Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-12-03

(2014-12-03, 14:37)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi baijuxavior,

This is a great program which is packed with really useful features.I really like how I just install it and set it to launch XBMC (now Kodi) with my remotes' green button without having to faff about with other 'hacks' (like I used to in the past).

Now that there is a new working Kodi version, I have one small and very minor request - can we have the old icon updated to the new Kodi standard icon?

Thanks

You can easily change the icon by replacing the icon file KodiLauncher.ico in the folder C:\Program Files\KodiLauncher with the new one. Reload the launcher for the new icon to take effect. I'm not good with making icons. If you can make an icon for KodiLauncher then please send it to my mail id (my handle at gmail), I will update the icon in the installer. Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - blondeshanks - 2014-12-04

(2014-12-03, 18:13)baijuxavior Wrote:

This is a great program which is packed with really useful features.I really like how I just install it and set it to launch XBMC (now Kodi) with my remotes' green button without having to faff about with other 'hacks' (like I used to in the past).

Now that there is a new working Kodi version, I have one small and very minor request - can we have the old icon updated to the new Kodi standard icon?

Thanks

You can easily change the icon by replacing the icon file KodiLauncher.ico in the folder C:\Program Files\KodiLauncher with the new one. Reload the launcher for the new icon to take effect. I'm not good with making icons. If you can make an icon for KodiLauncher then please send it to my mail id (my handle at gmail), I will update the icon in the installer. Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not good with making icons (or any other design for that matter) so maybe once Kodi becomes more established, there will be different Kodi themed icons to choose from which can replace the one currently used.

Until then, it's not a major issue so either way, the program works and I'm happy.

Keep up the good work....

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - axlt2002 - 2014-12-04

(2014-12-04, 00:16)blondeshanks Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 18:13)baijuxavior Wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not good with making icons (or any other design for that matter) so maybe once Kodi becomes more established, there will be different Kodi themed icons to choose from which can replace the one currently used.

Until then, it's not a major issue so either way, the program works and I'm happy.

I guys, could this work? Let me know! Wink

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-12-04

(2014-12-04, 13:25)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 00:16)blondeshanks Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 18:13)baijuxavior Wrote: You can easily change the icon by replacing the icon file KodiLauncher.ico in the folder C:\Program Files\KodiLauncher with the new one. Reload the launcher for the new icon to take effect. I'm not good with making icons. If you can make an icon for KodiLauncher then please send it to my mail id (my handle at gmail), I will update the icon in the installer. Thanks.

It will work, but then both kodi and launcher icons will be same which can be confusing.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - axlt2002 - 2014-12-04

(2014-12-04, 15:53)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 13:25)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 00:16)blondeshanks Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not good with making icons (or any other design for that matter) so maybe once Kodi becomes more established, there will be different Kodi themed icons to choose from which can replace the one currently used.

It will work, but then both kodi and launcher icons will be same which can be confusing.

You are right, I take the point! Wink Honestly speaking I was just thinking to substitute the icon that appears on the task bar when the launcher is running...I think that this would not confuse people...anyway we can also wait for someone with design exepertize! Angel

Thanks for your great and useful work by the way!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - blondeshanks - 2014-12-04

I too thought about using the official Kodi icon/logo but didn't because it may be confusing. In time, I'm sure there will be plenty of awesome fan-made icons/logos just like there is now for XBMC...

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Plutotype - 2014-12-05

Hi team,
Im on Win7x64 and latest 4.1 version of xbmclauncher and Kodi.

Im must doing something wrong because:
- Shell mode set to xbmclauncher causes I see only full screen desktop background color for couple of seconds and then it moves to windows explorer where kodi is minimised
- Shell mode set to Windows explorer loads the desktop then xbmc in full screen, but after 3 seconds Kodi minimises and stays there.

Thanks.
Pluto

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-12-06

(2014-12-05, 22:57)Plutotype Wrote: Hi team,
Im on Win7x64 and latest 4.1 version of xbmclauncher and Kodi.

Im must doing something wrong because:
- Shell mode set to xbmclauncher causes I see only full screen desktop background color for couple of seconds and then it moves to windows explorer where kodi is minimised
- Shell mode set to Windows explorer loads the desktop then xbmc in full screen, but after 3 seconds Kodi minimises and stays there.

Thanks.
Pluto

You should use KodiLauncher for Kodi. Download link is provided in the first post.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - tripkip - 2014-12-22

When installing Kodi Launcher I was given two different MCE registry key options.
I took the custom one, but I think I needed the other one or even no change to the registry at all (unexpected result when pressing 'Menu' on my Harmony).
Reinstall to switch?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-12-23

(2014-12-22, 15:51)tripkip Wrote: When installing Kodi Launcher I was given two different MCE registry key options.
I took the custom one, but I think I needed the other one or even no change to the registry at all (unexpected result when pressing 'Menu' on my Harmony).
Reinstall to switch?

Uninstall the launcher, it will restore the mce to the old values. Then reinstall without selecting any options for mce and reboot.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - tripkip - 2014-12-23

(2014-12-23, 04:21)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 15:51)tripkip Wrote: When installing Kodi Launcher I was given two different MCE registry key options.
Reinstall to switch?

Uninstall the launcher, it will restore the mce to the old values. Then reinstall without selecting any options for mce and reboot.

OK Thanks. I'll do that tonight. Is it so then that those registry tweaks are only needed if you have an original MCE remote and want to use the green media button to launch Kodi?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-12-23

(2014-12-23, 13:08)tripkip Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 04:21)baijuxavior Wrote:
Reinstall to switch?

OK Thanks. I'll do that tonight. Is it so then that those registry tweaks are only needed if you have an original MCE remote and want to use the green media button to launch Kodi?

It is for mce remotes (receiver) only. If you have set the harmony as mce then it will function. Also note that the mce option works best with the custom keyboard.xml option. During re-installation just select the launcher only.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Hetfiled - 2014-12-26

Hi baijuxavior

2 days ago I updated from xbmc 13 to helix 14, and xbmc launcher 3.5 to KodiLauncher V1.0

Now if I choose Kodi as shell, it freeze and crash on startup, but no problem with widows as shell

I'm on win7.

Some suggestion ?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - smuller - 2014-12-27

(2014-10-23, 17:30)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 22:51)gjurriens Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 15:59)baijuxavior Wrote: I'm working on a kodi version of xbmclauncher. Please wait a few days.
I can't wait to see that coming.
If you need a tester, just let me know as I'm happy to help.
I'm using Kodi on a daily base, so I can test new versions pretty fast.

I'm running on Kodi on a Windows 8.1 system with 4GB RAM.
If you need more specs on the system, just let me know.

Here is link to KodiLauncher. It is not completed yet. Tested in Windows 7 32 bit only. Uninstall or close xbmclauncher before installing kodilauncher.

So Kodi released their final version and I want to update it from xbmc 13.2.

Before I do this I want to know if the kodi launcher will work with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Any updates about the official kodi launcher? Thanks in advance.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - shanehearps - 2014-12-27

hi,

I've read about 20 pages so far and am unsure how you actually launch these external programs from within xbmc? Is there meant to be a 'program' or something you select to launch these external programs?
sorted this one out.

Is it possible to add flags to the external apps? ie i would like to start utorrent but force it minimised but am unsure how to add the /hide flag.