Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - Hairy Hippy - 2013-11-15

(2013-11-12, 23:30)m.savazzi Wrote: The TMDB is, obviously, the TMDB ID. When the TMDB Scraper is enabled it should be present.

the issue with Media Center Master sounds like a bug on their side, they should simply ignore the fields they are not interested in... Smile

M

I don't disagree at all it's a potential issue their side. However when I delete out the TMDB part from the NFO (e.g. <id>tt0094317</id>), MCM doesn't have an issue. I think they also use the id field but I'll ask.

On the TMDB ID though, sometimes as I stated the Ember NFO writer puts TMDB="", which implies the film doesn't exist on TMDB, right? If so that's not the case, There are films that I know exist on TMDB but returned this result. I'll try to dig out a couple of examples when I get a chance.

Edit: Example films returning TMDB="":
Shrek <id TMDB="">tt0126029</id> should return <id TMDB="808">tt0126029</id>
Shattered <id TMDB="">tt0102900</id> should return <id TMDB="2071">tt0102900</id>

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - Dekker500 - 2013-11-15

OK, I have mostly been working on the movie side, but I just tried to do some testing on the TV Shows side and I am seeing an application hang.

Is the current v1.4 (from Nov 3rd, https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Newscraper/commit/6990efeccdce76c985d9851dc8acedc9b122229c ) working for TV scrapes?

If not, does anyone know of a 1.4 version/date that they know works (or at least doesn't hang)? I don't need "good" data, I just need to compare some numbers...

Dekker

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - DanCooper - 2013-11-15

I'm working on extrathumbs and extrafanart and this has a lot of changes needed. I think i can upload the changes in 2-3h.
But tv shows works for me.

... and i have fix many other bugs.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - Dekker500 - 2013-11-15

Don't rush... I won't be back to my Dev machine until Tuesday at the earliest anyway. I just didn't want to spend too much time debugging something that was known not to work! I had tried to DL a version from a month ago before I had any commits but even that just hung. Hopefully it's just my setup :-)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - m.savazzi - 2013-11-16

(2013-11-15, 01:17)Hairy Hippy Wrote:
(2013-11-12, 23:30)m.savazzi Wrote: The TMDB is, obviously, the TMDB ID. When the TMDB Scraper is enabled it should be present.

the issue with Media Center Master sounds like a bug on their side, they should simply ignore the fields they are not interested in... Smile

M

I don't disagree at all it's a potential issue their side. However when I delete out the TMDB part from the NFO (e.g. <id>tt0094317</id>), MCM doesn't have an issue. I
think they also use the id field but I'll ask.

On the TMDB ID though, sometimes as I stated the Ember NFO writer puts TMDB="", which implies the film doesn't exist on TMDB, right? If so that's not the case, There are films that I know exist on TMDB but returned this result. I'll try to dig out a couple of examples when I get a chance.

Edit: Example films returning TMDB="":
Shrek <id TMDB="">tt0126029</id> should return <id TMDB="808">tt0126029</id>
Shattered <id TMDB="">tt0102900</id> should return <id TMDB="2071">tt0102900</id>

<id>tt0094317</id> if there is a tt is an IMDB id, not a TMDB. You should leave this

TMDB should be there only if the TMDB Scrapers are enabled and there are NO IMDB ids. Usually should not be there, is not mandatory.

M

(2013-11-15, 22:05)Dekker500 Wrote: OK, I have mostly been working on the movie side, but I just tried to do some testing on the TV Shows side and I am seeing an application hang.

Is the current v1.4 (from Nov 3rd, https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Newscraper/commit/6990efeccdce76c985d9851dc8acedc9b122229c ) working for TV scrapes?

If not, does anyone know of a 1.4 version/date that they know works (or at least doesn't hang)? I don't need "good" data, I just need to compare some numbers...

