Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Markos - 2015-12-10

Hi guys,

I do have problems with keeping focus on Kodi when start it with HP RCE controller.
Actually it doesn't work at all because if I set "Start KODI when system starts" it has same result.
Launcher is starting with system startup and it doesn't matter if I set Kodi autostart or not, main window of Kodi doesn't stay in the foreground,.

I checked "Focus Settings" :

- Disable Focus Permanently (off)
- Focus Once Only - (tried already with ON and OFF)
- Focus Delay: tried with different values (from 0 till 10s)

I will be appreciate for your help.
I tried to go through search engine but 14 pages of results is damn time-consuming and so far I didn't found right answer.

Regards

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - lospo - 2015-12-14

Hi and good eventing,
i use launcher4kodi as shell to launch and keep on focus kodi (jarvis) and keep on background uTorrent and it works really good.

I need to launch kodi in portable mode (with "-p" argument at command line) is there a way to config the launcher?

Right now i made kodi.bat
Code:
e:\kodi\kodi.exe -p

and config the launcher to use thas executable instead of the original one.

Thank you to any reply Big Grin

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Malosar - 2015-12-23

I've decided to try this program out again as I continue to have issues with minimizing. Tried the new laucnher4kodi 1.1 and still have exactly the same problem I did when I tried it a year or so ago. Everything works fine if I am at desktop and launch Kodi via the launcher. If I set the launcher to start Kodi at Windows startup (using normal explorer as shell), then none of the libraries work. Going into Movies or TV Shows produces normal select a folder view instead of my library. If I quit Kodi then start it up again with win+alt+enter via launcher4kodi it works fine. It's only on the initial startup that it doesn't work at all with my libraries.

I'm using a MySQL network library running on my NAS also with all content on shared folders.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Rockfella - 2015-12-26

Thanks man. Kodi launcher working fine on Windows 10 as well. Nice work.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - the_scotsman - 2015-12-27

I've been searching for a way to get the green button on an MCE remote to launch Kodi on WIndows 10. Every solution I've found just doesn't work. I tried installing this software and it doesn't work either. Is there something I'm missing?

It wasn't clear which remote settings I should choose during install (if any), or if this even mattered. I chose none, then again tried with custom but I have no idea what that is supposed to do.

It does run Kodi on Windows startup etc, so that's all working great. But I'd love to get the green button working. Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, working now. Had to do a Windows reboot!

Awesome little piece of software, working great on Win10 x64!

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Shogunreaper - 2015-12-31

any news about that keyboard shortcut i asked about last year?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Corbendallas - 2016-01-05

Hi

with windows 7, xbmclauncher 4.1 and kodi 14.1 worked very well
since i upgraded to windows 10, it hasn't been working fine.

windows shell launch instead of xbmc shell
and kodi doesn't take the focus

do you have an idea of these issues?
thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - neoleo - 2016-01-06

I have kodi launcher working fine in windows 10 with Launcher4Kodi as shell. The only problem is with ass fonts in subtitles. I have to exit Kodi to windows shell and start kodi once again to have the fonts correctly displayed. Is there any way to load windows fonts, maybe with the help of an external programHuh The problem is only with DVDPlayer. With external players ass subtiltes display fine. Fonts are correctly installed in Windows and in Kodi media/Fonts.

Edit: It seems to be a problem with DVDPlayer. No problems with external players and DSPlayer.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - voyagerxp - 2016-01-07

Hi i've been using this software for a while now but never used the shell option. Today i set the shell setting and when i supposed to go in the desktop i get the the shell black screen but when kodi started it was in windowed mode and not full screen. Anyone know how to sort this.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - saustark - 2016-01-08

Hello,
maybe my question sounds a little stupid.
But is there any way to tell Launcher4Kodi to grant focus to windows 10 Netflix app ?
These apps donĀ“t have a exe, bat or com file so i cant really link to it as an external app or player.

I created a batch file to start the Netflix app and want to link to this file in Kodi (which is no problem) but as Kodi is generally focused it will "hide" the Netflix app, i think
is there any workaround ?

BTW I am using Launcher4Kodi to start Kodi as a shell

many thanks in advance

W10 and netflix - Cassiuss - 2016-01-10

Hello everyone,

I was a big fan of Openelec for my 2 NUC's. But I also became a fan of Netflix (mainly because of my kids), and those 2 don't go well together.. So after saying goodbye to windows completely for a few years I now have windows up and running on my NUC. Because my focus was on Netflix I stumbled on the Netflixbmc and Flix2kodi addons, and basically focused all my attention there. Somewhere in this process I came accross Launcher4kodi that I am using to start Kodi automatically when I switch my NUC on.. Now I am in the process of installing windows with Kodi and Netflix on my second NUC and I believe there is a better solution for everything I am trying to do..

