Kodi Community Forum
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences (/showthread.php?tid=170791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Packetcrypt - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 04:52)gnik Wrote: Hi all,
Just bought myself the mygica ATV 520. However, i'm having issues with the unit when I hook it up with the AV amp (Denon 1911). My TV receives no signal.

It works ok if i'm connecting the ATV 520 directly to the TV. Can anyone here help me on this?

Thanks.

So you have the HDMI cable going directly to the Amp from the 520 and an HDMI going from the amp to the Tv? Make sure that the amp is tuned to the same source ( cable, Sat, DVD , BluRay etc.. ) that the 520 is plugged in to. Once connected and on the correct input try unplugging the unit and plugging it back in to see if the Tv detects it.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gnik - 2013-11-18

Tried it already. There is once I manage to get distorted images (with the start page selection). After that not anymore.

My other devices (PS3, realtek media player) are working fine with the AV amp. Basically I just unplug the cable from PS3, plug it into 520. Nothing shown up. Replug the cable to PS3 and it's working fine.
Switches between all video output settings still no luck. Possible that I have a defect unit? but it has display if i connect it directly to the TV.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gimbert - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-17, 23:04)redi Wrote: I haven't tried the other firmware so I'm not sure. I'm using the latest as well. I've tried some 1080 mkv that run around 10 to 12 mbit and they seem to play fine. I haven't watched them all the way through though. If you press o while playing do you see dropped frames when the video pauses?

My guess is that this is not a problem about the resolution but about the bitrates or codecs. I have 1080 mkv files with a bitrate of ~30Mbps and depending on the movie I noticed the following issues:
1. The device starts playing them correctly but after a while (around 20 min) video starts to stop for a couple of seconds and then recovers.
2. The device starts playing them correctly after a bit of buffering (around 5-10 seconds). However every some minutes (around 10) it starts buffering again.
3. The device starts playing them but video stops every 5 seconds for a couple of seconds. This maybe an issue with codec. However I can correctly watch this film in my windows computer with VLC, in a multimedia HD player from Iomega, ...

If I play a film with lower bitrates (less than 10 Mbps), them it is fine.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2013-11-18

and you are sure that the buffering isn't due to network performance?

I don't have a lot of 1080p content (the majority is 720) but for the 1080 that I do have, everything plays fine, except for one file. and for that I'm not getting any buffering it's just jumpy like it's playing every 5th frame or something, I think it's a codec issue. but like I mentioned my SMB performace is topping out around 18mbit so anything with a bitrate lower than that seems to play fine (except for the one file I mentioned). I've only tried one high bitrate file (40mbit, but only 30 seconds long) and I couldn't play through it without it buffering in the middle, but for me it is my SMB performance for sure.

(2013-11-18, 07:38)gnik Wrote: Tried it already. There is once I manage to get distorted images (with the start page selection). After that not anymore.

My other devices (PS3, realtek media player) are working fine with the AV amp. Basically I just unplug the cable from PS3, plug it into 520. Nothing shown up. Replug the cable to PS3 and it's working fine.
Switches between all video output settings still no luck. Possible that I have a defect unit? but it has display if i connect it directly to the TV.

it sounds like an issue with the hdmi handshaking between your amp and the 520. can you take the 520 to another amp and see if it works with it? every amp is different so who knows, maybe something is up. can you try other hdmi cables (or have you tried more than one just to make sure you're getting the same result?)

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gimbert - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 17:08)redi Wrote: and you are sure that the buffering isn't due to network performance?

I don't have a lot of 1080p content (the majority is 720) but for the 1080 that I do have, everything plays fine, except for one file. and for that I'm not getting any buffering it's just jumpy like it's playing every 5th frame or something, I think it's a codec issue. but like I mentioned my SMB performace is topping out around 18mbit so anything with a bitrate lower than that seems to play fine (except for the one file I mentioned). I've only tried one high bitrate file (40mbit, but only 30 seconds long) and I couldn't play through it without it buffering in the middle, but for me it is my SMB performance for sure.

