Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-05-25

(2015-05-25, 02:59)ratzofftoya Wrote: I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but it seems that although I have installed Launcher 4 Kodi and it is launching at startup, my windows just goes to the regular desktop and I have to launch Kodi manually. Anyone run into this issue?

Please enable 'Start Kodi when Windows starts'. Are you using the launcher as shell?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ratzofftoya - 2015-05-25

(2015-05-25, 12:01)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 02:59)ratzofftoya Wrote: I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but it seems that although I have installed Launcher 4 Kodi and it is launching at startup, my windows just goes to the regular desktop and I have to launch Kodi manually. Anyone run into this issue?

Please enable 'Start Kodi when Windows starts'. Are you using the launcher as shell?

I have enabled both. I now note that Kodi starts eventually but only after all my other programs, and certainly not as a shell (though I've enabled that).

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-05-26

(2015-05-25, 19:39)ratzofftoya Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 12:01)baijuxavior Wrote:

I have enabled both. I now note that Kodi starts eventually but only after all my other programs, and certainly not as a shell (though I've enabled that).

You should set the launcher as shell. Then kodi will start without showing the desktop. Try to run the launcher as admin and set the shell to launcher4kodi.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - ratzofftoya - 2015-05-26

(2015-05-26, 18:57)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 19:39)ratzofftoya Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 12:01)baijuxavior Wrote: Please enable 'Start Kodi when Windows starts'. Are you using the launcher as shell?

You should set the launcher as shell. Then kodi will start without showing the desktop. Try to run the launcher as admin and set the shell to launcher4kodi.

Got it, I'll had already set it to act as shell, but I don't know that I launched as admin, so I'll do that. Should I run the launcher itself as admin, or the launcher GUI, or both?

Also, if I'm using Steam Launcher to launch Steam (and, via Steam, various games) from Kodi, and also launching a couple other games as well from Kodi (including one that requires Origin), do I need to change any settings in the launcher GUI?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-05-27

(2015-05-26, 20:04)ratzofftoya Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 18:57)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 19:39)ratzofftoya Wrote: I have enabled both. I now note that Kodi starts eventually but only after all my other programs, and certainly not as a shell (though I've enabled that).

Got it, I'll had already set it to act as shell, but I don't know that I launched as admin, so I'll do that. Should I run the launcher itself as admin, or the launcher GUI, or both?

Also, if I'm using Steam Launcher to launch Steam (and, via Steam, various games) from Kodi, and also launching a couple other games as well from Kodi (including one that requires Origin), do I need to change any settings in the launcher GUI?

Admin privilege is required only if you cannot change the shell in the launcher. This can happen if your system prevents modification to the registry.

I have not tested steam launcher, may be you will need to add those game exes to the external apps group and prevent kodi from taking focus.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ratzofftoya - 2015-05-28

(2015-05-27, 15:14)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 20:04)ratzofftoya Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 18:57)baijuxavior Wrote: You should set the launcher as shell. Then kodi will start without showing the desktop. Try to run the launcher as admin and set the shell to launcher4kodi.

Admin privilege is required only if you cannot change the shell in the launcher. This can happen if your system prevents modification to the registry.

I have not tested steam launcher, may be you will need to add those game exes to the external apps group and prevent kodi from taking focus.

Update: Launched as admin and everything is working great. I do not need to add Steam or the games to the list of accepted programs--seems to be working fine without it.

The only snag is Origin. I have one game launched through origin, which means calling the .exe also opens up the origin launcher, and that seems to take focus away from Kodi and dump me out to the black "desktop."

Error - liamp - 2015-05-31

I get this error on Windows 8.1 when I have it auto start.
Any way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Then I get

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-01

(2015-05-31, 23:03)liamp Wrote: I get this error on Windows 8.1 when I have it auto start.
Any way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Then I get

This error happens when the launcher can't read the os version. Just download the sourcefile from github as zip file, extract launcher4kodi.ahk file in notepad and remove the two lines at Line 45 and 46. And change the line 47 to Global OSVersion = 6.2. SAve the file, right click the file and compile to get launcher4kodi.exe file. Replace the file in your program folder with this new file.

Please see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798&pid=1896302#pid1896302

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ipguy - 2015-06-03

(2015-05-28, 02:19)ratzofftoya Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 15:14)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 20:04)ratzofftoya Wrote: Got it, I'll had already set it to act as shell, but I don't know that I launched as admin, so I'll do that. Should I run the launcher itself as admin, or the launcher GUI, or both?

Update: Launched as admin and everything is working great. I do not need to add Steam or the games to the list of accepted programs--seems to be working fine without it.

The only snag is Origin. I have one game launched through origin, which means calling the .exe also opens up the origin launcher, and that seems to take focus away from Kodi and dump me out to the black "desktop."

how do we run Launcher4Kodi as admin on every windows restart?

Edit: and here is the answer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff431742.aspx

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ratzofftoya - 2015-06-04

The issue i am having now is with server wmc, a PVR backend that feeds from WMC. It seems that even when I launch it with Kodi in the Kodi shell, it doesn't work--Kodi says that it can't connect.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - timoxx4 - 2015-06-05

I am having a problem also in Windows 7 64bit. With it set to launch Kodi at startup. Windows as shell.

The PC starts up and I get to the windows desktop then it starts Kodi with 0 delay as normal and I get the Kodi startup screen for about 1 second then it minimizes to the task bar all by itself. It dose it about 50% of the time. Never had this happen with XBMC Gotham which I am coming from so something is different with Kodi I think that is causing this.

