Kodi Community Forum
XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: XBMC app for/by Ouya released (/showthread.php?tid=171732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - lartomar2002 - 2013-08-28

I desperately need subtitles if I do not understand the native language.;p

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-28, 21:33)KILLERNADS Wrote: Actually no it wouldnt be considered higher priority as you can watch a movie with subtitles turned off its not something that you desperately need, however audio is a must have and you cant really watch a movie without it Wink

You said i can let XBMC decode the audio for me? How is that? Can it output in 5.1 surround sound?

Only if I can understand Japanese, Chinese , Korean which most of those subtitles are for...
Sadly I don't know any of those , just some basic Japanese.

I think when you let XBMC decoded it , it would output stereo PCM to your receiver. At least you can watch your movie Wink

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - chtfn - 2013-08-29

The issue I have with the XBMC subtitles add-on is that it finds subtitles, then I select the one I want, then nothing happens (no subtitles) and I can not find a way to go to the previous one (if a subtitle was already present in the movie folder).
Anyone having this issue?
I noticed that in the add-on description, it says I should change the add-on path to a specific folder, but I could not find such folder on the OUYA memory...
Any help would be very much appreciated Smile
Cheers

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KILLERNADS - 2013-08-29

Can someone please tell me how to carry over my furniture rearrangements on the main menu from my htpc? I have assigned custom menus etc on Aeon Nox skin on my htpc, how can i save myself from creating these again? ie. which file do i need to copy over from my htpc to my ouya box and where? I already copied over the whole userdata folder to transfer all db, playlists etc...

thanks

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Ned Scott - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-29, 12:43)KILLERNADS Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to carry over my furniture rearrangements on the main menu from my htpc? I have assigned custom menus etc on Aeon Nox skin on my htpc, how can i save myself from creating these again? ie. which file do i need to copy over from my htpc to my ouya box and where? I already copied over the whole userdata folder to transfer all db, playlists etc...

thanks

This is just a guess, since I don't really use Aeon Nox, but if it has additional settings then they might be in the addon_data folder in the userdata folder.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Martijn - 2013-08-29

all is in guisettings.xml but it's definitely not recommended to exchange this file between different setups and most definitely not between different OS

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KILLERNADS - 2013-08-29

oh i see, well that might explain why it didnt work. As i had already copied over all my userdata folder but the skin settings did not carry across!

Oh well im just going to have to go and do it again Sad

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Senaxx - 2013-08-30

Sadly enough there are a lot of shortcomings from the OUYA android. This build works good enough but it's far from perfect. OUYA has only 60hz support and no support for 16:10 resolutions sadly enough.

Though since this is not an official team xbmc release, how far is the development from the official XBMC ouya edition? Device seems capable / fast enough to display most of the media.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - davilla - 2013-08-30

(2013-08-30, 10:44)Senaxx Wrote: Sadly enough there are a lot of shortcomings from the OUYA android. This build works good enough but it's far from perfect. OUYA has only 60hz support and no support for 16:10 resolutions sadly enough.

Though since this is not an official team xbmc release, how far is the development from the official XBMC ouya edition? Device seems capable / fast enough to display most of the media.

Both of your issues you mention are Android firmware issues, there is nothing and official XBMC.apk can do about them. Please let your voice be heard on the Ouya forums so that you inform the people that CAN deal with it.

The next official XBMC release is many, many months away, so far that there is no set data yet.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KILLERNADS - 2013-08-30

Well since XBMC teamed up with OUYA to do an official app, when the console was first launched past successful funding at kickstarter, you would have thought that they would be constantly communicating with each other to work out the problems at both ends! Guess this was not the case!

In fact, it was the main reason why i bought the OUYA, plainly because it was backed officially by XBMC!

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - charliebrown - 2013-08-30

(2013-08-30, 16:32)KILLERNADS Wrote: Well since XBMC teamed up with OUYA to do an official app, when the console was first launched past successful funding at kickstarter, you would have thought that they would be constantly communicating with each other to work out the problems at both ends! Guess this was not the case!

In fact, it was the main reason why i bought the OUYA, plainly because it was backed officially by XBMC!

Same here, But im ditching the ouya as soon as the madcatz M.O.J.O comes out. Im kinda fed up with ouya as an company.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - nospamjl - 2013-08-30

In response to my support ticket for ouya and ethernet related stuttering which has knock on effects on streaming apps like xbmc or plex I got the following response

Your request (#) has been updated. Reply to this email or click the link below:

Greg (OUYA Support)
Aug 30 11:58 (PDT)

Hi? ,

I talked to our development team and they hope to have a change that should address this issue in an upcoming OTA update. I'll go ahead and leave this ticket open until we hear from our team that the update with this change goes out. Once the update goes out we can the follow up with to see if the issue is solved for you or if you need further troubleshooting help.

Best,

- Greg
OUYA

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Koying - 2013-08-31

...and I have been contacted re interlaced vids. It's moving in the right direction...

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Ned Scott - 2013-08-31

(2013-08-30, 16:32)KILLERNADS Wrote: Well since XBMC teamed up with OUYA to do an official app, when the console was first launched past successful funding at kickstarter, you would have thought that they would be constantly communicating with each other to work out the problems at both ends! Guess this was not the case!

There is communication on both ends.What are you talking about? Just because it's not fixed RIGHT NOW doesn't mean it will never be fixed, or that anyone lied to you about the OUYA.

Team XBMC releases stable XBMC versions for every platform at the same time. OUYA is no different. The fact that the current version in the OUYA store is "unofficial" is just a technicality, and there really is no flipping difference. Development builds are still official builds, and they're available right now. OUYA is Android. It's not anything special (not yet). OUYA funded Team XBMC with money and OUYA-dev units, and even contracted a Team XBMC dev to work on it specifically. All XBMC for Android improvements are also OUYA improvements. People are working their asses off to make this the best it can be.

What the heck, man? What else do you want us do to?

If someone says to go tell OUYA about an issue, it's because that would be the best way to help the situation. OUYA knows about most of these issues, but they can't fix every single one at the exact same time, just like we can't do that with XBMC itself.

So far, just about every fear you guys have had about the OUYA has been proven false. As time goes by, more and more people are putting their foot in their mouth about their doubts.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - burritoboy9984 - 2013-08-31

(2013-08-31, 03:15)Ned Scott Wrote:

There is communication on both ends.What are you talking about? Just because it's not fixed RIGHT NOW doesn't mean it will never be fixed, or that anyone lied to you about the OUYA.

Team XBMC releases stable XBMC versions for every platform at the same time. OUYA is no different. The fact that the current version in the OUYA store is "unofficial" is just a technicality, and there really is no flipping difference. Development builds are still official builds, and they're available right now. OUYA is Android. It's not anything special (not yet). OUYA funded Team XBMC with money and OUYA-dev units, and even contracted a Team XBMC dev to work on it specifically. All XBMC for Android improvements are also OUYA improvements. People are working their asses off to make this the best it can be.

What the heck, man? What else do you want us do to?

If someone says to go tell OUYA about an issue, it's because that would be the best way to help the situation. OUYA knows about most of these issues, but they can't fix every single one at the exact same time, just like we can't do that with XBMC itself.

So far, just about every fear you guys have had about the OUYA has been proven false. As time goes by, more and more people are putting their foot in their mouth about their doubts.

Well said Ned. Keep up the good work and f*&% the haters.

-Erik