Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-28, 08:48)a5ian300zx Wrote: Hi,

Already have. I am using full screen mode.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Does xbmc minimize when you start it directly by double clicking the desktop icon?

(2012-10-29, 10:31)LordMerlin Wrote: How about work Launcher on Windows 8Huh

I don't have Windows 8, but somebody has posted in previous pages that the program works with Win8.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - freakn - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-26, 18:37)baijuxavior Wrote: As a trouble shoot try this and post what you see:

1. Start xbmc directly and play a video
2. Start xbmc from xbmclauncher and play video
3. close xbmclauncher and play video

Finally got what I did wrong :-)
What does your amd ccc build do?Does it change amd drivers somehow?
I do have an amd radeon so I thought I should download that specific build. I never noticed there were 2 more builds to download :-) So I tried the build without .amd.ccc and now everything works just fine :-)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - a5ian300zx - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-29, 10:57)baijuxavior Wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Does xbmc minimize when you start it directly by double clicking the desktop icon?

Hi,

when i launch the app itself it runs fine, its just when it auto lunches as a shell, it even worked fine using autohotkeys but with delayed start ups.

Thanks

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - vianneyjs - 2012-10-29

I switched to Windows 8 two weeks ago, and XBMC Launcher has been working flawlessly so far.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - solidsatras - 2012-10-30

(2012-10-29, 10:57)baijuxavior Wrote: I don't have Windows 8, but somebody has posted in previous pages that the program works with Win8.

Yes, it is working perfectly with Win8. Love

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - LordMerlin - 2012-10-30

Many thanks!!!

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-10-30

(2012-10-29, 14:54)freakn Wrote: Finally got what I did wrong :-)
What does your amd ccc build do?Does it change amd drivers somehow?
I do have an amd radeon so I thought I should download that specific build. I never noticed there were 2 more builds to download :-) So I tried the build without .amd.ccc and now everything works just fine :-)

XBMCLauncher AMD CCC version is needed only if you are using it as shell. The application does not change any drivers. It will just start amd ccc.

(2012-10-29, 16:26)a5ian300zx Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 10:57)baijuxavior Wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

when i launch the app itself it runs fine, its just when it auto lunches as a shell, it even worked fine using autohotkeys but with delayed start ups.

Thanks

I'm not sure what is causing the application to minimize when run in shell mode. May be some other application is running in the background like drived cd tools.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Muyfa666 - 2012-10-31

Hi. On Windows 8 with Stardocks Start8 program (for classic Windows 7 Start Menu), if I have the XBMCLauncher v2.2 running, it always starts XBMC when Windows boots. How can I disable this?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-11-01

XBMCLauncher is designed to start xbmc when system boots. You can avoid this by removing the shortcut which is in the startup folder. If you want to start xbmclauncher at system boot and does not want to start xbmc, then you need to edit the script file.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Muyfa666 - 2012-11-01

Ok. And how would I edit it to fix this?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-11-01

Edit the xbmclauncher.ahk file in source code to remove the first occurrence of the code 'LaunchApplication(XBMCPath)'. Compile the code and replace the existing .exe file.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Muyfa666 - 2012-11-01

It does work, but instead the path of XBMC.exe is not stored so every time I start the computer XBMCLauncher asks me to set the path manually. Any ideas why?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Hapseleg - 2012-11-01

Hey thanks for the nice little program Smile <3

So i figured out how to fix the shutdown and reboot on the Alaska Revisited skin Smile

Here's what i did:

So i installed the custom shutdown option and looked at the file "DialogButtonMenu.xml" in my "skin.confluence" folder and found:

Code:
<control type="button" id="2">
                <description>Shutdown button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                <align>center</align>
                <textwidth>290</textwidth>
                <texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\ShutdownAction.py)</onclick>
                <onclick>XBMC.Quit()</onclick>
                <visible>System.CanPowerDown</visible>
                <pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>Shutdown</label>
            </control>

<control type="button" id="3">
                <description>Reboot button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <onclick>XBMC.Reset()</onclick>
                <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>13013</label>
            </control>

<control type="button" id="4">
                <description>Exit button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\CloseXBMC.py)</onclick>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>13012</label>
                <visible>System.ShowExitButton</visible>
            </control>

So by mixing the <onclick> parts with my alaska files i got it working Smile

I found the following files in "C:\Users\MY USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska.revisited\720p"

First i changed the text in the xml file "DialogButtonMenu.xml"

From
Code:
                <control type="button" id="3114">
                    <include>SettingsLabel</include>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[13005]</label>
                    <onclick>ShutDown()</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="3121">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[13013]</label>
                    <onclick>Reset()</onclick>
                </control>

To
Code:
                <control type="button" id="3114">
                    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\ShutdownAction.py)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="3121">
                </control>

Then the file "Includes_HomeDefault.xml"

From
Code:
                <item id="1">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[13012]</label>
                    <onclick>Quit()</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideQuit)</visible>
                </item>
                <item id="2">
                    <onclick>Shutdown()</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideShutdown)</visible>
                </item>
                <item id="3">
                    <onclick>Reset()</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideReboot)</visible>
                </item>

To
Code:
                <item id="1">
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[13012]</label>
                    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\CloseXBMC.py)</onclick>
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideQuit)</visible>
                </item>
                <item id="2">
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideShutdown)</visible>
                </item>
                <item id="3">
                    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideReboot)</visible>
                </item>

Remember to change the "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\" part if you got xbmc somewhere else Smile

Hope this helps someone out Wink

-Hapseleg

Nevermind my problem. I used the compiled .exe by itself instead of replacing it in the installed dir, hence no config settings. Working great now.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-11-02

@Hapseleg: Thanks for the code. Will try it.

@Muyfa666: Problem solved. Enjoy.