Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-03-03

New release 1.4.1.0 is online!

I hope "all" bugs from last versions are fixed Big Grin

Code:
Changelog 1.4.1.0 (2015-03-03)

[Main]
fixed: dialogs/windows are displayed in the wrong screen

[Renamer]
fixed: BulkRenamer does not load movies
fixed: BulkRenamerdoes not use media list filters

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Bridgwater - 2015-03-03

Firstly a great update but for myself I am still having to use two programs to do what I need. The software does collection/sets but too being honest the set or collection names that are scrapped are stupid to be honest. It is nothing to do with EMM but to do with the people who decide to add a movie and then decide to call one movie that has been released as a collection. I also find that the use of trilogy or quadology a waste of time as well it just makes things too complicated and too random.

I have to end up doing custom sets using Media Elch to give you an example

Horror movies = Halloween Movies
Anything Disney = Disney Movies
Anything family = Family Movies

I do this simply because it means that at maybe Christmas or Halloween you can just put a graphic up for a menu and it saves a lot of mess, if I went to sets and I wanted horror movies, I would have final destination collection, nightmare on elm street collection, omen collection etc etc all too messy.

Hopefully at some point you will allow people to use custom sets/collections as too me this is the only thing missing now.

Regards

Mark

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2015-03-03

(2015-03-03, 22:31)Bridgwater Wrote: Hopefully at some point you will allow people to use custom sets/collections as too me this is the only thing missing now.

Regards

Mark
Personally I only use my custom sets done in Ember
Select set tab and create a set with whatever name you like, and add some movies to it (right click in empty area)
The only limitations is that you can't use Ember to find artwork and that a movie only can belong to one set, but that's the same as in Kodi

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Pr.Sinister - 2015-03-04

One more bug in Movies Bulk Renamer : It doesn't respect the Audio Codec Mappings. It writes everything in lowercase instead of the way it is written in the mappings

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - DanCooper - 2015-03-04

(2015-03-03, 23:42)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2015-03-03, 22:31)Bridgwater Wrote: Hopefully at some point you will allow people to use custom sets/collections as too me this is the only thing missing now.

Regards

Mark
Personally I only use my custom sets done in Ember
Select set tab and create a set with whatever name you like, and add some movies to it (right click in empty area)
The only limitations is that you can't use Ember to find artwork and that a movie only can belong to one set, but that's the same as in Kodi
... and you can disable "Add movies automatically to moviesets" in global scraper-data settings.

(2015-03-04, 06:16)Pr.Sinister Wrote: One more bug in Movies Bulk Renamer : It doesn't respect the Audio Codec Mappings. It writes everything in lowercase instead of the way it is written in the mappings

The renamer should use the informations from DB without any changes.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - FlashPan - 2015-03-04

Hey all, found a very weird glitch and a couple of bugs Firstly though before I go into my list I would like to throw open my arms in gratitude for the truely excellent app. I cannot fathom the amount of work, time and support you have given to this and and Kodi users alike. I take my hat to you Sirs

So........

If I go to Settings, Movie Images, Banner and change the preferred type to Graphical sometimes but always after restarting ember the Banner option in TV Shows reverts to None or is blank. If if then set TV Shows banner to Graphical, banner is set to None or blank on Movies after restarting ember. I've tried it with and without clicking apply first.

If I enable Tags under Movies, Scrappers, Data that option is also forgotten.

I do have my install in my Program Files (x86) folder but do not think it's a perm issue as I've had ember running form there for years.

Lastly a strange one with .actors and TV Shows (this issue has been around for many ember versions inc 1.3, I just never got round to mentioning it). As ember cannot generate the .actors folder and images I use mediaelch (don't slap me) to only scrape down the actors files from a prescraped tv show/nfo from ember (so mediaelch is not creating or writing to the nfo).

If I add a single tv show in as a source that has the .actors folder, the tv show title does not show but instead all the season folders appear. If I add in a container folder as a source like "TV Shows" and the sub folders are the actual tv shows then they load fine.

