Kodi Community Forum
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod (/showthread.php?tid=160184)

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-06-29

Afraid sources can only be one type of content, you could try to fool XBMC by setting up a directory as a TVShow, and then linking your documentary movies as part of that TVShow. Just an idea - never tried it

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - thebearnecessit - 2013-06-30

mudislander, can yous ee any reason at around 10:37:57 why im losing all my backgrounds and my home screen addon icons?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33339

all i did was press x on my keyboard to stop a last.fm stream. its happened a few times now, but obviously ive no idea if its skin specific.

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - enhsuh - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-19, 19:08)Mudislander Wrote:

I love this mod Blush at it works well on my Rpi (overclock profile: high) with OpenELEC 3.0.6. Can anybody tell me how to show the GPU temp like it is shown in this screenshot? Huh On my device I see "Drive: Unavailable" (I am using a Samba share for my media).

Thank you Wink

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-06-30

@enhsuh GPU Temp will automatically show if your system is capable of reporting temperature.

BTW the error in the screenshot - "GPU::" - fixed in next update

@thebearnecessit - Sorry no idea, can see where it happened but don't know enough about the hardware etc to understand why. Try asking the question in a more platform specific forum.

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - jakks - 2013-06-30

(2013-06-30, 12:48)enhsuh Wrote:

I love this mod Blush at it works well on my Rpi (overclock profile: high) with OpenELEC 3.0.6. Can anybody tell me how to show the GPU temp like it is shown in this screenshot? Huh On my device I see "Drive: Unavailable" (I am using a Samba share for my media).

Thank you Wink

Where is this mod? i cant find any options within the skin

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Stigmata1823 - 2013-06-30

I have all my kids movies in a seperate folder from my other movies and want to add a kids movies folder to the home menu and be able to just share the kids movies folder I have shared in smb? Anyone any ideas? Cheers stig

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Mudislander - 2013-07-01

Still need help with this one if anyone would like to give it a try. We've got the UK images but still need German, Aussie etc. Also any interesting "watched" checks couldn't hurt.

(2013-04-28, 09:07)Mudislander Wrote: I'm totally useless at creating images and would like some help with a few small .png files for "Confluence Custom Mod"

I'd like to expand on the age ratings presently shown by Confluence, but would like them to match the present MPAA style in use by the skin.

So I need images for other countries eg: UK = U, 12, 12A, PG, 15, 18, R18 and AUS G, M, MA, PG, R, X plus GER FSK 0, FSK 6, FSK 12, FSK 16, FSK 18 etc.

If anyone's willing to help please shout out. You can have a free copy of the MOD for your trouble Big Grin

(2013-06-30, 22:03)Stigmata1823 Wrote: I have all my kids movies in a seperate folder from my other movies and want to add a kids movies folder to the home menu and be able to just share the kids movies folder I have shared in smb? Anyone any ideas? Cheers stig

Mod is capable of using usual methods eg Playlists, Nodes, Video folders etc. You'll have to search the forum for different methods suggested & then go with the one that suits you best.

Just out of interest, how many of you guys keep the menu bar in the raised position eg Original Confluence ?

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - Vimes - 2013-07-01

I keep the menu bar lowered and love the option to do that.

Those who keep it raised probably do not know that it can be lowered Big Grin

It's now the default on new installs to be lowered & I prefer it that way. Was wondering because there's a lot of code for item placement & button directions all trying to decide if the menu is up or down. Would be cleaner & quicker if all removed. In a nutshell shout out if you keep the menu raised & prefer it there Big Grin

(2013-06-30, 18:06)jakks Wrote:
(2013-06-30, 12:48)enhsuh Wrote:

Thank you Wink

Where is this mod? i cant find any options within the skin

You'll have to expand on that. Are you using the MOD and want to find a setting ? Are you on Confluence & want this MOD ?