I have set L4K to start as Admin with no change in performance. I don't want to have Kodi to start as Shell as I like to switch back to the desktop sometimes and back to Kodi. So I sort of need windows to start as shell and Kodi to open and stay open if possible without having to set it as Shell ?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-04, 07:48)ratzofftoya Wrote: The issue i am having now is with server wmc, a PVR backend that feeds from WMC. It seems that even when I launch it with Kodi in the Kodi shell, it doesn't work--Kodi says that it can't connect.

Please try a small time delay in kodi startup. It may help. If it doesn't then you may need to modify the code and start wmc server before kodi starts.

(2015-06-05, 02:03)timoxx4 Wrote: I am having a problem also in Windows 7 64bit. With it set to launch Kodi at startup. Windows as shell.

The PC starts up and I get to the windows desktop then it starts Kodi with 0 delay as normal and I get the Kodi startup screen for about 1 second then it minimizes to the task bar all by itself. It dose it about 50% of the time. Never had this happen with XBMC Gotham which I am coming from so something is different with Kodi I think that is causing this.

I have set L4K to start as Admin with no change in performance. I don't want to have Kodi to start as Shell as I like to switch back to the desktop sometimes and back to Kodi. So I sort of need windows to start as shell and Kodi to open and stay open if possible without having to set it as Shell ?

Please try with 'use a full screen window rather than true full screen' in kodi settings.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - timoxx4 - 2015-06-06

I just put a shortcut to Kodi in my windows Startup folder and not use L4K and its working just fine now. Seems it is something in L4K that's not quite right.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - gitman - 2015-06-07

I upgraded to Kodi while I still had XBMCLauncher installed. the custom shutdown menu was working fine.

now after upgrading to Launcher4Kodi, and choosing to install the custom shutdown menu, all i get is the default Kodi shutdown menu.

i am using confluence, and i have reinstalled the launcher 2x.

edit: i replaced my DialogButtonMenu.xml with the following to get back what I was used to seeing ala the image in the first post of this thread. I also fixed the paths to the py scripts as per an earlier post from March.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window type="buttonMenu">
    <defaultcontrol>9001</defaultcontrol>
    <include>dialogeffect</include>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <left>0</left>
        <top>0</top>
    </coordinates>
    <controls>
        <control type="button" id="9001">
            <description>Make sure we hit the first button in the group list and not the close window button</description>
            <left>-16</left>
            <top>-16</top>
            <width>4</width>
            <height>4</height>
            <label>-</label>
            <font>-</font>
            <onfocus>down</onfocus>
            <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <onleft>9000</onleft>
            <onright>9000</onright>
            <onup>9000</onup>
            <ondown>2</ondown>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture>black-back.png</texture>
        </control>
        <control type="grouplist" id="9000">
            <left>470</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>340</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <onleft>9000</onleft>
            <onright>9000</onright>
            <onup>9000</onup>
            <ondown>9000</ondown>
            <itemgap>0</itemgap>
            <align>center</align>
            <control type="group" id="1">
                <width>340</width>
                <height>30</height>
                <control type="image">
                    <description>background top image</description>
                    <left>0</left>
                    <top>0</top>
                    <width>340</width>
                    <height>30</height>
                    <texture border="20,19,20,0">DialogContextTop.png</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="20">
                    <description>Close Window button</description>
                    <left>260</left>
                    <top>5</top>
                    <width>64</width>
                    <height>32</height>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <font>-</font>
                    <onclick>PreviousMenu</onclick>
                    <texturefocus>DialogCloseButton-focus.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>DialogCloseButton.png</texturenofocus>
                    <onleft>2</onleft>
                    <onright>13</onright>
                    <onup>13</onup>
                    <ondown>2</ondown>
                    <visible>system.getbool(input.enablemouse)</visible>
                </control>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="2">
                <description>Exit button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                <align>center</align>
                <textwidth>290</textwidth>
                <texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
                <texturenofocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
                <onclick>RunScript(C:\Program Files\Launcher4Kodi\CloseKodi.py)</onclick>
                <pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>13012</label>
                <visible>System.ShowExitButton</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="3">
                <description>Shutdown button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <onclick>RunScript(C:\Program Files\Launcher4Kodi\ConfluenceShutdownButtonAction.py)</onclick>
                <visible>System.CanPowerDown</visible>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>Shutdown</label>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="4">
                <description>RestartKodi Button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <onclick>RunScript(C:\Program Files\Launcher4Kodi\RestartKodi.py)</onclick>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>Restart Kodi</label>
            </control>
            <control type="button" id="5">
                <description>Reboot button</description>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>40</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <onclick>XBMC.Reset()</onclick>
                <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
                <font>font13</font>
                <label>13013</label>
            </control>
            <control type="image" id="6">
                <description>background bottom image</description>
                <left>0</left>
                <width>340</width>
                <height>25</height>
                <texture border="20,0,19,20">DialogContextBottom.png</texture>
            </control>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Helioy - 2015-06-07

I'm using Launcher4Kodi as a shell to open Kodi and run external programs. However, each time I reboot, the shell is not started and I end up using explorer instead. Launcher4Kodi is not launched at all.. The exe has administrative permissions and the shell is correct set in regedit.
OS Win 8.1, 64bit.

How can I debug this further?