Kodi Community Forum
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=172394)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - delboy13 - 2014-01-18

[/quote]
Did this get in to 20140110 version?
If so it's broken and there are other bugs to in sets manager

When you create sets the included movies is visible in the set list, but if you close it and reopen again it's empty but the sets tag is written in to the nfo

If you want me to file a bug report say so and I do it
[/quote]

im using Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20131227 made sets using sets manager bot not showing on xbmc 12.1

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - T-bird_se - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 15:22)delboy13 Wrote:
Quote:Did this get in to 20140110 version?

When you create sets the included movies is visible in the set list, but if you close it and reopen again it's empty but the sets tag is written in to the nfo

im using Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20131227 made sets using sets manager bot not showing on xbmc 12.1

Rescan in XBMC and use local info
There is also a setting to make use it, think it's skin specific, but it works in confluence

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - JCMatos - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 15:32)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 15:22)delboy13 Wrote:
Quote:Did this get in to 20140110 version?

There is also a setting to make use it, think it's skin specific, but it works in confluence

I think what he is talking about is that in EMM when you go to Sets Manager -> create a set -> Select the movies, Ember shows the names of movies in the set. If you close Sets Manager and open it again Ember shows the set you created but does not show the movies in the set even though the nfo has the set tag (also the movies in the set don't show in the movies list on the right).

It appears that Sets manager in EMM has a bug and does not show the movies you have in the sets despite showing the set correctly, the movies in the set not listed in the right colum and the nfo having a set tag.

I'm having this same problem using Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20140110 and only noticed it yesterday when creating a new set in Ember.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - T-bird_se - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 16:02)JCMatos Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 15:22)delboy13 Wrote: im using Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20131227 made sets using sets manager bot not showing on xbmc 12.1

I think what he is talking about is that in EMM when you go to Sets Manager -> create a set -> Select the movies, Ember shows the names of movies in the set. If you close Sets Manager and open it again Ember shows the set you created but does not show the movies in the set even though the nfo has the set tag (also the movies in the set don't show in the movies list on the right).

It appears that Sets manager in EMM has a bug and does not show the movies you have in the sets despite showing the set correctly, the movies in the set not listed in the right colum and the nfo having a set tag.

I'm having this same problem using Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20140110 and only noticed it yesterday when creating a new set in Ember.
That was what I was reporting
delboy13 is using older ember version and says he can't see the sets in XBMC, a completely different subject

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - Cocotus - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 16:02)JCMatos Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 15:22)delboy13 Wrote: im using Ember Media Manager 1.4 - 20131227 made sets using sets manager bot not showing on xbmc 12.1

ok guys I did some changes in the setmanager on the last beta - I will take a look!

EDIT:
Fixed the bug - now movies in set will be shown again - I tweaked the movie list display on the right side of setsmanager. Now only movies will be listed there which are not part of any movieset (since XBMC doesn't support a movie belonging to multiple moviesets)

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - m.savazzi - 2014-01-19

team with regards to the idea of workign directly on the XBMC database:
(2013-09-15, 00:02)LoL Wrote:
(2013-09-14, 23:38)RockDawg Wrote: I understand what you're saying. The problem is that XBMC's update library function is that it only adds new movies or episodes. It won't update an existing video who's nfo has changed.

+1
Exactly what I was thinking: it used to work and it was a great feature I miss very often... I really hope there is a way to fix it.

I found in the XBMC wiki a Solution (XBMC side) they suggest.
Open the media folder properties and change the content from Movies / TV Show to Nothing and apply.
This will remove (in the correct way) all the contents from the DB.

Then you can put back the right content type and update library. This will import all the new info.

For large libraries this is really annoying as the second phase will take quite long.

Also you'll loose all the viewed info (if not stored in the NFO).

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - jiggsaw - 2014-01-19

Sorry if this has been done already but has support for Offline TV shows been added?

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - m.savazzi - 2014-01-19

(2014-01-19, 17:19)jiggsaw Wrote: Sorry if this has been done already but has support for Offline TV shows been added?

not that I know

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - DanCooper - 2014-01-19

(2014-01-19, 17:19)jiggsaw Wrote: Sorry if this has been done already but has support for Offline TV shows been added?

