Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only (/showthread.php?tid=150880)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - ShadowTek - 2013-04-03

Yeah true..

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Thugbear - 2013-04-03

I personally love the new options Smile Looks slick!

But I might have a little issue with the latest GIT - the extrafanart option for movies and tv series is not working anymore. I can turn it on, but the extrafanart doesn't show.

It does when I revert to the 4.0.9 though...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - crimsonfury - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-03, 03:13)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2013-01-12, 00:35)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-12, 00:31)TheImmortal Wrote: Normally unless the skin is modified to display it, your Plex library doesn't show up under Movies and TV Shows. Only your local library would show up there and you have to browse the Plex library separately by accessing it through Video Addons.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:PleXBMC

then it should work. just try it, no need to ask questions Wink

I know this is old, but can we get Recent Added and On Deck(In Progress) as widgets or get the current widgets to work with Plex on the homescreen?

I fiddled with this all last night until like 3am, lol. I can't figure it out.

Phil and Noid,
Is it possible to make a smartplaylist from a video addon or a links from inside the video addon? This is the only way I see the widgets working with my Plexbmc links on the HomeMenu.

I have my Plex link to "All Movies" set to "Movies" on the homemenu through the Plexbmc video addon. I do this by installing the addon and it finds my media from the Plex Media Server. Then I go into Aeon Nox's homemenu settings and edit a custom link and "Choose Type" use a video node/Videoaddon/ then I dial down into "All Movies" for one menu item and then "All TV Shows" for another and so on.... But since these are videoaddon links widgets won't recognize new episodes or "in progress". I did however use the Icon Panel for a widget and just link to the Plex link for new episodes and "In Progress"(On Deck).

So since it is a link in the video addon, can this be an option to link the normal widgets to video addons and not just playlists?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - phil65 - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-03, 22:45)Thugbear Wrote: I personally love the new options Smile Looks slick!

But I might have a little issue with the latest GIT - the extrafanart option for movies and tv series is not working anymore. I can turn it on, but the extrafanart doesn't show.

yeah i changed something in that aspect. script.extendedinfo can add extrathumbs/extrafanart to database. (which means better performance and no hard disk spin up when browsing) can be done by starting script.extendedinfo from "programs" section.
it´s not definite that it will be the final solution though, so, as usual, I recommend to stay with the repo version.

(2013-04-03, 21:30)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 23:53)phil65 Wrote: I pushed a lot of updates recently concerning a script i wote. ( available here)
I´m too lazy to list all changes + show screenshots so if someone here follows git progress and knows what´s new feel free to show some images.
small example: new features for moviesets

all this new stuff will also delay the next nox version a bit, sorry for that.

I hate to say this but in my opinion this bloats the skin, this script causes everything to move like its underwater and load too slow, the features look cool (Don't use movie sets personally though) removing the script returns nox to its original speed however. I knew Id hit a point where I like nox the way it is and not need to update it anymore, I think I'm at that point. Personally I'll pass on this one but good work, Thanks for all the hard work. This is just my opinion though so its worth about a grain of salt lol.

those daemons running in the background (namely script.extendedinfo and script.videolanguage) will stay optional. it´s correct that they potentially affect performance. I couldn´t really spot a noticable difference on my 2 machines though.

and if you´re happy with the actual version then you should just stop updating Wink

(2013-04-03, 22:53)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 03:13)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2013-01-12, 00:35)phil65 Wrote: then it should work. just try it, no need to ask questions Wink

I know this is old, but can we get Recent Added and On Deck(In Progress) as widgets or get the current widgets to work with Plex on the homescreen?

Phil and Noid,
Is it possible to make a smartplaylist from a video addon or a links from inside the video addon? This is the only way I see the widgets working with my Plexbmc links on the HomeMenu.

I have my Plex link to "All Movies" set to "Movies" on the homemenu through the Plexbmc video addon. I do this by installing the addon and it finds my media from the Plex Media Server. Then I go into Aeon Nox's homemenu settings and edit a custom link and "Choose Type" use a video node/Videoaddon/ then I dial down into "All Movies" for one menu item and then "All TV Shows" for another and so on.... But since these are videoaddon links widgets won't recognize new episodes or "in progress". I did however use the Icon Panel for a widget and just link to the Plex link for new episodes and "In Progress"(On Deck).

So since it is a link in the video addon, can this be an option to link the normal widgets to video addons and not just playlists?

this is not a plex forum...

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - CaptainKen - 2013-04-04

Wow the new movie sets feature looks awesome! And last night I just stumbled upon Brentosmith's DVD Extras you've also incorporated!! DVD Extras was the missing link for me! Too much beta testing at work, so when at home I just need everything to work...I'll be patiently waiting your stable release.

Thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - mikebzh44 - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-03, 09:48)mikebzh44 Wrote: Phil,

Sorry to bother you with fonts issues :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150880&pid=1385528#pid1385528

But I'm looking deeper and I'm focused on this screen :

In Includes_WidgetLayout.xml, title line is defined this way :

Code:
<control type="label">
    <posx>38</posx>
    <width>1050</width>
    <height>45</height>
    <label>$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Label]</label>
    <font>Font_Reg40_Caps</font>
    <scroll>true</scroll>
</control>

So Font_Reg40_Caps is used to render title.

But if I look into Font.xml, I can find 7 differents (+1 for Korean) Font_Reg40_Caps defined.

So, which one is used ?

Strange thing, uppercase é and other accented letters are defined for each font provided :

Phil.

Any clue ?

Could you just tell me which font is used for displaying movie title on widget infopannel. I known that is Font_Reg40_Caps but as it's defined several times in font.xml i'm puzzled.

