Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-12-29

You can edit the source code to add more apps.

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - PauleDerFaule - 2013-12-29

Where I find this Source-Code? Is it in the install Folder? Could You make a Screenshot Where i have to change the Code?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-12-29

Download link is provided in the first page. You need to edit the function DisableFocusOnExternalPlayer() starting at line 933 in xbmclauncher.ahk. Add your process just below the line number 937. The code will look like:

Code:
DisableFocusOnExternalPlayer()
{
    global appsname
    ExternalPlayerRunning = 0

Process, exist, yourprocess1.exe
        If (ErrorLevel > 0)
        ExternalPlayerRunning = 1

Process, exist, yourprocess2.exe
        If (ErrorLevel > 0)
        ExternalPlayerRunning = 1

You can get the process name of the application from the taskmanager.

Then compile the script and replace the existing xbmclauncher.exe.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - m-o-r-g - 2013-12-29

HI baijuxavior,

firstly thanks for this great app, it makes using xbmc that little more user friendly.

I'd like to highlight a couple of issues that have come across, when you install the app initially you get the option to install custom win remote settings to control xbmc, however there isn't an option to re-apply these settings within the app once its installed (which would come in handy if you ever tweak the settings or mess things up) . . . which leads me onto another issue, when I do apply the custom remote settings I seem to lose the ability to turn off the pc via my remote (discrete on works but discrete off no longer does) . . any idea which setting i need to tweak to fix this?

Thanks in advance

edit: scratch that . . I just noticed your other app "advanced mce remote mapper" I just tried it and mapped the Harmony off / on settings . . . and its working fine! . . many thanks . . for two great apps!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2013-12-31

(2012-07-25, 12:17)baijuxavior Wrote: Thanks Nimo. I will post the installation steps with images.

Installation steps

XBMC Launcher - Main application.

XBMC Advanced settings file - Installs an advanced settings file for xbmc. I use it to skip the movies by 10 seconds instead of the default 30 seconds when you press left or right arrow keys. Also it will treat multiple artists in songs using the separator /. This is the default separator used in media monkey.

XBMC Keymap file - Creates a custom keymap file for xbmc to be used with MCE remote controls.

Change XBMC Shutdown Menu - Changes shutdown menu as shown in the image in first post. I need only these three menus. The shutdoen button can be configured to Sleep or Hibernate also.

Set XBMCLauncher as Windows Shell - Changes the windows shell to xbmc launcher instead of Explorer.exe. This way your system will boot directly into XBMC without loading windows desktop thus speeding up the boot processing considerably. On exiting xbmc, you can start explorer.

Select this option if you want MCE remotes to work with the included keymap file. Restart your PC for the change to effect.

Click finish to run XBMCLauncher. If everything is fine, it should start xbmc.

The application expects that you have installed xbmc in the default 32 bit Windows Program Files Directory which is usually C:\Program Files\XBMC for 32 bit and C:\Program Files (86)\XBMC for 64 bit. If XBMC is not found in the default location which the app will prompt you to select the xbmc.exe file. Once selected, it will start XBMC.

Menu accessible from Windows System Tray.

Change Focus Delay. Default is 10 seconds which means every 10 seconds XBMCLauncher will send a signal to focus or bring xbmc on top of all other windows.

XBMC Shutdown action. This menu is visible only of you select the custom shutdown file. Choose the action you want when you press the 'Shutdown' button in XBMC. I am using Hibernate and my htpc resumes to XBMC home window within 10 seconds from power down state.

You can change Windows Shell from the application without reinstalling xbmclauncher. If XBMCLauncher is set as the shell, then windows desktop is not loaded until you exit xbmc.

I have installed XBMC launcher on my windows 7 64bit machine and I have the following issue. I am using flirc for the remote control but it does not work when xbmc launcher disables the windows explorer in order to launch xbmc.
I have enabled/disabled focus but this does not make any difference. And if it works after a while xbmc it starts it looses again connectivity when I bring xbmc back from suspend.

Do you have any suggestions for that??

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Thunderer - 2013-12-31

Thanks for the awesome program. It makes my life a ton easier having XBMC on Windows behave like a wife-friendly appliance right from the start Wink

I still have an issue where Airplay is not working straight away after booting the machine. I have XBMC set to launch with Windows and shell changed to XBMCLauncher.
Airplay works fine after shutting down XBMC and restarting the program after a short trip to the desktop. I am guessing the Bonjour service is not loaded.

So.... Any idea if I can point XBMCLauncher to an external .exe file to enable Bonjour or should I just use Explorer as the shell instead? I have no problem with a delayed boot duration since the comp is on 24/7 normally.

Oh! I'm running Win 8.1 if that makes any difference.

