Kodi Community Forum
Pivos Xios DS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Pivos Xios DS (/showthread.php?tid=136852)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Pivos Xios DS - j1nx - 2013-01-02

Don't refer to is as J1nx firmware. I have done nothing for that build other then removing the product check on install.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - okey - 2013-01-02

sorry

RE: Pivos Xios DS - eljeh - 2013-01-02

Is anyone else having issues with skins (addons)? I try to install a new skin and it says "Dependents Not Met". I'm running the latest release of XBMC-Linux for M3. I get the same issue for a M1 machine when I try to install new skins, the MQ3 skin that I installed on that months age will not install on on the M3 machine.

Is this an XBMC issue? A skin issue? anyone know what I can do to fix it?

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 16:55)eljeh Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with skins (addons)? I try to install a new skin and it says "Dependents Not Met". I'm running the latest release of XBMC-Linux for M3. I get the same issue for a M1 machine when I try to install new skins, the MQ3 skin that I installed on that months age will not install on on the M3 machine.

Is this an XBMC issue? A skin issue? anyone know what I can do to fix it?

talk to the skin author and get him to update it.

But it doesn't seem like its just that skin. Back Row says that its "Broken", Transparency! does too....... when I go to get new skins, all the skins have Broken next to them.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - davilla - 2013-01-02

yep, lots of skins need to be updated. That's why they have 'broken' next to them.

LOL, ok I'll look in to it on the skin author side...... thanks for your reply(s)!!!!!

RE: Pivos Xios DS - mprez333 - 2013-01-02

I went ahead and ordered my Xios, but now I'm waiting what feels like an eternity on shipping to play around with it (it's been about three days and two of them were New Year's Eve/New Years).

That said, I am still hoping for opinions from anyone on whether they prefer the WatchESPN app from the Google Play store or if the WatchESPN app for XBMC (running a Linux distro) is better. The ultimate goal is XBMC, but that one particular app is very important and until I get my Xios I am just hoping to find out if an XBMC Linux distro running the app will function well or if just sticking with the Google Play app is better.

I know I'd prefer to launch everything from XBMC and run the Linux distro, but obviously whatever works takes the cake. Thanks for any replies.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - Robgue - 2013-01-02

The espn3 plugin (Bluecop) under linux works well for me. Once you set it up correctly it's pretty solid.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - mprez333 - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-02, 18:01)Robgue Wrote: The espn3 plugin (Bluecop) under linux works well for me. Once you set it up correctly it's pretty solid.

Great. I really appreciate the feedback. Wish the thing would get here already so I could get to messing with it!

RE: Pivos Xios DS - jpcolin - 2013-01-04

I was wondering if I could control the pivios ( on android) with a touchscreen monitor?
I would like to connect it to an elo touchscreen with dvi and usb(for the touch)
This way the box could replace a windows pc.
Thank you

RE: Pivos Xios DS - Robgue - 2013-01-05

In response to the ESPN question. Assuming you have the settings correct, look at the espn bluecop thread, it'll work. If you have it set up on another xbmc box just copy those files over. Well userdata.xml and cookies.lwp. .

RE: Pivos Xios DS - nc88keyz - 2013-01-05

Is amazon shipping the newer Pivos boxes yet? I noticed they are on sale at 99 today prime.

Looks like i have 30 conversion dollars at best buy for amazon gc and 18 in amazon rewards.

Could be a nice project for 50 bucks. Can get another 15 with some recylables at BB right now.

RE: Pivos Xios DS - Dillsnik - 2013-01-05

how would this box compare to a JB ATV?

what are some pro's / con's ? i bought the xios but i haven't found it to be a very smooth experience thus far, running linux

RE: Pivos Xios DS - sevusal - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-05, 01:52)nc88keyz Wrote: Is amazon shipping the newer Pivos boxes yet?

I am curious, which newer version you are referring to? I thought Pivos Xios DS is the latest box.