea driver, I see RX-V671-1 in the sound control panel. but it says "not plugged in". I ran an HDMI cable from the video card to the receiver (Yamaha RX-V671). Might be a bad cable. I'll fiddle with it and see if I can get it going.

Thanks for the update.
You can try different HDMI cable and different HDMI port....if you haven't done it, I'm suggesting connects it this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables.....

I bought a new HDMI cable and ran it from the NVidea card to the Yamaha receiver. The control panel says the HDMI is not plugged in, and I don't know how to diagnose the problem. The cable is definitely plugged in, and I have now tried 2 cables, so that's not the problem. I unplugged and plugged both ends of the HDMI cable multiple times, and the connections are tight. I rebooted the computer multiple times as well. The DVI connection from the NVidia card to my regular monitor is working fine. If I look at "Set Up Digital Audio" in the NVidia Control Panel, it says "No audio capable display available" for DVI(1), DVI(2), and HDMI.

Any ideas?

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - bluray - 2012-08-09

Make sure that you do these-

1. Connect HTPC HDMI output-->AVR HDMI input and AVR HDMI output-->HDTV HDMI input via 2 HDMI cables
2. Configures playback device in Windows control panel and XBMC audio output identical to my screen shots below (you should see RX-V671-1 in place of HT-RC270-3)

If the above doesn't work with Nvidia driver, you might give Realtek HD audio codec another try- High Definition Audio Codecs

RE: XBMC Blu-ray player - xbmcJunky - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-09, 05:54)bluray Wrote: Make sure that you do these-

1. Connect HTPC HDMI output-->AVR HDMI input and AVR HDMI output-->HDTV HDMI input via 2 HDMI cables
2. Configures playback device in Windows control panel and XBMC audio output identical to my screen shots below (you should see RX-V671-1 in place of HT-RC270-3)

If the above doesn't work with Nvidia driver, you might give Realtek HD audio codec another try- High Definition Audio Codecs

OK, I figured out that UltraMon was set to disable secondary display, and that was also disabling the audio. Now the audio is working, and I have XBMC video output set to Fullscreen #2. However, when TMT5 starts after I pick a Blu-ray movie, it starts on my PC monitor (screen #1). Then I have to drag the window over to the TV screen, and maximize it. This defeats the purpose of having the movie start automatically from within XBMC, since I have to do all the manual setup of TMT5 anyway.

Is there a way to set up UltraMon ahead of time, and have everything set up in TMT5 so the movie starts in fullscreen on the TV, instead of having to drag the window, etc?

Also, I do not have all the "Audio Output" options in XBMC that you are showing in your screenshot. I don't see "receiver supports", "receiver gets other DTS formats", or "Dolby TrueHD capable receiver". I am using XBMC 11.0.