Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-03-19

(2015-03-18, 06:36)-CraZed- Wrote: I'm having an issue with a blank screen after closing a windows 8 app. I am using ModernMix to create desktop shortcuts to my desktop and then launching them through advanced launcher in Kodi (Helix). Everything works great until I close or alt+f4 out of the app. All I get is a black screen and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of it. Alternatively using the fullscreen\window toggle key (\) it will snap it out of it.
I run the apps in fullscreen mode and if I don't Kodi obviously retakes focus but even then I get a black screen when it does.
Any ideas?

Sorry, I don't know why it happens as I dont use any metro apps. Are you using the launcher in shell mode? If so explorer is not running and can be the reason for blank screen.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - -CraZed- - 2015-03-19

(2015-03-19, 12:18)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 06:36)-CraZed- Wrote: I'm having an issue with a blank screen after closing a windows 8 app. I am using ModernMix to create desktop shortcuts to my desktop and then launching them through advanced launcher in Kodi (Helix). Everything works great until I close or alt+f4 out of the app. All I get is a black screen and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of it. Alternatively using the fullscreen\window toggle key (\) it will snap it out of it.
I run the apps in fullscreen mode and if I don't Kodi obviously retakes focus but even then I get a black screen when it does.
Any ideas?

Sorry, I don't know why it happens as I dont use any metro apps. Are you using the launcher in shell mode? If so explorer is not running and can be the reason for blank screen.
After posting this and messing around with some settings, I noticed Kodi actually does this behavior even without L4K it just doesn't stay blank. Whenever I minimize or maximize kodi the screen goes blank for a second then comes back. But with L4K it would stay that way. I changed Kodi to a fullscreen window and this went away. So I think I figured it out. Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - berkhornet - 2015-03-23

Firstly, thanks for this utility which I’m finding really useful in my HTPC setup.
All is working well, except that I get a “cannot connect to remote server” dialog in Kodi when it executed following a suspend state. This doesn’t happen when Kodi is executed after a log-on.
I disabled the Kodi Video Library setting “update library on start-up” and the dialog doesn’t appear after resuming from suspend so I suspect that Kodi is trying to connect to the internet before the internet connection is re-established.
I looked at the source for Launcher4Kodi.ahk and saw that the code related to executing Kodi after log-on was:
If (StartKodiOnWinLogon = 1 and ReloadLauncher4Kodi = 0)
{
Sleep %StartupDelay%
LaunchApplication(KodiPath)
WinWait,Kodi,,2 ; wait 2 seconds
WinActivate, ahk_class Kodi ; activate and bring to front.
}

Whilst (I think) the code related to executing Kodi after suspend was:
Sleep %StartupDelay%
;WinWait,Kodi,,6 ; wait 6 seconds

Could this cause my problem? Any help appreciated.

The messages in the log related to the dialog message are:
15:01:52 T:4228 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)
15:01:52 T:4228 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
15:01:52 T:4228 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
15:01:52 T:4828 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "atiadlxx.dll" with error 126: "The specified module could not be found.
"
15:01:52 T:4828 ERROR: LoadLibrary('atiadlxx.dll') failed
15:01:52 T:4828 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "atiadlxy.dll" with error 126: "The specified module could not be found.
"
15:01:52 T:4828 ERROR: LoadLibrary('atiadlxy.dll') failed

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-03-24

(2015-03-23, 17:13)berkhornet Wrote: Firstly, thanks for this utility which I’m finding really useful in my HTPC setup.
All is working well, except that I get a “cannot connect to remote server” dialog in Kodi when it executed following a suspend state. This doesn’t happen when Kodi is executed after a log-on.
I disabled the Kodi Video Library setting “update library on start-up” and the dialog doesn’t appear after resuming from suspend so I suspect that Kodi is trying to connect to the internet before the internet connection is re-established.
I looked at the source for Launcher4Kodi.ahk and saw that the code related to executing Kodi after log-on was:
If (StartKodiOnWinLogon = 1 and ReloadLauncher4Kodi = 0)
{
Sleep %StartupDelay%
WinWait,Kodi,,2 ; wait 2 seconds
}

Whilst (I think) the code related to executing Kodi after suspend was:
Sleep %StartupDelay%
;WinWait,Kodi,,6 ; wait 6 seconds

Could this cause my problem? Any help appreciated.

The messages in the log related to the dialog message are:
15:01:52 T:4228 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)
15:01:52 T:4228 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
15:01:52 T:4228 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
15:01:52 T:4828 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "atiadlxx.dll" with error 126: "The specified module could not be found.
"
15:01:52 T:4828 ERROR: LoadLibrary('atiadlxx.dll') failed
15:01:52 T:4828 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "atiadlxy.dll" with error 126: "The specified module could not be found.
"
15:01:52 T:4828 ERROR: LoadLibrary('atiadlxy.dll') failed

The network may not have initialized completely before kodi is started. Adding a delay for kodi startup in kodilauncher startup settings might help.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - berkhornet - 2015-03-24

Thanks for response. On further investigation it seems that Kodi is not being closed on system suspend/started when Windows resumes from sleep, despite these settings being checked in the GUI.

