Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - geek-baba - 2014-01-11

(2013-08-30, 13:00)m.savazzi Wrote: As quite a lot of people asked me to test the new version here is a link to a package:

Please don't use existing AdvancedSettings.xml, Settings.xml or Media.emm !!

Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20131014
Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20131103 #2
Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20131122
Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20131227
Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20140110

Feel free to test it and let us know if it works.

Note: THE OFFICIAL VERSION will be released from DanCooper.

This is just for test Smile

2013 09 07 - new version with some fixes for the options
2013 09 29 - several bug fixes including the scrape error and the save before dialog
2013 10 06 - fixed TMDB and several other bugs. All changes from DanCooper
2013 10 14 - see commits on GitHub for changes
2013 10 27 - Several changes and fixes from Dan and the team
2013 11 22 - New update from Dan... thank you!
2013 12 27 - Several bug fixes and all commits up to Christmas!
2014 01 10 - Updated ffmpeg and mediainfo. Fixed couple of bugs of previous beta

Any eta on the stable version Smile

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - Dekker500 - 2014-01-11

I'm not the one in control, but major versions come out when desired features have been included, and when blocking bug reports stop coming in. Or to put it another way, are you confident enough to use the current alpha on your home collection? (I still use 1.13)

That said, things are looking good, but dates are a bit premature.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - m.savazzi - 2014-01-11

correct
we all are on full volunteer base and manage the dev with family, work. health, vacation, etc...

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - m.savazzi - 2014-01-12

I'm having a lot of this:
Code:
2014-01-12 21:04:07.4556,EmberScraperModule.Scraper+TVImages,EmberAPI.ErrorLogger.Error,13,ERROR,"Specified cast is not valid.
   at EmberScraperModule.Scraper.TVImages.Clone() in C:\Users\Massimo\Documents\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\Addons\scraper.TVDB.Poster\TVScraper\clsScrapeTVDB.vb:line 173"
2014-01-12 21:04:07.4712,EmberAPI.ModulesManager,EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric,13,TRACE,"Could not run generic module <Notifications>
   at EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric(ModuleEventType mType, List`1& _params, Object _refparam, Boolean RunOnlyOne)
   at EmberAPI.ErrorLogger.Error(Type type, String msg, String stkTrace, String title, Boolean Notify)
   at EmberScraperModule.Scraper.TVImages.Clone()
   at EmberScraperModule.dlgTVImageSelect.SetDefaults()
   at EmberScraperModule.dlgTVImageSelect.DownloadAllImages()
   at EmberScraperModule.dlgTVImageSelect.bwLoadImages_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.DoAsyncCall()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

has that part been changed?

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - Dekker500 - 2014-01-12

I have put many validation checks into that would previously fail silently with unhandled exceptions, and added these notifications. The bad actors entry is from that.

In most cases, upstream handling is untouched, but I am trying to improve the data handling and parsing. I am starting on writing unit testing for the scrapers, but I will have to do some prep work first because as they are now, they do not allow me to setup fake scrape data. Once I get that in, I predict our data quality will significantly increase.

The second log message is just a trace message. You can remove the trace messages by changing the nlog.config to debug instead of trace.

But having said all that, looks like it was doing a clone when the error was thrown, and I'm thinking it is a false error. I'll look into this later this week.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - m.savazzi - 2014-01-13

Dekker500,
great!

I have some issues with the notifcation module and, can you check it?

M

(2013-12-30, 18:47)m.savazzi Wrote: With regard to the bug of F5 leading to an empty dialog it is "BY DESIGN" as it simply reloads the info from the DB.
This means that if a series is on the filesystem but has not been scanned it is REMOVED.

Now it appears to me to be a "wrong" design that has been inherited from 1.3.x

I'm now wondering what we do expect to happen with the F5... what do you expect to happen with an F5 on a season?

I also discovered a second issue with the "Update Library" button that will skip the series that already exist in the DB Sad

Now I'm trying to sort out how to fix it

Team I've never got an answer to this, is really a mess. Should I remove the F5 functionality at all?

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - Dekker500 - 2014-01-13

(2014-01-12, 22:09)m.savazzi Wrote:
Code:
2014-01-12 21:04:07.4556,EmberScraperModule.Scraper+TVImages,EmberAPI.ErrorLogger.Error,13,ERROR,"Specified cast is not valid.
   at EmberScraperModule.Scraper.TVImages.Clone() in C:\Users\Massimo\Documents\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\Addons\scraper.TVDB.Poster\TVScraper\clsScrapeTVDB.vb:line 173"

Turns out this is an actual bug somewhere, but is not related to one of my changes... The specified cast is not referring to actors, but is a DirectCast call that is failing. Will look into that shortly.

I'm also changing the trace messages to be less wordy - don't need full stack trace for them!

====================
m.savazzi Wrote:I have some issues with the notifcation module and, can you check it?

The notification module that you're referring to is because I am catching attempts to load non-existant (Nothing) modules. It is a weird situation, because the master scraper routine goes through each type of scraper, and if one is defined it will call it. If none is defined for a particular type, I put in that message. Taking those messages out would quiet the logs a bit. But leaving them in tells the user what is going on when they are looking for a missing poster, only to see a WARN message of "No movie image scrapers are defined". Note that production release should only be showing ERROR or FATAL messages in the log, unless the user turns on debugging...

What do you guys think - keep those warning messages in or not? Every scrape has some undefined modules (such as the rare "generic" module")

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - DanCooper - 2014-01-13

(2014-01-13, 14:32)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 18:47)m.savazzi Wrote: With regard to the bug of F5 leading to an empty dialog it is "BY DESIGN" as it simply reloads the info from the DB.
This means that if a series is on the filesystem but has not been scanned it is REMOVED.