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - figasse - 2013-07-01

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to xbmc skinning, thanks for all the time you guys spend at expanding the capabilities of xbmc, mostly to our enjoyment ;o)

I have been checking this thread with interest as I started with confluence (a great skin, could not find any better), but lacked the possibility to customise the Home menu.
I installed your mod, it's a great mod ! Quickly I was able to change the home menu and remove what I did not want there - if this was your goal, you've achieved it, thumbs up for that Wink

About adding or moving stuff around though - it's not clear how to do it from the skin configuration panel. For example I would like to add the add-on 'TV Show - next aired' in the menu under 'TV Shows'. I would also like to add a 'Kids' menu that would point to a specific folder. I realise that you probably don't have time to write tutorials on how to use your MOD, any help would be appreciated though Big Grin

Cheers

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - figasse - 2013-07-01

Actually, I figured out how to make some changes already:

- To make a custom TV-Show menu with an incorporated add-on (here, 'TV Show - next aired'), you need to get to System -> Skin, define a Sub menu (i.e. use one of the 2 already available 'User Selection', add the Add-on ('TV Show - next aired' which needs to be installed) as 'SubMenu Item 1' , append the 'TV Show' menu as 'Submenu item 2'. Once done, refer to that 'User Selection' in the Home Menu -> Submenu set that you want to have on your Home menu (and call that Menu the way you would like to call it'.

- Kids should not be any more difficult!

Cheers

Unfortunately help files are way down on the list & boring todo Big Grin

It's basically the same to change any menu option eg: for your query of changing a TVShow submenu item -

First go into the settings page for the "Home Menu Buttons"and check which "Submenu" set you're using for "TVShows as per screenie - which shows the default TVshows submenu

Then go into the settings page for "Submenu Items" find the correct set - as in our example "TVshows" and choose which item you want to edit. I've chosen "Titles" below in the screenie

By clicking on the selected item a new menu will slide out with various choices, as your request was for "Next Aired" select addons as per screenie below

If you've installed the addon "Next Aired" it will be in the list of addons presented (as below) Select it and you're done

Edit I see you figured it out, while I was doing this post Smile Probably best way for Kids menu is to use a SmartPlaylist

RE: Confluence Customizable Mod - jmh2002 - 2013-07-01

(2013-06-28, 15:53)Mudislander Wrote:
Important

Just a warning - next update due out in a day or two - will break your Home Screen Addons. You will need to note which addons you have where and redo them after updating the MOD.

There will now be the possibility of 5 sets of addons with 5 items in each. this includes any items you have added as a favourite. Unfortunately the existing internal code structure & labelling needs to be changed to accommodate this and therefore old settings cannot be shown.

I took the update last night and I must say it is now totally and unbelievably awesome!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking my suggestions about favourites, etc and running with it to add BOTH favourites into the Home Panel, AND a favourites widget... WOW !!!!

Mudislander, you have truly outdone yourself! The possibility for mix and match customisation is now huge. Its amazing. THANKS!!!

I have a few questions which can be requests if it is not too much work:

- Is it possible to be able to edit AddOn names when adding them to a Home Screen Panel?
(same like when we add them to a SubMenu)

- If the Play Action is set to 'Choose' can the various widgets also respect this and show the small Play / Show Information / More pop up menu?

- I dont know about everyone else but I have always found the stock xbmc weather to be quite clumsy and inconvenient when it comes to quickly viewing different weather locations. What do you think about adding some arrows (maybe either side of the location text) on the new weather widget that you just made?

Regarding your question about the Home Screen Main Menu Bar, I can confirm that I also ONLY use it in the custom lowered position.

Thanks again for all your hard work! Smile Smile

U're welcome - The Favourites widget was actually an afterthought and just chucked on. It'll show your top 10 favourites, shuffle them on your favourites list to put them up/down/on/off the widget. for those that like fanart (ME!!!) on the Git version or next update there is an option for a "Favourites Fanart Path" Create a folder point to it with the option and put in a jpg fanart image named exactly as your Favourite and it'll show up as a background on the Home Screen.

Re your suggestions - I agree with the weather, unfortunately have never had any luck in getting different locations outside of the weather page. Same for the "Choose" action for media. If you've seen anyone manage to do it, let me know & I'll look at their code.

I also agree that the Addon names need to be able to be edited as per the rest of the menu system. Will get around to it when I get a chance.