In my bedroom I am starting Kodi with launcher4kodi (not as a shell) and I am using the flix2kodi addon for Netflix. It is ok, but e.g. does not support 5.1 (which I would like in my living room)

What I would ideally like:
- Start Kodi automatically
- Be able to switch to Netflix with my remote, either with a specific button for it(I can program any keypress on my harmony), or by exiting Kodi and selecting Netflix from (MCE remote selected on my harmony) Prefereably with 1080p and 5.1
- If possible: navigate in the Netflix app with my harmony remote. Or perhaps with my PS3 controller if a MCE remote will not work

Is this possible with launcher4kodi?

I have been busy for a few weeks on my NUC upstairs to get things the way I want them, so I am really just hoping to save some time here and not going through this trial and error stage again... I did search this thread for "netflix" and now believe that everything I want is already possible with launcher4kodi. I am a comple windows noob, since I said goodbye to windows after Vista. W10 seems much better, but the metrolauncher etc. does not mean much te me... I don't know if it is a windows option, if it is something I have to install etc.. I found this website though http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/downloads/windows-8-metro-app-launchers/ But still not sure if this is the actual Metrolauncher that is ofter referred to or if this is something I need to add netflix to this Metro start page.. I don't expect a full guide but would very much like some guidance in the right direction...

- Which parts of launcher4kodi will I need to get what i want?
- If I run Kodi as a shell (and allow explorer.exe like I read somewhere in this thread), what will happen when I press exit kodi? Will it go to this Metro page (shown on the 1st post of this thread?)
- How do I setup this Metro startup page?

From this other threads (netflixbmc and flix2kodi) I know I am not the only one going back to windows to setup netflix combined with Kodi, so I am sure a lot of people will be helped with a very short "noob guide"

Hope someone will be so kind to help me with this setup...

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Beton1975 - 2016-01-10

(2016-01-10, 15:50)Cassiuss Wrote: What I would ideally like:
- Start Kodi automatically
- Be able to switch to Netflix with my remote, either with a specific button for it(I can program any keypress on my harmony), or by exiting Kodi and selecting Netflix from (MCE remote selected on my harmony) Prefereably with 1080p and 5.1
- If possible: navigate in the Netflix app with my harmony remote. Or perhaps with my PS3 controller if a MCE remote will not work

Hi,

this is exactly what I want to do. I found this perfect plugin for the netflix app:
http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/
that one just has to start and close from kodi with a remote. After closing it, it has to go to the back to Kodi.
Without the Advances Launcher plugin, I still see no way how to do it. I will try and let you know if I find anything out!

Best Regards,
Daniel

XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus an... - saustark - 2016-01-11

Nice tool, Beton 1975. Will try that out tomorrow. I am stuck at the point that kodi is still stealing the focus from the Netflix app even i added it (as a metrolauncher exe) to launcher4kodis settings to prevent kodis focus. I am running launcher4Kodi as a shell

netflix - Cassiuss - 2016-01-11

(2016-01-10, 23:29)Beton1975 Wrote: Hi,

this is exactly what I want to do. I found this perfect plugin for the netflix app:
http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/
that one just has to start and close from kodi with a remote. After closing it, it has to go to the back to Kodi.
Without the Advances Launcher plugin, I still see no way how to do it. I will try and let you know if I find anything out!

Best Regards,
Daniel

Yes, I just found out about this app as well! Looks nice, still have to work out the details (was not able to ffwd/rew yet, but might have to do with my settings). At least I got a perfect 1080p full screen and 5.1 DD+ and that is what i was looking for!

(2016-01-11, 01:11)saustark Wrote: Nice tool, Beton 1975. Will try that out tomorrow. I am stuck at the point that kodi is still stealing the focus from the Netflix app even i added it (as a metrolauncher exe) to launcher4kodis settings to prevent kodis focus. I am running launcher4Kodi as a shell

Yes I think you should be able to set this in launcher4kodi, but I am not really familiar with all the options there yet... If I have time I'll tinker with it today and come back with any results... Together I am sure we'll manage..

EDIT: are you both on W10?? Is this metro launcher only for W8 or also for W10?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Beton1975 - 2016-01-11

Hi,

yes I am on W10. On W8 the fullscreen Metro Apps were the default situation. With W10 the Netflix App isn't fullscreen anymore.

What I still can't figure out is how to start the Netflix App (or the progamm from above) from within Kodi? How are you doing that? Advanced Launcher doesn't install for me (Jarvis).

Also e.g. the pause button doesn't work for me yet. I will tinker with MCE Remote today to get to fix this.

I started the "Netflix Remote Controller" with the option "stopbuttonquits" and don't have any focus problems and can get back to Kodi that way. Still haven't figured out the other way (getting from Kodi to "Netflix Remote Controller".

Best Regards,
Daniel