I have to remove the .actors folder before I can add it in as a source or adding any new episodes. I can the copy the .actors folder back afterwards with no grumbles.

Lastly..something I've just noticed. In TV Shows, Season the green dot to signify I have a poster and banner has been striped out. So it is indicating I have neither. The TV show folder still contains season01-poster.jog for instance. Just that ember now does not want to seem to acknowledge it.

I feel a bit bad bring up all this but still though best to share my experiences.

Cheers again

(2015-03-04, 15:13)FlashPan Wrote: If I go to Settings, Movie Images, Banner and change the preferred type to Graphical sometimes but always after restarting ember the Banner option in TV Shows reverts to None or is blank. If if then set TV Shows banner to Graphical, banner is set to None or blank on Movies after restarting ember. I've tried it with and without clicking apply first.
I will check why the settings will not be saved.
But maybe we remove this setting anyway for movie. The only scraper that gives us information about type of banner is TVDB (tv shows only).

(2015-03-04, 15:13)FlashPan Wrote: If I enable Tags under Movies, Scrappers, Data that option is also forgotten.
Ember has no tag support (comming soon, Cocotus is working on this part).
But I've added the Tag fields to database. That means Ember can read it from NFO and save it back to NFO, but there is no interface to edit the Tags.

(2015-03-04, 15:13)FlashPan Wrote: Lastly a strange one with .actors and TV Shows (this issue has been around for many ember versions inc 1.3, I just never got round to mentioning it). As ember cannot generate the .actors folder and images I use mediaelch (don't slap me) to only scrape down the actors files from a prescraped tv show/nfo from ember (so mediaelch is not creating or writing to the nfo).

I have to remove the .actors folder before I can add it in as a source or adding any new episodes. I can the copy the .actors folder back afterwards with no grumbles.
Ember can save tv show and episode actor thumbs sience the version 1.4.0.9.
But i would not use it, atm it takes to long to download the images for episodes (Ember download the actor thumbs for each episode again and again and again ...).

(2015-03-04, 15:13)FlashPan Wrote: If I add a single tv show in as a source that has the .actors folder, the tv show title does not show but instead all the season folders appear. If I add in a container folder as a source like "TV Shows" and the sub folders are the actual tv shows then they load fine.
Ember has no "single tv show in this source" support. Ember always need a source with subfolders for tv shows (maybe we can add support for single tv shows).

(2015-03-04, 15:13)FlashPan Wrote: Lastly..something I've just noticed. In TV Shows, Season the green dot to signify I have a poster and banner has been striped out. So it is indicating I have neither. The TV show folder still contains season01-poster.jog for instance. Just that ember now does not want to seem to acknowledge it.
Ember does only scan for season images, if there is an episode for this season.
I'm working on a new image select dialog to support season images for seasons without episodes.

Coolamondo Smile Thanks very much for your speedy response Dan

I'll have a play with downloading actor thumbs via ember to see what it is like (excited about that Big Grin ) . I've only every brought down the thumbs for the show and not each episode - maybe that could be a selectable option?

Thanks heaps again

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - amcfarla - 2015-03-04

Discovered an issue with the latest version regarding trailers and changing the trailers under the 'Edit Movie' functions, the buttons at the bottom are just barely visible to select. Here is a screenshot to show what I am talking about:

I cannot re-size the window to make the buttons visible either. This is just a suggested fix for the new version whenever it will be released. Thank you.

(2015-03-04, 15:43)DanCooper Wrote: Ember can save tv show and episode actor thumbs sience the version 1.4.0.9.
But i would not use it, atm it takes to long to download the images for episodes (Ember download the actor thumbs for each episode again and again and again ...).

