Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - robl45 - 2016-06-24

I installed this a little bit ago and didn't really need it so I uninstalled it. Ever since my computer keeps opening the file explorer at startup which I know was an option in this program. has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and m - InstantSunrise - 2016-06-27

Is there a way to pass command line arguments to programs that are started alongside Kodi? (i.e. Steam) I searched the forum but the last post I had found on the subject was from 2 years ago when it was said that it wasn't possible at the time, but that feature may be added in the next version.

What I'd like to so is start Steam with the "-silent" switch alongside Kodi. Right now Steam opens up after Kodi and places its window on top of the Kodi window, since it can't start with the -silent switch.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - biobier - 2016-07-14

Try to start a batch that will start steam with - silent. Could work.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus - zerocool_ie - 2016-08-13

hey guys,

I have set iexplore as an external player so as to keep focus.

However, when using Sky Go in fullscreen, Microsoft Silverlight is the active window and it keeps switching focus back to Internet Explorer.

any ideas?

tia Smile

EDIT: A workaround is to use Firefox instead and add plugin-container.exe to the list of external players.

EDIT2: Playback performance is much better in Internet Exploder Sad so still looking for a fix to this one

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - robl45 - 2016-08-25

I tried this again as kodi keeps losing focus on my new machine. But no matter what I select with this running, my external player plays for a few seconds and Kodi steals the focus back until I disable Launcher for Kodi. I checked permanently disable focus, I tried every combination of focus on kodi and external player and the result was always the same. Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: is there a way to set this to fix the issues with KODI focus after Jarvis 16.0? After Jarvis 16.0 Kodi loses focus and minimizes when returning from external player. I tried the focus options currently and either I'm not doing it right or they won't do what I'm trying to do.

Will this work with the Windows Store Version? - denzo - 2016-09-26

I see that there is a new (XBMC Foundation) version of Kodi you can install from the Windows store that has the ability to upgrade to new major versions without (re)installing. Therefore there isn't an ,exe file.....is there a way to use Launcher4Kodi with it? Anyone tried it/know?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Ch3fk0ch - 2016-09-27

Hi,
I use a Xonar U7 but when i start Kodi without Explorer i cant control the volume manual on the U7.
Is there any way to start the Xonar driver without the explorer?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - sammarbella - 2016-10-01

(2016-09-26, 01:01)denzo Wrote: I see that there is a new (XBMC Foundation) version of Kodi you can install from the Windows store that has the ability to upgrade to new major versions without (re)installing. Therefore there isn't an ,exe file.....is there a way to use Launcher4Kodi with it? Anyone tried it/know?

Who said you can't in-place upgrade the Kodi .exe version aswell?I only needed to perform a clean upgrade after a couple of major versions and in any case a clean install after some months is a good idea if you have big libraries/many addons.

I don't see any kind of advantage from the UWP version over the Kodi .exe specially for ppl who use Launcher4Kodi (and Kodi .exe) in a dedicated HTPC like me.

IMHO Kodi as shell is the best solution for HTPCs.

OFC this could be different for non-dedicated PCs that don't use Launcher4Kodi and Kodi as a shell in the first place.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Restek99 - 2016-10-01

Hi,

I've just installed Launcher4Kodi (windows 10, Kodi17 beta 1). I've set kodi to start at windows startup. If I use Launcher4kodi as the shell, then it works fine. However there are various other programs (e.g. utorrent) that then don't get launched at startup, so I've left explorer as the shell. However then kodi doesn't start at startup.

Any ideas how I troubleshoot why launche4kodi isn't starting kodi when not set as shell?

Thanks!

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - weedenbc - 2016-10-08

I have Launcher4Kodi installed under Win10, and have a problem. I'd set it up to launch Kodi as the shell, AND to prevent it from losing focus, AND to launch Explorer.exe when Kodi exits.

However, that last option isn't working. If I exit Kodi, Explorer doesn't launch. I'm left with a blank window, and the only option is to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and log out. But as soon as I log back in, Kodi starts up. So I seem to be locked into a Catch-22 where I can't access Explorer in order to change the settings of Launcher4Kodi to give me my shell back.

Any suggestions? If I uninstall it, will it reinstall the shell? Or will I be screwed?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - MasterPhW - 2016-10-09

(2016-10-01, 12:28)Restek99 Wrote: Hi,

I've just installed Launcher4Kodi (windows 10, Kodi17 beta 1). I've set kodi to start at windows startup. If I use Launcher4kodi as the shell, then it works fine. However there are various other programs (e.g. utorrent) that then don't get launched at startup, so I've left explorer as the shell. However then kodi doesn't start at startup.

