Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 06:26)lwdent69 Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 00:51)lwdent69 Wrote: I have noticed when loading a local actors thumb, while a tbn file is created in the actors folder, the nfo still points to a vacant url. XBMC seems to be using the nfo to populate actors thumbs rather than the local files, meaning the missing actors thumbs in the nfo still don't appear.

Is this how it is suppose to be working? And if so what is the point of creating local actors thumbs?

Any thoughts on the above? Shouild the nfo point to the local aciors thumbs?

No it shouldn't point to the local file. Starting with Frodo actor images are stored as "name.jpg" and not as "name.tbn", this will be fixed in the next MediaElch version.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - hewwra - 2013-02-24

Would it be possible to include the name of the episode in the renaming process?
For example lets say I have a folder named "House/Season 8" and in here I have a file named "s08e01.mkv" this would then be renamed into "House - s08e01 - Twenty Vicodin.mkv"
So what I'm basically asking for is for you to include a variable that contains the name of the TV episode.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 01:19)hewwra Wrote: Would it be possible to include the name of the episode in the renaming process?
For example lets say I have a folder named "House/Season 8" and in here I have a file named "s08e01.mkv" this would then be renamed into "House - s08e01 - Twenty Vicodin.mkv"
So what I'm basically asking for is for you to include a variable that contains the name of the TV episode.

It's already there, use
Code:
<showTitle> - S<season>E<episode> - <title>.<extension>

(2013-02-24, 13:45)Komet Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 01:19)hewwra Wrote: Would it be possible to include the name of the episode in the renaming process?

It's already there, use
Code:
<showTitle> - S<season>E<episode> - <title>.<extension>

I tried that but what I got was this:

Rename File "S01E01.avi" to "House - S01E01 - S01E01.avi"
Finished

(2013-02-24, 15:43)hewwra Wrote: I tried that but what I got was this:

Finished

What's the title of your episode as seen in MediaElch (TV Shows -> Select House -> Season 01 -> Episode 01)? Have you saved the episode before renaming?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - tparvais - 2013-02-24

Hello

I wonder how can I force XBMC to use the .nfo, thumbnail and fanart generated by MedialElch instead of the XBMC scrapper ?

I've each video movies in double...

On XBMC, I've create a new video repository and tagged it as "movie".

I use the xmbc sync on MediaElch.

I'm lost...

Thank you for your help !

(2013-02-24, 20:16)tparvais Wrote: Hello

I wonder how can I force XBMC to use the .nfo, thumbnail and fanart generated by MedialElch instead of the XBMC scrapper ?

I'm lost...

What do you mean with "I've created a new video repository"? Does this mean you have two sources pointing to the same directory in XBMC?
The XBMC sync in MediaElch does nothing more than trying to delete already existing movies in XBMC and afterwards calling XBMC to scan your library so that deleted movies will be picked up again.

(2013-02-24, 20:19)Komet Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 20:16)tparvais Wrote: Hello

I'm lost...

What do you mean with "I've created a new video repository"? Does this mean you have two sources pointing to the same directory in XBMC?
The XBMC sync in MediaElch does nothing more than trying to delete already existing movies in XBMC and afterwards calling XBMC to scan your library so that deleted movies will be picked up again.

No only one source. Let's imagine I started from scratch on xbmc. I added a file repository, and I set to "movie". Should I select a scrapper on xbmc ? I do not want xbmc to scrap the movie for metadata, only use MediaElch metadata that have been pushed on each movie folder

Thomas

You need to set the content to "Movies" and select a scraper. XBMC will scan your source and if local infos are found (nfo file, artwork) it will use them.
So when starting from scratch you should do:

* Scrape your movies with MediaElch, save
* Start XBMC, add a source, set content to movies, select e.g. "The Movie DB" as scraper
* XBMC starts scanning your source and will pickup your saved nfo's and artworks

From now on, for every new movie that you add to your collection:

* Scrape it with MediaElch
* Either: Use MediaElchs XBMC Sync feature, or in XBMC select "Update library"

@Komet

that's very clear ! thank you

(2013-02-24, 15:45)Komet Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 15:43)hewwra Wrote: I tried that but what I got was this:

Finished

What's the title of your episode as seen in MediaElch (TV Shows -> Select House -> Season 01 -> Episode 01)? Have you saved the episode before renaming?

Ah I had not saved it.
Thx for helping me out, awesome program.

Re: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - soonerlater - 2013-02-25

On my Win 7 Pro (64 bit) computer, I start the executable, and Task Manager shows it running as a Process (but not as an application), but I never see the GUI.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: To clarify, I downloaded [i]MediaElch-1.4.zip, which contains:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\dir.txt
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\imageformats
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\libeay32.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\libmysql.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\libstdc++-6.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\MediaElch.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\mingwm10.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\phonon4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\phonon_backend
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\QtCore4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\QtGui4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\QtNetwork4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\QtScript4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\QtSql4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\QtXml4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\sqldrivers
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\ssleay32.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\imageformats\qgif4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\imageformats\qico4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\imageformats\qjpeg4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\imageformats\qmng4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\imageformats\qsvg4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\imageformats\qtiff4.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\phonon_backend\phonon_ds94.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\sqldrivers\qsqlite4.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\sqldrivers\qsqlmysql4.dll

All I did was extract the contents of the ZIP file to c:\program files (x86)\ and then "run" mediaelch.exe. Am I stupidly overlooking something?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - deh2k7 - 2013-02-25

I noticed that ME does not use the <certification> field. I loaded some NFO's from Ember and ME takes the <mpaa> field as the certification and disrgards the <certification> tag which contains the actual rating, e.g. <certification>USA:R</certification>. MPAA also contains the rating, but also the reasons for the rating e.g. <mpaa>Rated R for Strong Violence and Sexual Situaitions</mpaa>

I also noticed that when updating a movie, ME strips the certification field when saving the movie. <certification> is a valid field and recognized by XBMC. Is there any reason why ME does not use it?

Regarding rewriting of NFO's, ME rewrites NFO's on a save even if the only thing that was changed was the artwork. Is there an option for only saving the artwork changes?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-25

(2013-02-25, 04:00)deh2k7 Wrote: I noticed that ME does not use the <certification> field. I loaded some NFO's from Ember and ME takes the <mpaa> field as the certification and disrgards the <certification> tag which contains the actual rating, e.g. <certification>USA:R</certification>. MPAA also contains the rating, but also the reasons for the rating e.g. <mpaa>Rated R for Strong Violence and Sexual Situaitions</mpaa>

I also noticed that when updating a movie, ME strips the certification field when saving the movie. <certification> is a valid field and recognized by XBMC. Is there any reason why ME does not use it?

Regarding rewriting of NFO's, ME rewrites NFO's on a save even if the only thing that was changed was the artwork. Is there an option for only saving the artwork changes?

I need to check the difference between <certification> and <mpaa>. <certification> is not mentioned in the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies) and even when exporting the library with XBMC only the <mpaa> field is written. Maybe <certification> is a field from an older version.

The nfos are rewritten on each save. Currently there's no way to skip rewriting them even when only changing the artwork.

ME - Installed on two Win7 (64bit) Systems. Runs on one, but not other. - soonerlater - 2013-02-25

I have downloaded MediaElch-1.4.zip (for Windows) on two different Windows 7 Pro (64bit) computers. On both, I unzipped the entire ZIP and then "ran" the mediaelch.exe file from that location. On \\Laptop, mediaelch.exe shows up in the Task Manager as a running process, but not a running program. However, on \\Workstation, mediaelch.exe runs as expected.

Does anyone know of any conflicts that would allow mediaelch to run, but not create a GUI window?