Well mostly there Smile

The .actors folder and thumbs will be created inside the Season 1, Season 2 etc if from Settings, TV Shows, Files and Sources, Actor Thumbs - Episode check box is enabled) If the Show checkbox is selected I suspect that is to create the .actors at the top level of the show folder next to Season 1, Season 2 etc folder - which does not seem to create anything.

I do have Settings, TV Shows, Scrappers and Data, Actors - Shows and Episodes boxes ticked. I guess these need to be otherwise the actual urls will not get scrapped.

Cheers..will hang on a bit longer Smile

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - T-bird_se - 2015-03-04

(2015-03-04, 17:15)amcfarla Wrote: Discovered an issue with the latest version regarding trailers and changing the trailers under the 'Edit Movie' functions, the buttons at the bottom are just barely visible to select. Here is a screenshot to show what I am talking about:

I cannot re-size the window to make the buttons visible either. This is just a suggested fix for the new version whenever it will be released. Thank you.

It's the same in Trakt.tv manager
Close button almost not visible

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - berents - 2015-03-04

Hi and thanks for a great tool!

I discovered a small snag with the "Decimal symbol" setting in Windows regional settings. If it is set to . EMM does not display a new filename for most of the entries in the bulk rename dialog. Like below.
If changed to , everything works as expected.

From the log it seems to be related to casting of string to the Double type. Maybe the movie rating?
Excerpt from the log

2015-03-04 21:14:53.2372;generic.EmberCore.BulkRename.FileFolderRenamer;generic.EmberCore.BulkRename.FileFolderRenamer.ProccessPattern;93;ERROR;ProccessPattern;"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string ""5.6"" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value)
at generic.EmberCore.BulkRename.FileFolderRenamer.ProccessPattern(FileRename f, String opattern, Boolean isPath, Boolean isMultiEpisode)* at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at generic.EmberCore.BulkRename.FileFolderRenamer.ProccessPattern(FileRename f, String opattern, Boolean isPath, Boolean isMultiEpisode)"

Not a big deal, just thought I'd report it :-D

(2015-03-04, 22:27)berents Wrote: Hi and thanks for a great tool!

I discovered a small snag with the "Decimal symbol" setting in Windows regional settings. If it is set to . EMM does not display a new filename for most of the entries in the bulk rename dialog. Like below.

From the log it seems to be related to casting of string to the Double type. Maybe the movie rating?
Excerpt from the log

2015-03-04 21:14:53.2372;generic.EmberCore.BulkRename.FileFolderRenamer;generic.EmberCore.BulkRename.FileFolderRenamer.ProccessPattern;93;ERROR;ProccessPattern;"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string ""5.6"" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at generic.EmberCore.BulkRename.FileFolderRenamer.ProccessPattern(FileRename f, String opattern, Boolean isPath, Boolean isMultiEpisode)* at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at generic.EmberCore.BulkRename.FileFolderRenamer.ProccessPattern(FileRename f, String opattern, Boolean isPath, Boolean isMultiEpisode)"

Please rescrape the rating from "12 Years a Slave" and try it again.
If you still have no new path and file name for this movie I will try again to fix this issue (i don't understand this f*** problem).
If you have a new path and file name... rescrape the ratings of all your movies.

RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - berents - 2015-03-05

(2015-03-04, 22:58)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-03-04, 22:27)berents Wrote: Hi and thanks for a great tool!

Excerpt from the log

Please rescrape the rating from "12 Years a Slave" and try it again.
If you still have no new path and file name for this movie I will try again to fix this issue (i don't understand this f*** problem).
If you have a new path and file name... rescrape the ratings of all your movies.

My bad, I mixed up my regional settings. It's ok with . (the same that's in the .nfo file) and it does not work with , as a decimal symbol on that machine.
I believe EMM would write the use the current decimal symbol when writing the .nfo file. My .nfo files are generated by another program, obviously not aware of regional settings. I made some minor changes to the code to convert the decimal symbol to the current locale (I need to have the , as a decimal symbol for another program).
All is good, and sorry for the confusion!