TIA.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-12-31

(2013-12-31, 10:42)03397 Wrote: I have installed XBMC launcher on my windows 7 64bit machine and I have the following issue. I am using flirc for the remote control but it does not work when xbmc launcher disables the windows explorer in order to launch xbmc.
I have enabled/disabled focus but this does not make any difference. And if it works after a while xbmc it starts it looses again connectivity when I bring xbmc back from suspend.

I will test with my flirc. Currently I'm not using flirc as it has problems when I enable 3d in my active 3d tv.

Did you try the latest firmware update from flirc?

(2013-12-31, 14:13)Thunderer Wrote: Thanks for the awesome program. It makes my life a ton easier having XBMC on Windows behave like a wife-friendly appliance right from the start Wink

I still have an issue where Airplay is not working straight away after booting the machine. I have XBMC set to launch with Windows and shell changed to XBMCLauncher.
Airplay works fine after shutting down XBMC and restarting the program after a short trip to the desktop. I am guessing the Bonjour service is not loaded.

So.... Any idea if I can point XBMCLauncher to an external .exe file to enable Bonjour or should I just use Explorer as the shell instead? I have no problem with a delayed boot duration since the comp is on 24/7 normally.

Oh! I'm running Win 8.1 if that makes any difference.

TIA.

I think bonjour service is not getting loaded when using xbmclauncher as shell. Adding C:\Program Files\Bonjour\nDNSResponder.exe as an external application in the launcher may help.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Thunderer - 2013-12-31

Thanks for pointing me to the right place. Did not work right off the bat, but added 5 seconds of delay to XBMC startup and now it shows up as a video destination.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-01

(2013-12-31, 10:42)03397 Wrote: I have installed XBMC launcher on my windows 7 64bit machine and I have the following issue. I am using flirc for the remote control but it does not work when xbmc launcher disables the windows explorer in order to launch xbmc.

My flirc works when XBMCLauncher is set as shell. Tested on Win 7 32 bit. Flirc FW version 2.0

Can you mouse click xbmc and then try flirc? If it works then the problem is with xbmc not in focus to receive keypress from flirc.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-03

(2014-01-01, 17:30)baijuxavior Wrote:

My flirc works when XBMCLauncher is set as shell. Tested on Win 7 32 bit. Flirc FW version 2.0

Can you mouse click xbmc and then try flirc? If it works then the problem is with xbmc not in focus to receive keypress from flirc.

You mean to mouse click xbmc after xbmc is loaded and the remote is not working correct?
Ok if this is the case shouldn't remote to work when I enable focus in xbmclauncher?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-03

It is just to check if xbmc is out of focus and is not receiving signal. I suggest you to install the latest flirc FW update and the latest GUI. After this start the flirc GUI using taskmanager (explorer not loaded) and see if it can detect the signals from the remote.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - bogdandr - 2014-01-04

Hi,
i am using for the first time xbmclauncher v4

i have an issue on startup, please tell me if you have an idea what means:
- xbmc starts in a shell - after 1 sec is minimized and after 4-5 sec or more sometimes, it get back in full screen.

i have uninstalled imon and deactivate startup for all the apps excepting xbmclauncher and i have the same behavior.

many thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-04

I have FLIRC 2.0 like you have and it was like you said. It was not working unless I clicked the mouse.
What can I do about that?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-05

(2014-01-04, 01:48)bogdandr Wrote: Hi,

- xbmc starts in a shell - after 1 sec is minimized and after 4-5 sec or more sometimes, it get back in full screen.

i have uninstalled imon and deactivate startup for all the apps excepting xbmclauncher and i have the same behavior.

many thanks

Don't know what causes this problem. Try enabling or disabling the xbmc settings - use a full screen window rather than true full screen. Also look at the taskmanager to see what applications are running.

(2014-01-04, 23:32)03397 Wrote:

I have FLIRC 2.0 like you have and it was like you said. It was not working unless I clicked the mouse.

This means xbmc is not getting focus. Please check all the focus related settings in the launcher. What is the focus delay? Have you enabled the focus to use only once?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-05

(2014-01-05, 04:20)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 01:48)bogdandr Wrote: Hi,

many thanks

Don't know what causes this problem. Try enabling or disabling the xbmc settings - use a full screen window rather than true full screen. Also look at the taskmanager to see what applications are running.

(2014-01-04, 23:32)03397 Wrote:
(2014-01-01, 17:30)baijuxavior Wrote: My flirc works when XBMCLauncher is set as shell. Tested on Win 7 32 bit. Flirc FW version 2.0

This means xbmc is not getting focus. Please check all the focus related settings in the launcher. What is the focus delay? Have you enabled the focus to use only once?
I did not change the focus delay. I enabled only the focus to be used only once since I am using an external player and I want the remote to be enabled to sent the commands to the player and not to XBMC.