Dekker

I'm using it since months and works (not perfect but works)

M

(2013-11-15, 22:43)DanCooper Wrote: I'm working on extrathumbs and extrafanart and this has a lot of changes needed. I think i can upload the changes in 2-3h.
But tv shows works for me.

... and i have fix many other bugs.

thank you!!!!

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - Dekker500 - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-15, 22:05)Dekker500 Wrote: OK, I have mostly been working on the movie side, but I just tried to do some testing on the TV Shows side and I am seeing an application hang.

Well, I found the cause (and solutions) to the problem, and I created a bug report to track it.

Turns out the default install has no TV scrapers enabled, not even the native one (TVDB). Enabling them manually makes the problem go away.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - DanCooper - 2013-11-22

I have commited my latest changes. Since I have put together the changes of Dekker500 and Cocotus has the scraper an error. For now it is too late, but I'll solve the problem tomorrow night.

I think i have found the issue.

... and the Oscar goes to: Dekker500 Laugh

EmberAPI/clsAPICommon.vb:

Code:
Select Case MType
                Case Enums.ModType.All
                    .EThumbs = MValue
                    .EFanarts = MValue
                    .DoSearch = MValue
                    .Fanart = MValue
                    .Meta = MValue
                    .NFO = MValue
                    .Poster = MValue
                    .Trailer = If(Master.eSettings.UpdaterTrailers, MValue, False)
                    .Actors = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.EThumbs
                    .EThumbs = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.EFanarts
                    .EFanarts = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.DoSearch
                    .DoSearch = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Fanart
                    .Fanart = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Meta
                    .Meta = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.NFO
                    .NFO = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Poster
                    .Poster = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Trailer
                    .Trailer = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Actor
                    .Actors = MValue
            End Select

Don't set .DoSearch during .ModType.All.
DoSearch is only needed for a re-search of a movie (first scraping or movie change).

New release in first post.

Changelog:
- added: NMJ movie support
- added: Extrathumbs & Extrafanarts (database changes, you can't use an old database)
- added: Implement Metadata scraping support for DVD/BLURAY .ISO/RAR (Cocotus)
- added: doubleclick in trailer list starts trailer
- fixed: language change not work
- fixed: tv show source path in settings is allways only "my documents"
- fixed: new movie set no autofocus to textbox
- fixed: all scrape media menus (main, context & tray)
- changed: added Frodo, Eden, YAMJ & NMJ tabs to install wizard
- changed: many names in different windows (checkboxes, labels, groupboxes...)
... and much more that I've forgotten

Now we really need, finally, the new database. I'll work on it over the weekend and then post it here for discussion.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - Cocotus - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-22, 15:05)DanCooper Wrote: New release in first post.

Changelog:
- added: NMJ movie support
- added: Extrathumbs & Extrafanarts (database changes, you can't use an old database)
- added: Implement Metadata scraping support for DVD/BLURAY .ISO/RAR (Cocotus)
- added: doubleclick in trailer list starts trailer
- fixed: language change not work
- fixed: tv show source path in settings is allways only "my documents"
- fixed: new movie set no autofocus to textbox
- fixed: all scrape media menus (main, context & tray)
- changed: added Frodo, Eden, YAMJ & NMJ tabs to install wizard
- changed: many names in different windows (checkboxes, labels, groupboxes...)
... and much more that I've forgotten

Now we really need, finally, the new database. I'll work on it over the weekend and then post it here for discussion.

Awesome, database update is really appreciated I.e. need XBMC "Tag" field for movies to start working on trakt.tv Tag scraping, can't wait Smile Laugh

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - Dekker500 - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-22, 10:17)DanCooper Wrote: I think i have found the issue.

