Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-21

Great. Thanks for confirming that it works on Win7 64 now. Thanks Nimo for that suggestion.

I'm now typing that topic on customizing Windows 7 boot skins, animation etc. I will post a link here once it is completed.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Skank - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-21, 09:04)baijuxavior Wrote: Great. Thanks for confirming that it works on Win7 64 now. Thanks Nimo for that suggestion.

I'm now typing that topic on customizing Windows 7 boot skins, animation etc. I will post a link here once it is completed.

Big thanks for all !
This topic should be in the wiki Smile

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-21

Here is link to the thread on customizing windows. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138747

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Skank - 2012-08-21

Thx

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Nimo - 2012-08-21

ah cool, nice to hear that it helps. x64 systems needs full path name from file and the path name where they should execute because they are a little bit stupid. Smile

cheers

ps: now i try customizing windows (im anxious about x64 Smile )

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Clutchless - 2012-08-21

Awesome! Thanks for getting that resolved, will wait for new version.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Skank - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-21, 14:36)Clutchless Wrote: Awesome! Thanks for getting that resolved, will wait for new version.

you already can download it Wink
He just replaced the last one.. no new version

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Livin - 2012-08-23

baijuxavior,
Would yo be able to add 2 features...

1) allow user to launch XBMC on a specific display (desktop, display 2, etc)
2) watchdog to ensure XBMC stays on that specific display -- like you do to check focus

... this would allow me, and other, to once again reliably use XBMC on a 2nd display.

thx for the great tool

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Clutchless - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 13:11)Skank Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 14:36)Clutchless Wrote: Awesome! Thanks for getting that resolved, will wait for new version.

you already can download it Wink
He just replaced the last one.. no new version

Ah, didn't realize that. Thanks.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-23, 15:48)Livin Wrote: baijuxavior,
Would yo be able to add 2 features...

1) allow user to launch XBMC on a specific display (desktop, display 2, etc)
2) watchdog to ensure XBMC stays on that specific display -- like you do to check focus

... this would allow me, and other, to once again reliably use XBMC on a 2nd display.

thx for the great tool

Unfortunately, I don't have a dual monitor setup, so I can't test the script. But you can download the latest tool from elitegamer360. He has added the feature you are looking for. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179&pid=1173558#pid1173558. You can integrate this code into xbmclauncher by editing the xbmclauncher.ahk file in the source code giving credit to EG.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - jordandk - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-17, 09:26)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 19:21)jordandk Wrote: If i start using this awsome launcher with XBMC as a shell, can I then use a browser? I have from advance launcher in XBMC, made my browser to load my webtv page. But I can't find out, if this still possibly without explorer?

I have never tested this. But IMO, it should work. You can try it and post your observations.

I have done som testing now on both my clients. It's working as usual without the explorer. But I have changed it back to windows shell again, because without explorer I can't use unified remote as a mouse when on the web. Is there anyway to bypass that?

Every lag are gone with this fantastic launcher when resume from sleep. Big Grin

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-25, 13:15)jordandk Wrote: I have done som testing now on both my clients. It's working as usual without the explorer. But I have changed it back to windows shell again, because without explorer I can't use unified remote as a mouse when on the web. Is there anyway to bypass that?

Sorry. I have no experience with unified remote. Is it an android remote app?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - dtweb - 2012-08-25

I'm trying to make a tool that control server standby with connected clients. When I'll finish it you can add to your tools, if you want

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - jordandk - 2012-08-26

(2012-08-25, 16:31)baijuxavior Wrote: Sorry. I have no experience with unified remote. Is it an android remote app?

Yes it's for Android, it's a a remote server program to install on your pc and your android phone, then you can use your phone as a mouse with right tab and every thing. I'm using it, when using advance launcher for the web. So I can surf without any mouse or keyboard. But it seems like the server program can't launch without explorer.

So now I'm back with the old problem, that sometimes my client in the livingroom will start up from sleep without any sound, and a reboot is required. (AMD card, many have that trouble). In the bedroom with the nvidia card I never experience that problem. Confused

But if I use the XBMC shell, I allways have sound in the livingroom at least the week I tested it.

Offcourse I could use a regular mouse, but that's is not very WAF. Big Grin And my girlfriend would hate it.

I'm not sure if anything can be done, because I don't know anything about scripting or makeing batchfiles.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-26

If explorer is needed for that app to work correctly, then we can do nothing but to use the explorer as shell.