Kodi Community Forum
cannot scrape tv shows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: cannot scrape tv shows (/showthread.php?tid=149869)

Pages: 1 2

cannot scrape tv shows - toki5 - 2012-12-28

i have tried multiple scrapers, put multiple ways for the scraper to read the files, ie s01e01, [1x01], 1 x 1 with episode name in folder of series. nothing seems to work for the scraprs to read it correctly.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - TRaSH - 2012-12-28

must be something with your naming,
do you got your series setup in seperate serie/seasonXX folders ?
check the wiki how it should be named/setup.

my tv shows use the shownameSXXEXX.mkv option

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - artrafael - 2012-12-28

It also helps for diagnosis if you post an example of your actual show folder name and episode name so others can see if there are issues with your naming convention or if there' some quirk with the way the show/episodes are named on the scraper site.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - Pulch - 2012-12-29

Is this just one show out of many that are scraping correctly, or all of your TV shows?

If it's all of them, I hate to suggest something as silly as making sure you have the folders set as TV shows.
Click 'c' for context in the file view, go to 'Change content' and make sure you have the folder set as TV shows, that you have an active scraper, and that it's not set to exclude.

Even if you have the parent directory set correctly, the subfolders may not be set right. Based on what little you've said about your naming structure, it doesn't sound like the file names are the problem.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - toki5 - 2012-12-29

Well, it was all shows but one th wouldnt scrape, now it seems that all of them wont scrape. The way i have it setup is the series on foldr name, for example monty python - almost the truth (the lawyer's cut), that is the folder name, then for episodes i have it, s01e01 name of episode, also tried it with [1x01] name of episode, or 1 x 1 name of episode, as it is listed on tvdb. soooooo.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - artrafael - 2012-12-30

I created a folder named monty python - almost the truth (the lawyer's cut) and placed the following dummy files in them:
Code:
s01e01.avi
s01e02.avi
s01e03 And Now the Sordid Personal Bits.avi
s01e04 The Ultimate Holy Grail Episode.avi
I scanned my top-level "TV shows" folder for new content (using TVDB scraper) and it added the show and all four of these episodes to my video library.
  • Are you using the "Update library" or "Scan for new content" option? Try the latter.
  • Are you doing your scans from a top-level "TV shows" folder or from the individual show's folders (e.g., from the "monty python - almost the truth (the lawyer's cut)" folder in your example)?

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - Pulch - 2012-12-30

What artrafael said. XBMC should even scan and add the shows if you click 'i' on the folders in the file view.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - fsampei - 2012-12-30

I have problems with the TV series in frodo 12rc2, does not recognize some. If I go back to version 11 back all okay.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - artrafael - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 13:22)fsampei Wrote: I have problems with the TV series in frodo 12rc2, does not recognize some. If I go back to version 11 back all okay.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but how exactly does that help the OP with his problem? He never said he was running Frodo.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - toki5 - 2012-12-31

Im sorry, I am running eden, I dont want to even try frodo until it is the stable release. I will try to rescrape when I done with what Im trying to do with my files. I will post after I give it a shot. Thanks for the help those. I will keep you poasted

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - clubwerks - 2012-12-31

Are you sure you set the content to TV shows?

Re: cannot scrape tv shows - bape2609 - 2012-12-31

Sounds like the same problem I'm having. Check my previous posts....

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - toki5 - 2012-12-31

have changed the scrapers to tv shows. Used two different ones. tvdb and one other one. I cant try it with themonty python rightnow as i am changing formats with it. I have however tried with two other programs, which arent a series, but one off shows. eddie murhy - one night only and simpsons 20th anniversary special in 3d on ice. neither one are scanning. i have tried putting the exact name of show, the s1e01, the 1 x 3, as is the case with eddie murphy, and [1x01], neither one is scanning. I am a little frustrated with it. I mean i can get them from files list, it would just be so much nicer if i could scan iti n and get th info wit art n so on.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - artrafael - 2012-12-31

Try the Monty Python one first and, once that's working, we can then shift focus to your one-off shows. Use the TVDB as the scraper and follow my example above, which is based on your naming convention. If you just jump from one thing to another without addressing your initial problem, then you'll just get more frustrated with nothing getting resolved.

RE: cannot scrape tv shows - toki5 - 2013-01-01

ok, tried to redo monty python - almost the truth. They a dvd folders. I set it up just like you did, without the avi at the end, everything else is exactly the same. There is no art, plus when I try to show the show information, it just says querying show info from tvdb, then the keyboard pops up then the same thing over and over, so no info either..
ok, I can get the info for the entire show, it doesnt show episode or anything, i have to change the name of the show after the querying section. I try to change the episode info and it shows up as the episode it is,, but doesnt read inthe main file to choose from. Also, I cannot get it to show art, or thumb on the main folder