... and the Oscar goes to: Dekker500 Laugh

EmberAPI/clsAPICommon.vb:

Code:
Select Case MType
                Case Enums.ModType.All
                    .EThumbs = MValue
                    .EFanarts = MValue
                    .DoSearch = MValue
                    .Fanart = MValue
                    .Meta = MValue
                    .NFO = MValue
                    .Poster = MValue
                    .Trailer = If(Master.eSettings.UpdaterTrailers, MValue, False)
                    .Actors = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.EThumbs
                    .EThumbs = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.EFanarts
                    .EFanarts = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.DoSearch
                    .DoSearch = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Fanart
                    .Fanart = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Meta
                    .Meta = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.NFO
                    .NFO = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Poster
                    .Poster = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Trailer
                    .Trailer = MValue
                Case Enums.ModType.Actor
                    .Actors = MValue
            End Select

Don't set .DoSearch during .ModType.All.
DoSearch is only needed for a re-search of a movie (first scraping or movie change).

Billy Crystal Wrote:Well, the way things are going, aside from wheat and auto parts, America's biggest export is now the Oscar.

Seriously though, apologies!
I got over-zealous when I was working in that class... Some other entries were missing so I fixed those, and took too many! On that topic though, we should probably leave that line in there, commented out, with a note about why it is not included at that point...

Thanks for the catch!

I'm not certain whether it is new or old, but with this version, under certain circumstances you must restart in order to get your API key to read.
  • If you install fresh,
  • configure it with a movie path, but
  • do NOT set a fanart API key.
  • scrape the movie (so fanart is requested, but not retrieved)
  • go into settings and set a fanart API key
  • Save settings
  • Go to Edit Movie, select the FanArt tab, and select re-scrape

Because the key is only validated during the first load (clsScrapeFANARTTV.vb), and it is not refreshed after setting the API Key, you must exist-and-restart Ember to force it to refresh. I believe this may be true for all API Keys.

To make the user's experience more predictable, could (all the) scrapers be re-loaded whenever the Settings dialog has been saved and an(y) API Key is modified?

Dekker

(2013-11-22, 20:24)Dekker500 Wrote:

I'm not certain whether it is new or old, but with this version, under certain circumstances you must restart in order to get your API key to read.
  • If you install fresh,
  • configure it with a movie path, but
  • do NOT set a fanart API key.
  • scrape the movie (so fanart is requested, but not retrieved)
  • go into settings and set a fanart API key
  • Save settings
  • Go to Edit Movie, select the FanArt tab, and select re-scrape

Because the key is only validated during the first load (clsScrapeFANARTTV.vb), and it is not refreshed after setting the API Key, you must exist-and-restart Ember to force it to refresh. I believe this may be true for all API Keys.

To make the user's experience more predictable, could (all the) scrapers be re-loaded whenever the Settings dialog has been saved and an(y) API Key is modified?

Dekker

m.savazzi once said that the reboot is necessary because WatTMDB has a bug.
In the next release I'll probably fit our keys. We now get an OK from all sides. But i will check the procedure.

Thank you for your work, everything looks like a lot of effort. I will endeavor in the future to document the lines better, but unfortunately my English is not so good.

I'm glad the keys are getting some attention. As the system currently handles them, they seem rather cumbersome for the average (non-technical) user.

And thanks for leading the project! No worries about the language (worst case, use Google Translate!). Any docs are better than no docs!

For many of the methods, I have to build blind test cases built on what I *think* the method is trying to accomplish, then adjust the "expected responses" to match, and add documentation based on my tests. Though Ember "seems" simplistic in theory, at the individual method level it's often difficult knowing what exactly is being done, or expected!

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20131103 - T-bird_se - 2013-11-23

Found some bugs, don't know if they are new or not, haven't used 1.4 for some time

Scrap a movie and when the search selection window opens (must have more than one hit) select wrong movie
That name is saved in DB as soon you hit OK so it dosn't matter if you press cancel every time it's already in.
Right click and select change movie, select the right one, artwork is downloded fine but the data scraper seems to only scrap from first scraper (in my case IMDB) and nothing from second.
Rescrape and the nfo is now OK