Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-30, 08:08)Lasborg Wrote: I am running XBMC 12.1 and XBMC Launcher 3.5 all running on from an ssd. I am running windows 8 x64.
I am using XBMC Launcher as a shell and am happy with it, it boots fast, but i have some issue.

I can't get the xbmc shutdown on sleep / restart on wake to work. And as a result xbmc often freezes on wake up.

Another thing, when i use the start windows explorer on close, it launches the metro interface. Is it not possible to launch the desktop interface directly?

You should enable the options 'Force close xbmc on sleep' and 'Start xbmc when resuming from sleep'.

'Start Explorer' works when you use xbmclauncher as shell, so that you can view the desktop instead of a blank screen after exiting xbmc. 'Start Metro UI' is mainly intended to use with Explorer shell. When you close xbmc, you are taken back to the start screen. Metro UI cannot be avoided in Windows 8. When you start Explorer in Win8, it starts metro ui also. The script may be edited to show desktop but even then you will see the metro screen for a few seconds.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-01

(2013-04-30, 09:29)Mati24 Wrote: Hello, I have a black screen during 40 sec between login and SBMC starting. My startup delay is on 1. Have you an idea ? Thanks

Which OS? What is the normal boot time?

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Mati24 - 2013-05-01

When i see the screen Welcome on Windows 8 64bits, I have the XBMC logo after 1 sec, here I wait 10-20 sec

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-01

I guess XBMC is taking time to load. Not sure what causes this. See the xbmc logs to get an idea about the delay.

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Mati24 - 2013-05-01

Xbmc log is normal, if the Welcome appears at 15:00:00, the Xbmc log startd at 15:02:00, I am on the main at 15:02:15

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-02

Please check the normal boot time setting explorer as shell.

(2013-05-01, 15:19)Mati24 Wrote: Xbmc log is normal, if the Welcome appears at 15:00:00, the Xbmc log startd at 15:02:00, I am on the main at 15:02:15

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Lasborg - 2013-05-02

(2013-04-30, 14:22)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 08:08)Lasborg Wrote: I am running XBMC 12.1 and XBMC Launcher 3.5 all running on from an ssd. I am running windows 8 x64.
I am using XBMC Launcher as a shell and am happy with it, it boots fast, but i have some issue.

I can't get the xbmc shutdown on sleep / restart on wake to work. And as a result xbmc often freezes on wake up.

Another thing, when i use the start windows explorer on close, it launches the metro interface. Is it not possible to launch the desktop interface directly?

You should enable the options 'Force close xbmc on sleep' and 'Start xbmc when resuming from sleep'.

'Start Explorer' works when you use xbmclauncher as shell, so that you can view the desktop instead of a blank screen after exiting xbmc. 'Start Metro UI' is mainly intended to use with Explorer shell. When you close xbmc, you are taken back to the start screen. Metro UI cannot be avoided in Windows 8. When you start Explorer in Win8, it starts metro ui also. The script may be edited to show desktop but even then you will see the metro screen for a few seconds.

I have enabled both "Force close xbmc on sleep" and "Start xbmc when resuming from sleep". But it does not have any impact.

thanks for the info on "Start Explorer" It would be nice to have an option to choose Desktop on windows 8, even if it means that it will go to metro foe a short time.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-02

New Version 4.0 with settings GUI released. Please download and test. Report if any bugs found.

(2013-05-02, 07:50)Lasborg Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 14:22)baijuxavior Wrote:

I have enabled both "Force close xbmc on sleep" and "Start xbmc when resuming from sleep". But it does not have any impact.

thanks for the info on "Start Explorer" It would be nice to have an option to choose Desktop on windows 8, even if it means that it will go to metro foe a short time.

Please try the latest version. If you want I will give the modifications to make in the script to start desktop.

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Mati24 - 2013-05-04

I always have the problem with the 4.0

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Deepblack - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-01, 06:17)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 09:29)Mati24 Wrote: Hello, I have a black screen during 40 sec between login and SBMC starting. My startup delay is on 1. Have you an idea ? Thanks

i have the same problem here! just formatted my htpc, than i installed the new version 4.0! and got the same problem, there is a long delay after windows 8 login, and xbmc starts! that never happened before with 3.1! tried to uninstall the latest version and install 3.1 but the problem persists

any ideas? my boot time with explorer shell is absolutely normal, 7s with ssd! but when i choose the launcher shell the boot slows down, almost 30 seconds delay ! any tips? Tongue

thanks

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Mati24 - 2013-05-07

I try the "Event observer" (Observateur d'évènement in french), but nothing.

After the first start, if I close the session and log again, XBMC start directly

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-07, 06:58)Deepblack Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 06:17)baijuxavior Wrote:

i have the same problem here! just formatted my htpc, than i installed the new version 4.0! and got the same problem, there is a long delay after windows 8 login, and xbmc starts! that never happened before with 3.1! tried to uninstall the latest version and install 3.1 but the problem persists

any ideas? my boot time with explorer shell is absolutely normal, 7s with ssd! but when i choose the launcher shell the boot slows down, almost 30 seconds delay ! any tips? Tongue

thanks

Between version 4.0 and older versions, there is not much change except the addition of a GUI and settings saved to registry instead of ini file. The GUI is not loaded so it won't affect boot time. If you have the same problem with older versions then something is delaying xbmclauncher in your new installation. My PC boots in 10 seconds from hdd using hybrid shutdown.

(2013-05-07, 09:05)Mati24 Wrote: I try the "Event observer" (Observateur d'évènement in french), but nothing.

After the first start, if I close the session and log again, XBMC start directly

I am not sure what causes the delay. Can you check the normal boot (explorer as shell) time from a full shutdown and a hybrid shutdown?

(2013-05-07, 08:42)Gr6Burns Wrote: I'll give it a try when I got some spare time.ImageImageImageImage

I can't see the images. Avast is blocking the site saying it is malicious.

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Mati24 - 2013-05-07

If I choose explorer on boot, it´s fast in all cases.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-07

^^ In version 4.0 there is an option to set another application as shell which will bypass xbmclauncher. Set shell to XBMC instead of XBMCLauncher and see if the boot time is reduced. You can also manually change it by editing the shell value in registry. Open regedit and navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon' to edit Shell.

Iit´s long too, it´s not link to XBMC Launcher sorry.
I think it´s W8, because I have the problem just after a new install, nobodyhave an idea ? Thanks