Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - AnthonyJS02 - 2014-12-08

(2014-12-08, 10:33)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 16:23)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Dan...These are the two movies I am having trouble with that just stick to "scraping" on the bottom right corner. It gets through all the artwork but just doesnt move past that. Not sure if it something to do with the movies but here they are:

Frosty the Snowman http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064349/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Ruldoph http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058536/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I dont think it is a vlc issue I was just able to scrape a different movie and minute ago and the edit window pops up when I double click on one of these two movies except no info is there of course.

Thanks,

(2014-12-07, 18:49)Tanem Wrote: Sorry Dan,

I know the importance of vlc activeX, but I also don't think that it is a problem with the vlc plugin.
Since the latest Beta was available, i scraped Movies almost every Day. There was no problems until the last 2 or 3 days as this phenomenon occurs.

As AnthonyJS02 above said, some movies can be scraped without a problem, some stuck at the end and no Edit dialog will show up.
There seems not to be any straight rule of what works and what not. (Year, Name etc.)

If it is really the plugin in some weird way, i don't see the logic behind this error but i will excuse me then.

As an example:

Will scrape without a problem:
Edge of Tomorrow
Kung Fu Panda 2

Will scrape, but at the end, no Edit dialog appears:
Sunshine
Stargate

If you can't open Edit Movie on any movie = 100% VLC issue.
If you have problem with individual movies try to disable Theme scraping. I've tested with "Frosty the Snowman" and it hangs on GoEar scraper.

Sounds good will try that.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Tanem - 2014-12-08

(2014-12-08, 10:33)DanCooper Wrote: If you have problem with individual movies try to disable Theme scraping. I've tested with "Frosty the Snowman" and it hangs on GoEar scraper.

Oh man, now i feel stupid Blush
That was exactly the problem. Thank you for your help and patience Dan.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Dragen - 2014-12-08

EMM is preventing Win7 from sleep.
When I remote into the XBMC box (on which I also have EMM), and use EMM, the computer won't put itself to sleep. If I don't run EMM, it will go into sleep. Doesn't matter if EMM is running or not, as long as I've run it once.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-12-08

(2014-12-08, 19:28)Tanem Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 10:33)DanCooper Wrote: If you have problem with individual movies try to disable Theme scraping. I've tested with "Frosty the Snowman" and it hangs on GoEar scraper.

Oh man, now i feel stupid Blush
That was exactly the problem. Thank you for your help and patience Dan.

Was it the GoEar scraper?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Tanem - 2014-12-08

(2014-12-08, 20:22)DanCooper Wrote: Was it the GoEar scraper?

Yep, de-selected GoEar and anything is fine now. Thanks again.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - elnino-1900 - 2014-12-08

Disabling goear worked.thanks

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - deh2k7 - 2014-12-09

(2014-12-08, 10:33)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 22:57)deh2k7 Wrote: i haven't picked up Ember in a while, looking very good!

I have a question about movie sets. how does one scan the movie collection and then scrape the collections to which they belong? right now, it seems like i have to manually create a movie collection before i can scrape it. am i missing something?
There are two settings in movie data scraper part: get Collection ID and Add Movie automatically to Collection. Also you have to enable Collection ID in TMDB scraper.
If this options are enabled, Ember will create collections and add Movies automatically.

Thanks Dan - I was missing the "Add Movie Automatically to Collection' setting. Things are now scraping as intended!

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - georgieboy - 2014-12-09

Problems while updating Movie list.
I'm using EMM version 1.4.0.7 x86 Beta.

I store my videos in a central map FILMS and every movie has his own submap.
1. Deleting a Movie submap with the movie (manual operation outside EMM) .
When I delete a movie submap completely (not using EMM), and I do a Reload movie by EMM (options - reload movies), then the deleted submap doesn't appear, as wished.
2. Adding a new movie submap with movie inside (manual operation outside EMM).
When I create a new movie submap, with the movie file in it and I restart EMM the new movie doesn't appaer under the Movies location. I have to go to the menu changing settings, under films, maps & sources, selecting the source pad again and apply; then EMM reset the Movie menu and the added movie appears.

Is this a Bug in the Beta version or am I doing something wrong. Huh

Greetings Georgie

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-12-09

(2014-12-09, 21:33)georgieboy Wrote: Problems while updating Movie list.
I'm using EMM version 1.4.0.7 x86 Beta.

I store my videos in a central map FILMS and every movie has his own submap.
1. Deleting a Movie submap with the movie (manual operation outside EMM) .
When I delete a movie submap completely (not using EMM), and I do a Reload movie by EMM (options - reload movies), then the deleted submap doesn't appear, as wished.
2. Adding a new movie submap with movie inside (manual operation outside EMM).
When I create a new movie submap, with the movie file in it and I restart EMM the new movie doesn't appaer under the Movies location. I have to go to the menu changing settings, under films, maps & sources, selecting the source pad again and apply; then EMM reset the Movie menu and the added movie appears.

Is this a Bug in the Beta version or am I doing something wrong. Huh

Greetings Georgie

1) When updating (tools -> reload all movies, F5 or context menu), Ember remove the movie from the list when the file is no longer available.
2) Use the button "Update Library" to scan the sources for new movies.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - frellAn - 2014-12-09

The program keeps crashing on me constantly, whatever I click the program just crashes. It crashes if I go into the trailer tab of one movie, it crashes if I click the OK button in the info of one movie. Am I missing something or is it really this unusable?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-12-09

(2014-12-09, 22:18)frellAn Wrote: The program keeps crashing on me constantly, whatever I click the program just crashes. It crashes if I go into the trailer tab of one movie, it crashes if I click the OK button in the info of one movie. Am I missing something or is it really this unusable?

Please upload the log file on Pastebin.com

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - lukefromfiji - 2014-12-10

Having an issue with the download link on the first page of the forum. I keep getting the following:

[Fiddler] ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a response for this request.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - frellAn - 2014-12-11

When I go into trailer for example:
Quote:Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Pastebin.com didn't seem to understand Excel formatting so it looked awful, did this instead.
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/72120248/file.html

Maybe it has something to do with the VLC thing? It crashes on me with other stuff as well, like scraping and stuff but it may be related.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2014-12-11

(2014-12-11, 12:42)frellAn Wrote: When I go into trailer for example:
Quote:Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Pastebin.com didn't seem to understand Excel formatting so it looked awful, did this instead.
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/72120248/file.html

Maybe it has something to do with the VLC thing? It crashes on me with other stuff as well, like scraping and stuff but it may be related.

No, it's not a problem with VLC. Looks like an issue in the code if a trailer can't be loaded or the object is "Nothing".

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - frellAn - 2014-12-11

Yeah I went crazy bananas and downloaded local trailers for all my movies. EMM has been kinda confused about that before (adding youtube link in nfo anyway and stuff).