Kodi Community Forum
expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house (/showthread.php?tid=172777)

expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - cincocero - 2013-09-04

If i have a mac mini with xbmc hooked up to my home theatre in my living room can i expand it to my bedroom with an apple tv3.if so how ?

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - nokdim - 2013-09-05

not with an apple tv3, your cheapest solution would be like a PS3 or any smart tv will pick up UPnP (wiki) sources and play the content. or you can run XBMC on a Raspberry_Pi (wiki) or NUC (wiki) or an ATV (wiki) version 1 or 2 and run UPnP (wiki) on your MAC mini and extend the media to your other rooms.

Do you have HD content?
will the remote machine be on wifi or hardwired connection?

If possible get hardwired as opposed to wifi or powerline but if its all SD content you can do powerline or wifi...

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - cincocero - 2013-09-05

i have a ps3 in the bedroom. Not sure how to sync it thou. the fios router is also in the bedroom.sorry I'm not tech savy. trying to learn.

expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - j2048b - 2013-09-05

Shoot ps3 wont play crap! Ive tried and everything comes up as unsupported... Unless im missing something?

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Ned Scott - 2013-09-05

AirPlay mirroring from the MacMini to ATV3. Use a smartphone/tablet app to control XBMC. If the MacMini is "too old" for AirPlay mirroring, you might be able to use AirParrot software to enable it.

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Paul J Martins - 2014-03-09

How to run xbmc to three different TV

Re: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - nickr - 2014-03-09

Buy a computer for each tv.

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Chris Ryan - 2014-03-10

ned…could you please elaborate on the setup you mentioned, i'm trying to do the same thing.. i do have the xbmc remote on my iPhone,,,would this work to control the xbmc app on the mini? if so, would it have to be on all the time (or awake) to access it?

on a somewhat related note, if i wanted to share the library on the mini in the living room to another mac downstairs and i used upnp, would the "slave" xvmc read all the mods done to the "master" setup? i used confluence modified skin and made a lot of changes to buttons and playlists, etc

Thanks!

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Ned Scott - 2014-03-10

XBMC would have to be running on the Mini if you wanted to airplay mirror it to the ATV3. It would be just as if the Mini was plugged directly into the TV, but instead of HDMI it is instead using AirPlay mirroring to an ATV3.

For UPnP, only library metadata gets sent over UPnP. No skin settings or any other XBMC settings are shared.

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Tahman - 2014-06-30

G'day there. I joined the forum a moment ago. Thus this is my first post.

I was 'forced' to use XMBC two days ago in order to watch a new provider's video streaming service. I watched a movie in HD immediately. WOW!

Now I want to incorporate XBMC into my home LAN as follows.

My ISP provides me with a very reliable 10 to 15 Mbps ADSL2+ broadband service.

My modem/router is located on a wall near the telephone jack. It is connected to an EOP adapter.

My primary PC is located in my study. It is connected to a router, which in turn is connected to a second EOP adapter.

I run MediaMall's PlayOn server on my primary PC. Thus I can watch Netflix in my study. It runs perfectly.

But I prefer to watch Netflix on the TV in the living room with the family. The TV is an old Sony HD 36" CRT without HDMI inputs. It has 2 component and 4 composite inputs. I have a WD HDTV Live media player connected to a third EOP adapter and the TV's component input. Netflix runs perfectly.

I want to watch my new provider's video streaming service on my old TV. Would someone tell me how to do it please.

I once owned a PS3 with various component, composite and HDMI outputs. I used to play BD movies from the PS3 to the TV's component input. It worked perfectly ... until my daughter's boyfriend 'borrowed' it. Thus nokdim's post of 2013-09-05 08:02 excited my interest. Could I use a PS3 to watch my new provider's video streaming service on my old TV?

I also use WMC on my primary PC to record live TV and watch it later. Could I use the same PS3 as a WMC Extender and watch those recorded videos later?

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Memphiz - 2014-06-30

Just curious which provider forces you to use XBMC?

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Tahman - 2014-07-02

http://www.cccamshare.co.uk/stock/streaming-services/

RE: expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - illiac4 - 2014-07-02

Smile will not last long since it is a pirated site for offering videos.

expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - j2048b - 2014-07-02

(2014-06-30, 06:58)Tahman Wrote: G'day there. I joined the forum a moment ago. Thus this is my first post.

I was 'forced' to use XMBC two days ago in order to watch a new provider's video streaming service. I watched a movie in HD immediately. WOW!

Now I want to incorporate XBMC into my home LAN as follows.

My ISP provides me with a very reliable 10 to 15 Mbps ADSL2+ broadband service.

My modem/router is located on a wall near the telephone jack. It is connected to an EOP adapter.

My primary PC is located in my study. It is connected to a router, which in turn is connected to a second EOP adapter.

I run MediaMall's PlayOn server on my primary PC. Thus I can watch Netflix in my study. It runs perfectly.

But I prefer to watch Netflix on the TV in the living room with the family. The TV is an old Sony HD 36" CRT without HDMI inputs. It has 2 component and 4 composite inputs. I have a WD HDTV Live media player connected to a third EOP adapter and the TV's component input. Netflix runs perfectly.

I want to watch my new provider's video streaming service on my old TV. Would someone tell me how to do it please.

I once owned a PS3 with various component, composite and HDMI outputs. I used to play BD movies from the PS3 to the TV's component input. It worked perfectly ... until my daughter's boyfriend 'borrowed' it. Thus nokdim's post of 2013-09-05 08:02 excited my interest. Could I use a PS3 to watch my new provider's video streaming service on my old TV?

I also use WMC on my primary PC to record live TV and watch it later. Could I use the same PS3 as a WMC Extender and watch those recorded videos later?

U can use the ps3 to watch playon.... Just sayin'.... I did it for years

expanding xbmc to other rooms in my house - Memphiz - 2014-07-02

Lol - my Support ends here... Read the Forum rules