Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - qzem - 2014-04-08

Any news about new version. With the option to start hide screen? I have been trying to find a souliton for five hours and notihg Big Grin. The closest I get is to use XBMC launcher an set XBMC as shell, than use Schedule Task to run explorer.exe with delay, and I have option To go directly to desktop, and auto hide taskbar. But the problem is that it still takes focus of xbmc. I know that becasue when I go with a mous at the bottom the taskbar is shown.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-04-09

Sorry, I was busy these days. Also I accidentally formatted my Windows 8 partition from Windows 7. I need to reinstall the OS. I will update the code once I'm set. Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - qzem - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-09, 08:12)baijuxavior Wrote: Sorry, I was busy these days. Also I accidentally formatted my Windows 8 partition from Windows 7. I need to reinstall the OS. I will update the code once I'm set. Thanks.

I am sorry about your PC, but I am glad you will soon be back Smile!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - VaderTime - 2014-04-11

I was wondering if it is possible to initially launch XBMC, and then launch Windows Explorer in the background. I have tried adding Explorer.exe as an external application, though that only launches an explorer window, not the whole OS GUI.

I use a lot of external applications using advanced launcher such as Metro apps for Netflix and YouTube, and also game emulators. Windows shell needs to be running to launch these, though I wish I could launch XBMC and Windows upon login without seeing any of the Windows desktop appearing. Is this possible?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - richardb70 - 2014-04-14

Thanks for all your effort with this. I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 and your program is doing a fantastic job.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ThaDraGun - 2014-04-24

(2014-04-11, 22:21)VaderTime Wrote: I was wondering if it is possible to initially launch XBMC, and then launch Windows Explorer in the background. I have tried adding Explorer.exe as an external application, though that only launches an explorer window, not the whole OS GUI.

I use a lot of external applications using advanced launcher such as Metro apps for Netflix and YouTube, and also game emulators. Windows shell needs to be running to launch these, though I wish I could launch XBMC and Windows upon login without seeing any of the Windows desktop appearing. Is this possible?

+1
I also want to know if this can be done. I will need sickbeard, nzbdrone, sabnzbd and couchpotato to startup and be running all the time for them to be working how they are supposed to.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - qzem - 2014-04-25

@baijuxavior

I am sorry to bother you again, but did you perhaps find the time to work on future version?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - XBMCLuver - 2014-04-25

Hi mr baijuxavior,

We are very happy with your tool, thank you very much.

1 little question.
I read that the green button on the remote can be assigned to starting XBMC.
Is this assigned automatically or do I have to tick the keymap option during install?
I have an ASRock mini PC running Windows 7 + XBMC Launcher + XBMC with a remote that has a green button with a Windows flag.

Thnx in advance.

Re: RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-25, 08:30)qzem Wrote: @baijuxavior

I am sorry to bother you again, but did you perhaps find the time to work on future version?

Hi I will soon start working on it.

(2014-04-25, 20:56)XBMCLuver Wrote: Hi mr baijuxavior,

We are very happy with your tool, thank you very much.

1 little question.
I read that the green button on the remote can be assigned to starting XBMC.
Is this assigned automatically or do I have to tick the keymap option during install?
I have an ASRock mini PC running Windows 7 + XBMC Launcher + XBMC with a remote that has a green button with a Windows flag.

Thnx in advance.

If the green button sends win+alt+enter, it will start xbmc. No need to install the keyboard and remote registry options. If the remote is rc6 based MCE remote then use my mcemapper tool to change the green button to send the key combination.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - XBMCLuver - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 05:00)baijuxavior Wrote: If the green button sends win+alt+enter, it will start xbmc. No need to install the keyboard and remote registry options. If the remote is rc6 based MCE remote then use my mcemapper tool to change the green button to send the key combination.
Hmm.
I tried pushing win-alt-enter and that launches XBMC.
Then I pushed the green button on the remote, nothing.

I removed XBMC Launcher, reinstalled it, checked option "Original MCE Remote Control Registry Keys".

I removed XBMC Launcher, reinstalled it, checked option "Custom MCE Remote Control Registry Keys".

I removed XBMC Launcher, reinstalled it, checked option "Custom XBMC Keymap File".

The green button does send something, because it used to launch Windows Mediacenter (Windows 7 Enterprise), but I uninstalled that.

Any other tips and tricks?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-04-26

Check if your remote is RC6 compatible. It should appear as ehome device in device manager. You can also use the tool showkey.exe to test the keys send by the remote control.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - XBMCLuver - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 12:47)baijuxavior Wrote: Check if your remote is RC6 compatible. It should appear as ehome device in device manager. You can also use the tool showkey.exe to test the keys send by the remote control.
I see a Microsoft eHome Infrared Tranceiver.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-04-26

You should reboot the PC every time you change the remote control registry.

(2014-04-26, 12:56)baijuxavior Wrote: You should reboot the PC every time you change the remote control registry.

Aha, I guess that was staring me in the face, right?

So which should I use?
Original MCE Remote Control Registry Keys,
Custom MCE Remote Control Registry Keys or
Custom XBMC Keymap File?

If you use custom registry key you should also use the custom keymap. After rebooting it should work.