Nope. I'm working on OfflineMediaManager for movies.
When I'm done I will look the tv shows.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - jiggsaw - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-19, 20:19)DanCooper Wrote:

Nope. I'm working on OfflineMediaManager for movies.
When I'm done I will look the tv shows.

Great.. sounds good.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - huttdes - 2014-01-24

Why does this program always seem to have problems. It is my favorite program for metadata...when it works!
I only use it every month or two to get my metadata caught up.
I tried to use it last night 1.3.0.17 and it would only scrape lo res artwork... (my settings are correct...worked before and no changes made)
So I noticed there were upgrades.
I downloaded 1.4.... after having to shut my virus protection because it wants to delete half the files for the program.... 1.4 wouldn't scrape anything.
If I would click a movie and hit rescrape it would simply pop up the info window and do nothing.

As much as I don't want to I'm thinking of moving over to MCM...
Am I the only one having issues?

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - DanCooper - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-24, 14:23)huttdes Wrote: Why does this program always seem to have problems. It is my favorite program for metadata...when it works!
I only use it every month or two to get my metadata caught up.
I tried to use it last night 1.3.0.17 and it would only scrape lo res artwork... (my settings are correct...worked before and no changes made)
So I noticed there were upgrades.
I downloaded 1.4.... after having to shut my virus protection because it wants to delete half the files for the program.... 1.4 wouldn't scrape anything.
If I would click a movie and hit rescrape it would simply pop up the info window and do nothing.

As much as I don't want to I'm thinking of moving over to MCM...
Am I the only one having issues?

You need 1.3.18, TMDB has change the image servers.

1.4.x is still beta and you need private API Keys for TMDB, Fanart.tv and TVDB. From the next release which will no longer be necessary, we have added new keys in the code.

We can not help it if your virus scanner deletes files. This is due to the great features such as "I guess if that could be a virus". If you were to read the messages of the Virescanners properly you knew it. In addition, this topic has been discussed already 1000 times.

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - huttdes - 2014-01-24

(2014-01-24, 14:47)DanCooper Wrote: You need 1.3.18, TMDB has change the image servers.

1.4.x is still beta and you need private API Keys for TMDB, Fanart.tv and TVDB. From the next release which will no longer be necessary, we have added new keys in the code.

We can not help it if your virus scanner deletes files. This is due to the great features such as "I guess if that could be a virus". If you were to read the messages of the Virescanners properly you knew it. In addition, this topic has been discussed already 1000 times.

Ok, cool... I don't know what made me skip over 1.3.18 and go straight to the beta...

As for the virus thing, I know. That was more of a complaint about my virus software than about EMM. I've seen the discussions and if I didn't think it was safe I wouldn't have disabled it Big Grin

Thanks for the fast reply. I've not yet donated to EMM but I will today since I think it is a worthwhile program. >>>Edit.... DONE!

Any chance of incorporating auto updates into this program so issues like this don't come up?

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - huttdes - 2014-01-25

Ok newer version is working but still having a couple issues.
Poster and fanart are downloading at full resolution but extrathumbs are downloading at the lowest weather I do it automatically or manually.

Just to confirm I understand the settings... under 'scrapers - images & trailers'
In the extrathumbs section...
If you check 'extract during scrapers'. Does this extract images from my video file?
'Download all fanart images'.... This is obviously downloaded fanart. I have 'Large' selected
I've tried both ways and still get low res extra thumbs. 300X169 to be exact

What am I doing wrong?
I've never had this problem in the past....

RE: BETA Ember 1.4 - 20140110 - DanCooper - 2014-01-25

There are 2 settings for the Extrathumbs:one for autscraping, one for manually scraping.
You have found the autoscraping setting, the other is under Movie -> images & trailers -> Native -> TMDB Extrahumb Size.

... and yes, "extract" take pictures from movie file if no fanarts are found on TMDB.