Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-19

Hi, I don't have Win 8.1 to test. I experienced a similar problem with Windows 8 and setting xbmc to run as admin. How are you starting XBMC? from the launcher or from xbmc shortcut? Are you running xbmc as admin?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - quorton321 - 2014-01-21

I have a small problem with audio. I connected my htpc to my receiver through HDMI.
I set the shell to xbmclauncher, so xbmc starts at startup, but then xbmc does not see my receiver, and in settings -> audio ouput -> audio output device I cannot select the correct HDMI device (which in my case should be KRF-7300D HDMI <something>), it doesn't appear in the list.

When I then exit and go to windows and start xbmc, the 7300d HMDI device is visible in the list and I can select it and get audio.

Anybody know why this is, and if there is a setting somewhere so the 7300D hdmi device is 'loaded' before the xbmc shell starts ?

For now I removed xbmclauncher from windows startup and move xbmc to startup, but this takes away from the mediaplayer feel and takes longer to start.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-22

You should always start the avr before powering the pc on. In xbmclauncher you can add a delay to give the hdmi audio device time to initialize.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 03397 - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-22, 07:54)baijuxavior Wrote: You should always start the avr before powering the pc on. In xbmclauncher you can add a delay to give the hdmi audio device time to initialize.

I am using Aeon Nox Skin and I when windows starts the explorer is disabled and XBMC starts.
When I shutdown xbmc explorer of windows is loaded.

My HTPC is most of the time in suspend mode.
I have noticed that sometimes when I shutdown XBMC the explorer of windows never loads. I have not narrowed down when this is happening.
The second think I have noticed is that when I shutdown XBMC and the explorer is loaded after a few second XBMC is loaded again automatically.

Any thoughts baijuxavior??

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Killer-JoeBR - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-19, 18:18)baijuxavior Wrote: Hi, I don't have Win 8.1 to test. I experienced a similar problem with Windows 8 and setting xbmc to run as admin. How are you starting XBMC? from the launcher or from xbmc shortcut? Are you running xbmc as admin?

I am starting xbmc from the launcher. But it doesn't work either way. I'm also running it as an admin (advanced wake up requires to see if the other computer woke up). Any ideas or solution? I should try to run without admin?

EDIT>>>>

I did some testing, and the xbmc closes when i put it to sleep when i set xbmclauncher to run as admin. But this way, the xbmclauncher doesn't start with windows. I have to manually open it after windows starts Sad

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-24

^^ The problem is with admin. When you run xbmc as admin, the launcher cannot close the process, this I experienced in my Win 8 OS.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Killer-JoeBR - 2014-01-27

And there is no way to use xbmclauncher as admin (to auto load it with windows)?

For now i'm manually opening xbmclauncher when windows starts by using a start menu icon i select with my remote. So it kinda works, but not very wife friendly.

Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - MasterPhW - 2014-01-27

Set XBMClauncher as shell and enable "always starts with administrator privileges" in its properties and it's more than wife friendly. Wink

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - joelones - 2014-01-30

Great program BTW!

Does this it launch xbmc with the highest priority? I notice that over time my hdmi audio seems to lag/stutter, maybe this is a culprit? Although I noticed that the hard drive LED was solid, windows was doing something in the background that affected the audio.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-01-31

Priority is normal. You can check it in the task manager.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - grandmastashi - 2014-02-06

Hi,

First just wanted to say thanks for the great application.

I've posted this issue in the Windows Support forum, but it struck me it could be something I'm doing wrong with XBMC Launcher.

Basically, my HTPC is set to boot directly into XBMC via the launcher. Up to about a month ago I had no problems and everything was working fine, but recently on occasion my remote is completely unrecognised and XBMC fails to respond to it. If I start controlling it with a mouse and click through onto somewhere on the menu, the remote will suddenly burst back into life and start working again.

In the other thread someone suggested this could be due to XBMC not being the program in 'focus', particularly when it starts working again once I mouse click. The strange thing is it doesn't happen every boot, sometimes it works out of the gate fine.

Could this be something to do with the way I have Launcher set up?

Any help for this annoying glitch anyone may be able to provide would be massively appreciated.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-02-06

Please check the launcher settings and ensure that you have enabled the focus feature. Also check the time delay between focus.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - grandmastashi - 2014-02-06

Will do; looking back through the past couple of pages I thought that might be the answer after I'd written the question.

Can I just ask, what should the time delay be set at?

Many thanks baijuxavior

Re: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-02-07

Default time delay is 10 seconds.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - shiro - 2014-02-09

Hi, I have win8 and use XBMC Lanucher for some time. I want to ask you, if you ever encountered a short (about 10s) black screen on windows boot-up process. It comes right after user autologon (xbmc launcher is changing shell?), or what is the culprit? In xbmclauncher config I have set 0s delay.