To resolve this, I have to run Laucher4Kodi with Administrator rights.

Unfortunately, Windows doesn't allow Start Up programs to run with Administrator rights, so I had to replace the Launcher4Kodi shortcut that is placed in the Startup folder with shortcut to a batchfile that runs Launcher4Kodi. A bit convoluted, but seems to work.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - TB4875 - 2015-03-25

Hallo,

I use Laucher4Kodi on my Windows 8.1 x64 with Kodi 14.1. Great program and works fine. But I have two little problems. Maybe someone can help me or can give me some little hints...

1. I entered a delay of 5 seconds what is perfect for me. I also tried 10 and 3 seconds but this setting works fine. But sometimes Kodi is minimized by something and I have to maximize it back with Alt+Tab. I don't know what program is doing this. There are not startup programs, no scheduled tasks or something else. It is also not always happened. So I don't know what is happend here. Does anyone has an idea what can make this problem?

2. I set the setting that Kodi has the focus. I also have PowerDVD and TMT as addional external player for BDs. I entered the path do the exe files in Launcher4Kodi and set also the setting, that these applications should get the focus. If I want to start a BD to play with PDVD or TMT the focus fall back to Kodi and not to the external players. Why?

I hope you unterstand my problems and someone can help me...

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - berkhornet - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-24, 10:24)berkhornet Wrote: Thanks for response. On further investigation it seems that Kodi is not being closed on system suspend/started when Windows resumes from sleep, despite these settings being checked in the GUI.

Unfortunately, Windows doesn't allow Start Up programs to run with Administrator rights, so I had to replace the Launcher4Kodi shortcut that is placed in the Startup folder with shortcut to a batchfile that runs Launcher4Kodi. A bit convoluted, but seems to work.

I now have everything running fine, including the CEC adapter, with one exception. I have the settings "Start Kodi when Windows resumes from Sleep" and "Close Kodi on System Suspend" set. I also have the Kodi CEC parameter "Device to power off when stopping Kodi = TV" set. These settings all work fine except, but my TV doesn't go into standby when I press the sleep button on the remote control (it does if the "Close Kodi on System System Suspend" is not set).

I suspect that the PC s going to sleep before the CEC command to put TV into standby is issued. Would it be possible to include a short wait command (or add a delay after closing Kodi setting) to prevent this happening?

Thanks for your help.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-03-25

(2015-03-25, 11:49)TB4875 Wrote: Hallo,

I use Laucher4Kodi on my Windows 8.1 x64 with Kodi 14.1. Great program and works fine. But I have two little problems. Maybe someone can help me or can give me some little hints...

1. I entered a delay of 5 seconds what is perfect for me. I also tried 10 and 3 seconds but this setting works fine. But sometimes Kodi is minimized by something and I have to maximize it back with Alt+Tab. I don't know what program is doing this. There are not startup programs, no scheduled tasks or something else. It is also not always happened. So I don't know what is happend here. Does anyone has an idea what can make this problem?

2. I set the setting that Kodi has the focus. I also have PowerDVD and TMT as addional external player for BDs. I entered the path do the exe files in Launcher4Kodi and set also the setting, that these applications should get the focus. If I want to start a BD to play with PDVD or TMT the focus fall back to Kodi and not to the external players. Why?

I hope you unterstand my problems and someone can help me...

1. Can you try the kodi setting 'use a full screen window rather than true full screen'? It may sometimes help to solve the issue. I will look into this matter as other users have also reported this minimizing problem. I don't have this problem in my system.

2. Thanks for pointing out the problem. It is a bug in the code. If kodi is in focus, the external player will not get focus until it is manually focused. If you close kodi then external player will get the focus. I will correct it in next version. Meanwhile you can download the source code and edit the launcher4kodi.ahk file. Replace the code at Line No. 960 which is:

Code:
if (FocusDelay = 0 or DisableFocusTemporarily = 1 or DisableFocusPermanently = 1 or BreakFocus = 1 or WinActive("ahk_class Kodi"))

with

Code:
if (FocusDelay = 0 or DisableFocusTemporarily = 1 or DisableFocusPermanently = 1 or BreakFocus = 1)

(2015-03-25, 14:44)berkhornet Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 10:24)berkhornet Wrote: Thanks for response. On further investigation it seems that Kodi is not being closed on system suspend/started when Windows resumes from sleep, despite these settings being checked in the GUI.

I now have everything running fine, including the CEC adapter, with one exception. I have the settings "Start Kodi when Windows resumes from Sleep" and "Close Kodi on System Suspend" set. I also have the Kodi CEC parameter "Device to power off when stopping Kodi = TV" set. These settings all work fine except, but my TV doesn't go into standby when I press the sleep button on the remote control (it does if the "Close Kodi on System System Suspend" is not set).