I'm now wondering what we do expect to happen with the F5... what do you expect to happen with an F5 on a season?

I also discovered a second issue with the "Update Library" button that will skip the series that already exist in the DB Sad

Team I've never got an answer to this, is really a mess. Should I remove the F5 functionality at all?

Please no!
In 1.3.x, it will do a rescan of movie folder to find new images, trailer...

I look at this...

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - Dekker500 - 2014-01-13

Code:

Do you have a show/episode name/number that produces the above error? Immediately prior to that message, there might have been another error - do you have that message available? I'm not familiar with that particular scraper, but it looks like the de-serialize method is failing. If I can simulate your dir structure for that particular show, I could see the error in action.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - m.savazzi - 2014-01-16

(2014-01-13, 20:14)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 14:32)m.savazzi Wrote:

Please no!
In 1.3.x, it will do a rescan of movie folder to find new images, trailer...

I look at this...

Dan,
this... what? Smile

The same function is achieved removing the movie/show and updating the library. Also it does not generate any issue of "empty screen"

Also F5 will NOT add new movies or new items....

so I'm quite confused...

(2014-01-13, 22:02)Dekker500 Wrote:
Code:

Do you have a show/episode name/number that produces the above error? Immediately prior to that message, there might have been another error - do you have that message available? I'm not familiar with that particular scraper, but it looks like the de-serialize method is failing. If I can simulate your dir structure for that particular show, I could see the error in action.

Here we go:
Code:
53:19.8    EmberAPI.ModulesManager    EmberAPI.ErrorLogger.Warn    21    WARN    "No generic modules defined <TVImageNaming>
   at EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric(ModuleEventType mType, List`1& _params, Object _refparam, Boolean RunOnlyOne)
   at EmberAPI.Images.SaveAsSeasonFanart(DBTV mShow, String sURL)
   at EmberScraperModule.Scraper.ScraperObject.SaveAllTVInfo()
   at EmberScraperModule.Scraper.ScraperObject.bwtvDB_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
"
55:57.4    EmberScraperModule.Scraper+TVImages    EmberAPI.ErrorLogger.Error    10    ERROR    "Specified cast is not valid.
55:57.4    EmberAPI.ModulesManager    EmberAPI.ModulesManager.RunGeneric    10    TRACE    "Could not run generic module <Notifications>
   at EmberAPI.ErrorLogger.Error(Type type, String msg, String stkTrace, String title, Boolean Notify)
   at EmberScraperModule.Scraper.TVImages.Clone()
   at EmberScraperModule.dlgTVImageSelect.SetDefaults()
   at EmberScraperModule.dlgTVImageSelect.DownloadAllImages()
   at EmberScraperModule.dlgTVImageSelect.bwLoadImages_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
"

It happens to me on almost all shows. As test I use Green Wing
(http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78899&lid=7) with fake empty mp4 files as I do not own the show
and, as preference in the settings, Italian with fall back on English

Hoping this helps to repro.

Dan,
after the last changes you put in the API text boxes do not show the message anymore if there is no API.
why you removed them?

try a clean build (delete the DEV folder)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - DanCooper - 2014-01-16

Yes. TMDB, fanart.tv and TVDB API keys are now embedded and private keys no longer needed. But i have forget to change the textbox help text/hints.

(2014-01-16, 11:59)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan,
this... what? Smile

The same function is achieved removing the movie/show and updating the library. Also it does not generate any issue of "empty screen"

so I'm quite confused...

F5 make a rescan of the folder you have selected to find new content inside this folder. If you add or remove a trailer manually you can update the database only for this movie. There is no other function that will do the same, you can only rescan to the entire library with the "reload all movies" funktion.

(2014-01-16, 14:11)DanCooper Wrote: Yes. TMDB, fanart.tv and TVDB API keys are now embedded and private keys no longer needed. But i have forget to change the textbox help text/hints.

(2014-01-16, 11:59)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan,
this... what? Smile

so I'm quite confused...

F5 make a rescan of the folder you have selected to find new content inside this folder. If you add or remove a trailer manually you can update the database only for this movie. There is no other function that will do the same, you can only rescan to the entire library with the "reload all movies" funktion.

the problem is that F5 does NOT work on shows. Try on a show that is NOT scraped. It will remove all the series and all episodes leaving to a blank screen, there is no way to get them back apart from deleting the show and updating the library.

(2014-01-16, 14:11)DanCooper Wrote: Yes. TMDB, fanart.tv and TVDB API keys are now embedded and private keys no longer needed. But i have forget to change the textbox help text/hints.

If they are not needed we can remove the edit boxes and requests. Correct?
Will you do it?

M

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - DanCooper - 2014-01-16

I have fixed that in 1.3.x
Let me check that this evening.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - T-bird_se - 2014-01-16

(2014-01-06, 21:53)Dekker500 Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 13:50)T-bird_se Wrote: Am I the only one suffering the rating error?
If so that make me think if it's an national setting in OS for handle numbers, I'm a swed and we have , (comma) as decimal separator and not . (dot)
The rating number is stored in a text field in DB with dot valus, so it must be converted to number somewhere to calculate the stars.

Has it been any changes in that area for this version as I never had any problem in any of previous versions of Ember?

(2013-12-30, 15:15)Dekker500 Wrote: I think that is my fault, but I can't fix/test until next week, when I get back to my Dev machine. Thanks for the report though. I had only considered the culture of the data, not the culture of the user's machine!

Just as an FYI, when it fails it replaces it with a value of 0. Just something to look out for.

I just committed the fix for this, and am awaiting Dan to merge it back in. Once it is merged and a new release is made, I'll let you know so you can re-test.
Done a quick test with 20140110 beta and my errors from rating and aspect ratio is done

thx for fixing that