Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - blondeshanks - 2015-01-01

Not sure if it's been mentioned or it's just me but is tralers scraping broken as it doesn't seem to be working?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Cocotus - 2015-01-01

(2015-01-01, 18:32)redglory Wrote: Perhaps having some sort of parameter for thousands pontuation?
An optional setting should be possible, I can add this this weekend Smile

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - met_fan - 2015-01-03

I just updated from 1.4.0.6 to 1.4.0.7 and I'm noticing that roughly half of my movies do not show any posters or fanart. The rest of the metadata seems to appear as it should, but the only way I can get the artwork to appear is to re-scrape. I've tried to reload movies, but that doesn't do the trick either. Any ideas what might be happening? I can continue to re-scrape, but I'd rather not since there are roughly 200-300 movies with the problem.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-03, 02:03)met_fan Wrote: I just updated from 1.4.0.6 to 1.4.0.7 and I'm noticing that roughly half of my movies do not show any posters or fanart. The rest of the metadata seems to appear as it should, but the only way I can get the artwork to appear is to re-scrape. I've tried to reload movies, but that doesn't do the trick either. Any ideas what might be happening? I can continue to re-scrape, but I'd rather not since there are roughly 200-300 movies with the problem.

Have you read Hints for version 1.4.0.7: in download tread?

There are changes in artwork handling/settings

Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - met_fan - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-03, 02:33)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 02:03)met_fan Wrote: I just updated from 1.4.0.6 to 1.4.0.7 and I'm noticing that roughly half of my movies do not show any posters or fanart. The rest of the metadata seems to appear as it should, but the only way I can get the artwork to appear is to re-scrape. I've tried to reload movies, but that doesn't do the trick either. Any ideas what might be happening? I can continue to re-scrape, but I'd rather not since there are roughly 200-300 movies with the problem.

Have you read Hints for version 1.4.0.7: in download tread?

There are changes in artwork handling/settings
Dammit...I caught the GoEar scraper problem which was causing me problems, but I missed that. Thanks.

Well...I tried making adjustments for the artwork in the expert settings area of File Naming and I haven't gotten anywhere. For fanart I tried inputting fanart, fanart.jpg, <filename>-fanart, and <filename>-fanart.jpg. Poster was the same except I used folder instead of fanart. None of these naming conventions prompted my artwork to show up.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Shaman - 2015-01-03

Did anyone stumble into an issue with movie sets in the latest version? Basically the order of the movies in the set gets corrupted after a certain number (12 I believe). This happened when I was organizing my James Bond movie set. I had no issue with smaller movie sets like Harry Potter for example.
Is this a known bug that I missed? If so, my apologies.
Also is there a way to set the order of the movies in a movie set by manually editing an nfo. I looked at the movie sets nfos but could not spot where to place this info.

Many thanks in advance. And kudos for making this great tool available to the community.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Gabrielux - 2015-01-03

I am suddenly experiencing slowness when the program loads up, essentially the UI is blocked doing something.

Switching tabs (Movies/Sets/TV Shows) is instantaneous but the action of displaying the details of the first item in the list is blocking the UI for about 30 seconds (seems like something is timing out). When the UI becomes responsive again, the art is not being displayed on the right side (only star rating, studios, and category logos on the bottom). It used to work fine these days, it just started after doing some changes in the settings.

Using v 1.4.0.7

I can provide more details or investigate further locally if needed.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - FreeMan xbmc - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-01, 16:19)Cocotus Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 11:54)neurosis13 Wrote: - the number of votes misses a separator: its 14334 instead of 14,334 for example, its harder to read, maybe there is an option for that that i missed?
comma seperator for votes was removed because in some countries 14,334 means 14 votes and a third (like 14.3) - which is wrong of course. Personally I think removing the seperator is cleaner Wink
Most modern OSs have localization settings that you should be able to pull from. We crazy Americans can have our comma thousands separater while most of the rest of the world can have a decimal, all with minimal coding effort.

On another note, I've noticed that scraping of MPAA ratings seems a bit hit-or-miss. I haven't kept a specific list of movies which aren't working, but could start to do so, if that might be helpful in identifying the issue. Also, older movies were "Approved", would it be possible to pick that up and make some sort of banner that could display that? I'm not sure if Kodi would display it, so it might be pointless.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Gabrielux - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-03, 18:48)Gabrielux Wrote: I am suddenly experiencing slowness when the program loads up, essentially the UI is blocked doing something.

Switching tabs (Movies/Sets/TV Shows) is instantaneous but the action of displaying the details of the first item in the list is blocking the UI for about 30 seconds (seems like something is timing out). When the UI becomes responsive again, the art is not being displayed on the right side (only star rating, studios, and category logos on the bottom). It used to work fine these days, it just started after doing some changes in the settings.

Using v 1.4.0.7

I can provide more details or investigate further locally if needed.

UPDATE: I found the issue, it wasn't able to connect to the network share where the media resides. I had to open the share in Windows Explorer, provide the username & password and tick the option to remember them. I had previously deleted the saved session with "net use /delete".

Maybe something to make more transparent to the user? (is it possible to pop up the same authentication dialog that Windows Explorer does when a share requires authentication?)

Is there a setting where I can tell Ember to look for older artwork that exists as folder.jpg or fanart.jpg from older scraping?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-03, 19:49)met_fan Wrote: Is there a setting where I can tell Ember to look for older artwork that exists as folder.jpg or fanart.jpg from older scraping?

Activate expert setting and fill those name in, and reload all movies or just a single one

(2015-01-03, 22:12)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 19:49)met_fan Wrote: Is there a setting where I can tell Ember to look for older artwork that exists as folder.jpg or fanart.jpg from older scraping?

Activate expert setting and fill those name in, and reload all movies or just a single one

Is this right? - go to Settings>Movies>Files and Sources>File Naming>Expert. Check the Enabled box and under Single enter fanart.jpg next to Fanart and folder.jpg next to Poster? This would make Ember recognize my movie art that still has fanart.jpg and folder.jpg for artwork?

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-01-04

(2015-01-03, 22:41)met_fan Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 22:12)T-bird_se Wrote:

Is this right? - go to Settings>Movies>Files and Sources>File Naming>Expert. Check the Enabled box and under Single enter fanart.jpg next to Fanart and folder.jpg next to Poster? This would make Ember recognize my movie art that still has fanart.jpg and folder.jpg for artwork?

Yes. But then it is necessary that you start Tools -> Reload all Movies to recognize the new filenames.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - met_fan - 2015-01-04

(2015-01-04, 01:31)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 22:41)met_fan Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 22:12)T-bird_se Wrote: Activate expert setting and fill those name in, and reload all movies or just a single one

Yes. But then it is necessary that you start Tools -> Reload all Movies to recognize the new filenames.
Thanks to all, everything back to working again