Any ideas how I troubleshoot why launche4kodi isn't starting kodi when not set as shell?

Thanks!
Just add utorrent to the programs that should launcher with launcher4kodi and it should work.
(2016-10-08, 19:05)weedenbc Wrote: I have Launcher4Kodi installed under Win10, and have a problem. I'd set it up to launch Kodi as the shell, AND to prevent it from losing focus, AND to launch Explorer.exe when Kodi exits.

However, that last option isn't working. If I exit Kodi, Explorer doesn't launch. I'm left with a blank window, and the only option is to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and log out. But as soon as I log back in, Kodi starts up. So I seem to be locked into a Catch-22 where I can't access Explorer in order to change the settings of Launcher4Kodi to give me my shell back.

Any suggestions? If I uninstall it, will it reinstall the shell? Or will I be screwed?
Just launch explorer via "new task -> explorer" in the task manager and you are fine.

Launcher4Kodi seems to get more and more problems, since its been abandoned.
But since the source is available, I (or someone else) probably could fix em. I will look into it and fork it sometimes in the future.

But just let us sum up, what's not working or has problems:

- no UWP app support
- problems with the close/restart after sleep function
- sometimes problems with autostart kodi and/or explorer only in win10
- ...?

(2 imho points:
- clumsy UI
- the prevent focus/start with kodi list is to small)

Anything to add?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - robl45 - 2016-10-09

Keep Kodi in focus except when XXXX external player is in focus. Currently it doesn't quite seem to do it right. There are options to keep things in focus, but it doesn't work super well with external players at least when I try it.

(2016-10-09, 13:18)MasterPhW Wrote:
(2016-10-01, 12:28)Restek99 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks!
Just add utorrent to the programs that should launcher with launcher4kodi and it should work.
(2016-10-08, 19:05)weedenbc Wrote: I have Launcher4Kodi installed under Win10, and have a problem. I'd set it up to launch Kodi as the shell, AND to prevent it from losing focus, AND to launch Explorer.exe when Kodi exits.

Just launch explorer via "new task -> explorer" in the task manager and you are fine.

Launcher4Kodi seems to get more and more problems, since its been abandoned.
But since the source is available, I (or someone else) probably could fix em. I will look into it and fork it sometimes in the future.

But just let us sum up, what's not working or has problems:

- no UWP app support
- problems with the close/restart after sleep function
- sometimes problems with autostart kodi and/or explorer only in win10
- ...?

(2 imho points:
- clumsy UI
- the prevent focus/start with kodi list is to small)

Anything to add?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - twiseva - 2016-11-11

So, I have been using this for some time but under Win10 it slowly is getting worse in terms of focus etc. As such I am switching to the EvenGhost approach -- however, for some reason I can not figure out why the 'Shell' registry entry under winlogin can not be changed. Even Launch4Kodi can not update it any more. If I delete it, it returns. If I rename it, it goes back. If I change the value, it reverts to the Launch4Kodi exe. Help anyone? Seems like something somewhere keeps changing it back -- or it never really gets changed in regedit. I have removed and reinstalled Lauch4Kodi to no avail.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - twiseva - 2016-11-11

(2016-11-11, 02:26)twiseva Wrote: So, I have been using this for some time but under Win10 it slowly is getting worse in terms of focus etc. As such I am switching to the EvenGhost approach -- however, for some reason I can not figure out why the 'Shell' registry entry under winlogin can not be changed. Even Launch4Kodi can not update it any more. If I delete it, it returns. If I rename it, it goes back. If I change the value, it reverts to the Launch4Kodi exe. Help anyone? Seems like something somewhere keeps changing it back -- or it never really gets changed in regedit. I have removed and reinstalled Lauch4Kodi to no avail.

Nevermind -- it was my WebRoot scanner stopping updates to the registry! Found out by using Safe Mode and then realizing it might be this, turning it off and testing. Oops!

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - fregrinz - 2016-11-11

Anyone managed to get uwp kodi to work successfully as shell. i tried the launcher app but am running into some werid issues where boots default kodi as if its new install not one i configured before attempting to use the launcher. i tried to put a copy of my shortcut in shellConfusedtartup and hit more focus issues.

detailed instructions would be appreciated.