Kodi Community Forum
Updating video scrapers for Frodo - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: Updating video scrapers for Frodo (/showthread.php?tid=142785)

Updating video scrapers for Frodo - jmarshall - 2012-10-15

Hi all,

Scrapers can now optionally provide an "aspect" flag on the <thumb> URLs they provide XBMC. At the moment "banner" and "poster" are supported. i.e. instead of:

<thumb>url</thumb>

you should return (when you know the aspect ratio of the image, ofcourse)

<thumb aspect="poster">url</thumb>

TheTVDB.com scraper has been updated, but this doesn't just apply to tv - movies scrapers could return different image types, though I suspect they'll all be returning "poster" in general. Music scrapers will probably just return thumb sized images (album cover, artist art tends to be square) so in that case using "thumb" is preferable.

So:

"banner" if it's a wide banner image, like thetvdb.com uses for show banners.
"poster" if it's a tall poster image, like thetvdb.com's posters or themoviedb.org.
"thumb" for everything else typically - this is optional, you don't need the aspect flag present - if it's not present, XBMC will assume it's a thumb.

Cheers,
Jonathan

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - zag - 2012-10-16

Great improvement!

Music banners are available on fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com metadata sites.

Movie Banners are available on fanart.tv

The aspect ratio for all banners should be 5.4 and is usually 1000x185px at source

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - Martijn - 2012-10-16

(2012-10-16, 23:38)zag Wrote: Great improvement!

Music banners are available on fanart.tv and theaudiodb.com metadata sites.

Movie Bannders are available on fanart.tv

uhm those can't be scraped because banners is only for tvshows or did i miss the fact they are globally added?

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - jmarshall - 2012-10-17

Yes, tvshows only atm for banners. poster is supported by movies.

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - un1versal - 2012-10-21

Your tvdb scraper with the updated code form your repo is version 1.2.5 however the wiki page and the addon says its at 1.3.1 in trunk says its at 1.2.4, just thought I would mention this, because somewhere either by my PEBCAK or someone else this is going to cause some confusion/issues.

no disruption meant.

idk if the versions even matter but if you compile form git the addon repo is tvdb 1.3.1 if override with jmarshall addon to get proper data the autoupdate will override it, solution is to disable it or change the version nr.

uNi

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - jmarshall - 2012-10-22

Noone should be using my repository as everything is in the main repo. I simply supplied it temporarily until it was in the repo.

Further, anything in mainline master is overridden by everything in the main repo.

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - un1versal - 2012-10-22

compiling from git, and using as is will not supply the updated addon, the repo version is not updated to include these "enhancements" if it is its not working, so alternative is to override

so if not using your addon (not repo) i still only get old addon and incomplete data, since Im on pre frodo

The discrepancy exists even if not using your addon, not your repo

So yes your correct, mainline master is getting overridden with old version, now I dont want or am using old version. SO how can one use new version?

uNi

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - jmarshall - 2012-10-23

Again, the scraper is available in the main Xbmc add on repository. Just wait for it t update, or grab the update directly through the add on manager,

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - un1versal - 2012-10-23

it updates to 1.3.1 (which is older addon version) and then all improvements are lost. manually or automatically.

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - Martijn - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-23, 07:59)uNiversal Wrote: it updates to 1.3.1 (which is older addon version) and then all improvements are lost. manually or automatically.

wrong. scraper have been updated like it should!

ok, can you post a link to that repo where this is happened please?

uNi

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - Martijn - 2012-10-23

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/

ok thanks

RE: Updating video scrapers for Frodo - Bozan - 2014-07-01

Hi,

How I have to set the <thumb>url</thumb> with its aspect and ratio to be displayed as background image?

The aspect="poster" attribute is working fine for me, but background images are not shown.