I'm trying to understand why Aeon Nox have no problem with accented characters on Windows (and I think Ubuntu) and have one on OpenELEC.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - crimsonfury - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 01:39)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 22:45)Thugbear Wrote: I personally love the new options Smile Looks slick!

yeah i changed something in that aspect. script.extendedinfo can add extrathumbs/extrafanart to database. (which means better performance and no hard disk spin up when browsing) can be done by starting script.extendedinfo from "programs" section.
it´s not definite that it will be the final solution though, so, as usual, I recommend to stay with the repo version.

(2013-04-03, 21:30)ShadowTek Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 23:53)phil65 Wrote: I pushed a lot of updates recently concerning a script i wote. ( available here)
I´m too lazy to list all changes + show screenshots so if someone here follows git progress and knows what´s new feel free to show some images.
small example: new features for moviesets

all this new stuff will also delay the next nox version a bit, sorry for that.

I hate to say this but in my opinion this bloats the skin, this script causes everything to move like its underwater and load too slow, the features look cool (Don't use movie sets personally though) removing the script returns nox to its original speed however. I knew Id hit a point where I like nox the way it is and not need to update it anymore, I think I'm at that point. Personally I'll pass on this one but good work, Thanks for all the hard work. This is just my opinion though so its worth about a grain of salt lol.

those daemons running in the background (namely script.extendedinfo and script.videolanguage) will stay optional. it´s correct that they potentially affect performance. I couldn´t really spot a noticable difference on my 2 machines though.

and if you´re happy with the actual version then you should just stop updating Wink

(2013-04-03, 22:53)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 03:13)crimsonfury Wrote: I know this is old, but can we get Recent Added and On Deck(In Progress) as widgets or get the current widgets to work with Plex on the homescreen?

Phil and Noid,

This doesn't just apply to plex. It applies to all video addons being able to have widgets work for them. Like youtube having recent videos in your subscription show in a widget!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Thugbear - 2013-04-04

Ah, thanks for the clarification (and time you take to do so). I did use the script.extendedinfo and added the extrathumbs/extrafanart to the library. Or at least I ran the script through programs. It still doesn't seem to work. No big issue, not big enough to forgo the latest GIT with all the options and new things to fiddle with. Cool

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - BigNoid - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 09:57)crimsonfury Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 22:53)crimsonfury Wrote: I fiddled with this all last night until like 3am, lol. I can't figure it out.

Phil and Noid,

This doesn't just apply to plex. It applies to all video addons being able to have widgets work for them. Like youtube having recent videos in your subscription show in a widget!

That can only work if either the video addons are in the video library or if they each separately publish properties to use for widgets. Until that time, nothing can be done in the skin.

(2013-04-04, 09:19)mikebzh44 Wrote: Phil.

Any clue ?

Could you just tell me which font is used for displaying movie title on widget infopannel. I known that is Font_Reg40_Caps but as it's defined several times in font.xml i'm puzzled.

I'm trying to understand why Aeon Nox have no problem with accented characters on Windows (and I think Ubuntu) and have one on OpenELEC.

Thanks.
That is because we dont have a specific uppercase font, but we make use of the uppercase style in font.xml. Supposedly if the locale on the OS is set the same as XBMC it should work okay, but I myself havent been able to get it right on Android for example. On my Windows machines everything is fine btw.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - nick w - 2013-04-04

How do i enable ExtraFan art?

Thanks
N

(2013-04-04, 12:17)Big_Noid Wrote:

Any clue ?

Thanks.
That is because we dont have a specific uppercase font, but we make use of the uppercase style in font.xml. Supposedly if the locale on the OS is set the same as XBMC it should work okay, but I myself havent been able to get it right on Android for example. On my Windows machines everything is fine btw.
You mean that if I set my Linux locale to French (as XBMC is set to French), it will be OK ?

The strange thing is that uppercase accented characters are not displayed for movie title on widget infopannel for example but main menu uppercase items "séries tv", "météo" or "vidéo" are OK :

That why I don't understand why some labels are OK and other not. Or Main menu items don't use MC360 font.

One of our french use have fixed the problem by using BebasNeue.ttf instead of MC360.ttf in font.xml and another one have edit MC360.ttf font to fix the problem. I ask him to send me his modified font to compare it with AE standard one.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - BigNoid - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 13:32)mikebzh44 Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 12:17)Big_Noid Wrote:

Any clue ?

Thanks.
You mean that if I set my Linux locale to French (as XBMC is set to French), it will be OK ?

The strange thing is that uppercase accented characters are not displayed for movie title on widget infopannel for example but main menu uppercase items "séries tv", "météo" or "vidéo" are OK :

That why I don't understand why some labels are OK and other not. Or Main menu items don't use MC360 font.

One of our french use have fixed the problem by using BebasNeue.ttf instead of MC360.ttf in font.xml and another one have edit MC360.ttf font to fix the problem. I ask him to send me his modified font to compare it with AE standard one.
On the mainmenu its okay, because the french translator put that string in capitals. The widget content is not hardcoded, so its using the uppercase style provided by XBMC.

Clever !!

Another user have fix the problem by changing the default police to "Greek optimized" in XBMC settings.

I will try the differents settings (OpenSans, Ubuntu, ...) on my OpenELEC HTPC this evening Wink

Thanks for your explanation.

"Greek optimized" do the job and more because you can create a custom menu labelled cinéma and main menu item will be labeled CINÉMA and not CINéMA.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 - Aemstel - 2013-04-04

Hi,

I'm using latest git versions of the skin and extended info script and have a small problem. With sets for example, it shows "3 minutes" everywhere (see bottom screenshot). Also, I can't change the infopanel mode. It's stuck on manual.