Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gibxxi - 2013-02-20

Option 2 would be skin dependent. Aeon Nox has this facility, as I believe does MQ4.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-20, 17:40)jaochoo Wrote: Two questions:

1) Is it possible to install XBMCLauncher only for a specific user account or at least have user account specific configuration? Specifically, when I login as Admin on my computer, I don't want XBMC to start as shell but just the normal Windows Explorer. For a separate user account called "XBMC" on the other hand, I want it to launch XBMC as shell, and I will configure Windows to log into that user account automatically upon startup.

2) Where can I find the feature to make XBMC display a shutdown menu that has options like "Shutdown XBMC", "Shutdown Machine", etc.?

1. The configurations are user specific and are installed for the current user only. I think the shell is also user specific because the shell is replaced for the current user only under the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. For all users you should replace it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.

2. Not all skins support editing the shutdown menu. Confluence and Aeon Nox supports it. The files to edit are C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml and C:\Users\baijuxavior\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i\DialogButtonMenu.xml.

For confluence you can install the custom dialogbuttonmenu I have included in the installer.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - h8redv2 - 2013-02-22

What I want to accomplish, hopefully by this launcher:
XBMC as SHELL (this will keep XBMC on top at all times right ?)
Windows Power management to work, with XBMC as Shell. I rely on Windows sleep.
Run the following progams at start:
CouchPotato
SickBeard
Sabnzb
Argus TV Recorder
A Custom AHK Script

Can it be done ?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-22

All of it can be done using the application.
For running the custom ahk script, you may sometimes need to compile it to exe.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - h8redv2 - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-22, 14:21)baijuxavior Wrote: All of it can be done using the application.
For running the custom ahk script, you may sometimes need to compile it to exe.

Sounds good, including Windows power management, in regards to the sleep and ilde timer?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-23

I haven't tried windows power management in shell mode. So please try it. It may work.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - dmccoy - 2013-02-24

This is probably a silly question, but I disabled the option to go to explorer.exe on XBMC exit and now I cant do anything or even access the xbmclauncher settings to change it back. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer to reset this setting.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - NEOhidra - 2013-02-24

Actually you can do something. Ctrl+Alt+Del will bring up the task manager. From its File menu you can start new programs -like explorer.exe

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 05:39)dmccoy Wrote: This is probably a silly question, but I disabled the option to go to explorer.exe on XBMC exit and now I cant do anything or even access the xbmclauncher settings to change it back. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer to reset this setting.

Press Win+F10 to show the menu. Win+Alt+Enter to start XBMC.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - dmccoy - 2013-02-24

Great, thanks that worked perfect. Another question you guys might be able to help with. I have mobile airmouse program and an autohotkey script run with xbmc shell. the problem is when I exit xbmc it tries to run these again and gives an error they are already started. Is there anyway to make sure they don't try to run again when I exit xbmc?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-24

Are you using one of the 'Set Application' options in xbmclauncher to start them? If so it should start only once when xbmc launcher starts.

Yes the first group and they only start once with xbmc launcher but then try to start again once I exit xbmc

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-25

XBMCLauncher will not start the applications again once they are started. Have you enabled them to run using task scheduler?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ShinobiX9X - 2013-02-27

Hello,

I have no experience with launchers, but this one seems very good. Still it would be nice to be helped.

I have win8, xbmc frodo, imon lcd + remote (i don't know XBMConIMON, but my lcd display works) ati hd 6850. hdmi to HD sony amp, to TV. (also a usb cec in between)

What exactly do i have to do? if i want xbmc shell do i need a previous version? or can i still use newest version with right settings?

To boot into xbmc directly and have the remote and lcd and ati work, what is the best for me to do (still havinf the option to go back to windows)?

Thanki you very much,

Dimi

edit: the media is on a windows server, also the database mysql.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-02-27

During installation of XBMCLauncher, select the option to set XBMC as shell. To view the menu right click the launcher icon near the notification area or press Win+F10. Since your database is on a server, add sufficient startup delay for the network adapters to initialize properly. XBMC and iMON path are automatically selected. XBMConImon is useful to show xbmc information on the LCD display. But it requires explorer to work.Also add ATI CCC as a startup application.