I suspect that the PC s going to sleep before the CEC command to put TV into standby is issued. Would it be possible to include a short wait command (or add a delay after closing Kodi setting) to prevent this happening?

Thanks for your help.

When you select "Close Kodi on System Suspend", kodi is force closed on sleep, because system sleep is a fast action and normal closing of kodi is not possible in this small time. If kodi is not force closed before sleep, it will close only after you resume the pc. If kodi is force closed, most of the kodi shutdown actions will not work properly and hence the problem. I am sorry to say that I'm unable to suggest a possible solution for the problem.

XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - berkhornet - 2015-03-25

Many thanks for the clear explanation. Will have to give it further thought!

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - TB4875 - 2015-03-30

(2015-03-25, 17:52)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. Can you try the kodi setting 'use a full screen window rather than true full screen'? It may sometimes help to solve the issue. I will look into this matter as other users have also reported this minimizing problem. I don't have this problem in my system.

Thanks. I will test this.

(2015-03-25, 17:52)baijuxavior Wrote: 2. Thanks for pointing out the problem. It is a bug in the code. If kodi is in focus, the external player will not get focus until it is manually focused. If you close kodi then external player will get the focus. I will correct it in next version. Meanwhile you can download the source code and edit the launcher4kodi.ahk file. Replace the code at Line No. 960 which is:

Code:
if (FocusDelay = 0 or DisableFocusTemporarily = 1 or DisableFocusPermanently = 1 or BreakFocus = 1 or WinActive("ahk_class Kodi"))

with

Code:
if (FocusDelay = 0 or DisableFocusTemporarily = 1 or DisableFocusPermanently = 1 or BreakFocus = 1)

Thanks. I will wait for the next version.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus - Mydriaze - 2015-04-11

Hello,

I'm a new user of your tool, and I think it's amazing.
However, I have an issue everytime I put my Intel NUC on "Sleep" then wake it up: Kodi is on minimize, every single time. I'm on Windows 8, and when I wake up my computer, there's no icons anymore, nothing, just the Kodi icon minimize. Weird, isn't it?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-04-12

(2015-04-11, 10:35)Mydriaze Wrote: Hello,

I'm a new user of your tool, and I think it's amazing.
However, I have an issue everytime I put my Intel NUC on "Sleep" then wake it up: Kodi is on minimize, every single time. I'm on Windows 8, and when I wake up my computer, there's no icons anymore, nothing, just the Kodi icon minimize. Weird, isn't it?

You can try the options 'Close Kodi on Suspend' and 'Start Kodi when Windows Resume from sleep'. This will solve the issue, but kodi will be closed and reopened.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Mydriaze - 2015-04-12

Thanks for your reply. Again, great tool, really.

Quote:You can try the options 'Close Kodi on Suspend' and 'Start Kodi when Windows Resume from sleep'. This will solve the issue, but kodi will be closed and reopened.

Everything is already check, the behaviour is the same. Actually, I think the issue is not about your launcher, but an issue with Windows 8.1 resume from sleep mode.
Every single time I resume from sleep my system (Nuc, windows 8.1), I can see only the wallpaper of my desktop, icons in my task bar with Windows button, but no icon at all from the desktop. Nothing. And of course, I can't launch anything.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Spacekiek - 2015-04-12

Hi

I've installed this launcher and it works like a charm, but it seems to take a while -during boot- to effectively launch Kodi ? (like 20 seconds)

I've got a 5th gen. Intel NUC core i5 with M.2 SSD, so speed shouldn't be an issue.
The same thing happens when I add Kodi as a shortcut to autolaunch in Win 8.1

Any suggestions?Rolleyes

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-04-12

(2015-04-12, 11:20)Mydriaze Wrote: Thanks for your reply. Again, great tool, really.

Quote:You can try the options 'Close Kodi on Suspend' and 'Start Kodi when Windows Resume from sleep'. This will solve the issue, but kodi will be closed and reopened.

Everything is already check, the behaviour is the same. Actually, I think the issue is not about your launcher, but an issue with Windows 8.1 resume from sleep mode.
Every single time I resume from sleep my system (Nuc, windows 8.1), I can see only the wallpaper of my desktop, icons in my task bar with Windows button, but no icon at all from the desktop. Nothing. And of course, I can't launch anything.

I have not tested the launcher in Win 8.1.

Are you using the launcher as shell? Do you have this problem if explorer is the shell?

(2015-04-12, 15:55)Spacekiek Wrote: Hi

I've installed this launcher and it works like a charm, but it seems to take a while -during boot- to effectively launch Kodi ? (like 20 seconds)

I've got a 5th gen. Intel NUC core i5 with M.2 SSD, so speed shouldn't be an issue.
The same thing happens when I add Kodi as a shortcut to autolaunch in Win 8.1

Any suggestions?Rolleyes

Try hybrid shutdown in Windows 8.1. Subsequent boots will be much faster.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html