Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-08-10

(2015-08-05, 03:22)Ned Scott Wrote: I've been lazy about maintaining the Supplemental tools (wiki) list on the wiki lately, but I just made a page for Launcher4Kodi (wiki). That page will automatically populate the Supplemental tools pages based on category. Feel free to add anything to it, or just use it as a pointer to this thread. Cheers.

Thanks for supporting the tool.

(2015-08-08, 14:02)stuspick Wrote: I can only select all file types in the external apps group from the notification icon. From the GUI I can only select .exe file types. Looks like a bug possibly.

Thanks for pointing out the bug. You can enter '*' in filename and press 'Enter' key. This will display all files.

(2015-08-09, 07:19)Warner306 Wrote: Can you add an option to disable the catch of Alt+F4?

I have mapped this command on my remote to force Kodi to close. Shutdown via any other method is too slow for my tastes. The shutdown menu is already accessible via the "S" key.

I will do so in next update. You can remove that line in the sourcecode and create a new exe file meanwhile.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - StealthDefender - 2015-08-11

@baijuxavior
Hi, first thx to this superb tool. But i have some little issue!
I have launcher4kodi configured as shell and that kodi should close and start with resume/hibernate.
Now it sometimes happen that i have only a black screen after start with the remote.
Than ishut down and restart and then it worjs?!?
Delay is about 4 seconds!
Any clues!?
Greetz Stealth

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-08-12

(2015-08-11, 09:15)StealthDefender Wrote: @baijuxavior
I have launcher4kodi configured as shell and that kodi should close and start with resume/hibernate.
Now it sometimes happen that i have only a black screen after start with the remote.
Any clues!?
Greetz Stealth

It could be a problem with kodi not fully closing at hibernate. When you resume the pc from hibernation, kodi will close completely, but won't start again as the launcher thinks kodi is already running.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - StealthDefender - 2015-08-12

(2015-08-12, 13:56)baijuxavior Wrote:
Any clues!?
Greetz Stealth

It could be a problem with kodi not fully closing at hibernate. When you resume the pc from hibernation, kodi will close completely, but won't start again as the launcher thinks kodi is already running.
Is there any workaround? Or better let kodi run in hibernate and restart it sometimes manualy?!?
Greetz Stealth

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-08-13

(2015-08-12, 18:10)StealthDefender Wrote:
(2015-08-12, 13:56)baijuxavior Wrote:
Any clues!?
Greetz Stealth

Is there any workaround? Or better let kodi run in hibernate and restart it sometimes manualy?!?
Greetz Stealth

Try a higher startup delay. If it doesnt work, you need to modify the launcher4kodi.ahk source code.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Cinder - 2015-08-15

Launcher4Kodi is awesome, but I'm having some issues, some might partly be my lack of know-how:

1. When I start my HTPC and boot with Launcher4Kodi as shell, my XBMConIMON software doesn't work properly. My VFP display either blacks out completely or freezes. It works perfectly on Explorer shell.
  2. Sometimes neither remote nor keyboard works after boot, only hard reboot works to reset.
  3. I would like to run programs like Steam in the background with silent updates while starting Kodi with Launcher4Kodi shell, but I cant see how to run a .exe with arguments?

All input much appreciated Smile

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gibxxi - 2015-08-15

(2015-08-15, 18:17)Cinder Wrote: Launcher4Kodi is awesome, but I'm having some issues, some might partly be my lack of know-how:

1. When I start my HTPC and boot with Launcher4Kodi as shell, my XBMConIMON software doesn't work properly. My VFP display either blacks out completely or freezes. It works perfectly on Explorer shell.
  2. Sometimes neither remote nor keyboard works after boot, only hard reboot works to reset.
  3. I would like to run programs like Steam in the background with silent updates while starting Kodi with Launcher4Kodi shell, but I cant see how to run a .exe with arguments?

The iMon software won't auto-start without Explorer as your shell. You can't set the shell as ANYTHING other than explorer.exe when using iMon devices.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Cinder - 2015-08-15

(2015-08-15, 18:35)gibxxi Wrote:
(2015-08-15, 18:17)Cinder Wrote: Launcher4Kodi is awesome, but I'm having some issues, some might partly be my lack of know-how:

The iMon software won't auto-start without Explorer as your shell. You can't set the shell as ANYTHING other than explorer.exe when using iMon devices.

I thought that was the point of having the "iMON" and "XBMConiMON" paths in the settings... well that sucks.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gibxxi - 2015-08-16

(2015-08-15, 18:38)Cinder Wrote:
(2015-08-15, 18:35)gibxxi Wrote:

I thought that was the point of having the "iMON" and "XBMConiMON" paths in the settings... well that sucks.

I think it's there for the purposes of re-starting after a hibernate / standby event (I could be wrong on this). The iMon software / drivers rely on explorer.exe for the tray icon and start-menu startup folder functionality AFAIK. At least nobody whose ever had one of their displays and uses the iMon drivers to power it has ever had any success getting the iMon Manager software to start without explorer.exe being set as the shell. XBMConiMon is a bridge app between Kodi and the iMon Manager software that replaces the "Media Information" section of the iMon Drivers / utility that has never worked properly with XBMC / Kodi since SoundGraph made these displays, and has been completely broken since at least Eden.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-08-16

You can start imon and xbmconimo with the launcher but unfortunately imon works properly only if explorer is running

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - AussieFries - 2015-08-18

Hi Baijuxavior,

Since version 2.1 the shortcut Alt+F4 is intercepted.

Unfortunately I need Alt+F4 to work (to close Internet Explorer so I can switch back to Kodi with my remote control).
Could you please create an option to select whether or not Alt+F4 is captured? Or is there a workaround so I can still close Windows apps?

Many thanks for your otherwise great app!

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Desisuperman - 2015-09-09

great app! worked perfect for what i needed.

If I may make a suggestion. I was having issues with the lock screen in windows 10 and not recognizing the Tab key on my Logitech remote. Then when i would finally sign in and Kodi would be blank requiring me to ALT+F4 it and reopening it manually. Disabling it from the registry solved this issue all together, Perhaps a built in feature to just disable the lock screen eliminating that extra unnecessary layer.

I was able to do it using this step by step process in case anybody is interested

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-lock-screen-windows-10

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jjsr1980 - 2015-10-01

Hi,

just tried this great tool yesterday. Exchanging the shell is great to get rid of the win taskbar. But this way also modifies the way how autostart programs run...
I know and i did set up my avg security tools in launcher4kodi and checked the "prevent focus kodi" box. But how can i get these tools started minimised or hidden instead of splashing front in the face? Sometimes they also are in the foreground - well no prob: hitting the green button on my mce remote will call up kodi to front. So this is kinda cosmetic changes. Some tips? Thanks! Huh

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - MasterPhW - 2015-10-01

If the app can't be launched minimized, there's no (proper) way to disable the splash screens etc.
Also, you know, that AVG is selling your personal data for using their software? And why does a HTPC needs a special security solution? The windows internal should be more than enough for the movie and series watching user.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jjsr1980 - 2015-10-01

Beside the data privacy thing, i'm not sure if windows security does enough.
But for hiding issues: i also try playing around with a mouse hider tool, which normally starts minimized in tray. Without the Explorer shell it also starts in Window. Avg normally starts hidden.