Well as I mentioned I can see 3 different type of issues:
1. Buffering. It could be as you mentioned an issue with the network, although I am using nfs on my NAS. I think I will try to play the film from USB. In this case the buffering should not happen. I think that with current version of XBMC it is not possible to modify the buffer size over the network but that it should be possible in the next version. Maybe increasing the size of the buffering this problem will disappear.
2. Video jumpy. This is not a problem from the network for sure, because it happens also playing from USB. I think this is an issue with codecs. I have read something about AVC codes failing in XBMC version 12.2, the problem is that the video/audio get out of sync, so the video is stopped some seconds in order to sync again. This could be the reason the audio does not stop. I think they may solve it with version 13, but not sure about it. I am not totally sure either whether this is because of bitrate or it also depends on the codec used in the film (maybe combination of audio and video codecs).
3. Constant video jumpy. I have only experience this in a film that has a really high bitrate (maybe not related). The video jumps every some seconds, however the audio is always fine. Could be the same problem as previous only that because of the high bitrate it happens more often.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gnik - 2013-11-19

Thanks. I've tried with many different cables still no luck. Still trying to source for other AV amp to try it out.
Anyway, I re-flashed the firmware having another issue now. The internal storage is showing 0.00, installed app is only 25mb+. When I am trying to install the xbmc (after re flash), it tells me that my storage is full Sad

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2013-11-20

How did you flash? Try booting to recovery. Wipe all data first then flash spi and firmware from recovery screen.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gnik - 2013-11-20

(2013-11-20, 04:18)redi Wrote: How did you flash? Try booting to recovery. Wipe all data first then flash spi and firmware from recovery screen.

Just did the wipe all data now it's normal.

The only remaining problem now is I cant get it work with my AV amp (Denon AVR-1911). Checked the information in my amp, basically it's receiving no HDMI signal at all.
Anyone here is hooking up this ATV520 with an AV amp?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - Packetcrypt - 2013-11-20

(2013-11-20, 06:26)gnik Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 04:18)redi Wrote: How did you flash? Try booting to recovery. Wipe all data first then flash spi and firmware from recovery screen.

The only remaining problem now is I cant get it work with my AV amp (Denon AVR-1911). Checked the information in my amp, basically it's receiving no HDMI signal at all.

I can confirm it works great with my pioneer vsx-1021 . Dolby and DTS work fantastic from both SMB shares and via Add-ons.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - deviant12no - 2013-11-20

Going back to the Android Launcher, not sure if anyone else is having the same problem where when you restart the ATX520, Android asks me to choose a launcher even though I've select the default launcher as "ALWAYS" previously. I see the Metro Launcher in the list, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit causing the glitch when you restart??

Currently using the latest SPI and firmware from Geniatech, everything else is solid including the WiFi after the doing the "fix".

A Linux version would be amazing, hopefully Geniatech gives us a Christmas present as Android is just bloat..

Thanks

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gboijhpok - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-20, 19:19)deviant12no Wrote: Going back to the Android Launcher, not sure if anyone else is having the same problem where when you restart the ATX520, Android asks me to choose a launcher even though I've select the default launcher as "ALWAYS" previously. I see the Metro Launcher in the list, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit causing the glitch when you restart??

Currently using the latest SPI and firmware from Geniatech, everything else is solid including the WiFi after the doing the "fix".

A Linux version would be amazing, hopefully Geniatech gives us a Christmas present as Android is just bloat..

Thanks

About launcher problem, you try to do factory reset, I am afraid the data partition has not been mounted

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - gnik - 2013-11-21

still cant get the atv520 to work with my AV receiver. Even after following the turn on sequence TV, AV receiver then atv520. Anyone else here is using the atv520 with AV receiver?

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - redi - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-20, 06:26)gnik Wrote:

working fine with my pioneer (don't remember model number offhand).

give it a try with a different amp... *maybe* something is up with your unit, though it is working directly to tv so I'm not sure if that would be the case.

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - noob123 - 2013-11-23

Mygica atv520 only shows 1.3gb of storage in settings, but my unit is suppose to have 4GB.
does anyone else have this issueHuh

RE: Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences - deviant12no - 2013-11-25

(2013-11-23, 09:19)noob123 Wrote: Mygica atv520 only shows 1.3gb of storage in settings, but my unit is suppose to have 4GB.
does anyone else have this issueHuh

I have the same issue, it's the way Android partitions the storage.. I'm down to 400kb at the moment and trying to figure out how to increase the space, APPS2SD doesn't work because it doesn't recognize the EXTERNAL_SDCARD..

Can anyone with more experience and info pipe in and let us know if it's possible to increase the partition size??

TIA..