Kodi Community Forum
Linux Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Linux Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. (/showthread.php?tid=173474)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - shadow - 2013-09-14

With the latest release of makemkv it now emulates libaacs and libbdplus for transparent background decryption for any libbluray based app. I can't believe they hid this info in the forums and didn't include it in the changelog.

I have just tested it with a couple of my Blu-rays including one with bd+ and one with the newest aacs v42 version they both worked great under mplayer.

When I get time I will test it on my XBMC system but it will take a little work because you have to uninstall libaacs0 which is a xbmc dependancy

One other note I had to uninstall my git version of libbluray and use the version that came from Ubuntu's repo since the git version caused video corruption.

Makemkv's instructions to set this up
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7009

Maybe some can make BXMC detect libmmbd.so.0 and prefer its use if available to save people from working around apt trying to uninstall xbmc if removing libaacs0

I would prefer a open source solution but until they get better I will use this option.

Re: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - nickr - 2013-09-14

Nice. Thanks for pointing this out.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - fritsch - 2013-09-15

And to add: it is working :-)

Re: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - nickr - 2013-09-15

In terms of installation, why remove the libaacs0 package? Simply rm the 2 library files it installs and then do the symlinking. apt will think libaacs0 is still installed and won't remove xbmc due to dependency issues.

Of course this will break when apt installs an update to libaacs0 package.

To get around that one could make a dummy libaacs0 deb with a high version number? The dummy package simply does the symlinking. If the version number is high enough apt will never think the repository has a newer version.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - shadow - 2013-09-15

that is basically what I planned, just replace files and then lock libaacs0 with synaptic I just haven't had time yet

Re: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - nickr - 2013-09-15

Will have to fire up the laptop and try this out later.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - teeedubb - 2013-09-15

Very cool.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - Wozza_au - 2013-09-15

Hi
Ok Im lost,Ive been using makemkv with the addon to play blurays in XBMC, so what does this new info mean ? does it mean I can now just use xbmc internal disc player insert a disc and then play it, or does this just mean you can now use another external without major headaches..sorry for all the dumb ass questions Smile
Oh yeah I did try uninstalling libaacs0 then autoremove as I was prompted to before rereading the OP, big mistake lol luckily I always backup before I have a tinker..anyway a step by step would be appreciated if you sort it out
thanks

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - shadow - 2013-09-15

yes you should be able to put in a disc them just use the internal player. I have not looked into it in a very long time so I forget if XBMCs play disc does bluray yet so that may need tweaking. but with this a disc will work like any make mkv decrypted backup, just without the tipping time or hard drive space needed

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - spiff - 2013-09-15

any sanely configured box will look in /usr/local first. leave your /usr that is the packaging systems domain... no need to remove anything.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - nickr - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-15, 15:41)spiff Wrote: any sanely configured box will look in /usr/local first. leave your /usr that is the packaging systems domain... no need to remove anything.
There is nothing in /usr/local in this setup.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - fritsch - 2013-09-15

Never the less spiff is correct. If you check ld.conf you will see where such objects are searched.

But to be honest hear - i did not get it picked up in the new location. If in doubt, meta package them or use dpkg-divert.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - teeedubb - 2013-09-15

Anyone gotten makemkv 1.8.5 to compile for OE3.2? The patches from 1.8.3 dont apply to 1.8.5 and without them the build fails.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - shadow - 2013-09-16

I have finally had time to test this on my dedicated XBMC system and it does work. Here are my notes on getting it to work

I am using xbmcbuntu based on Ubuntu 12.04 upgraded with a couple week old nightly
Putting the symlinks in /usr/local/lib didn't work for xbmc I still had to delete my other installed libaacs files the apt package has them in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ and I also had some in /usr/lib from a git compile nothing worked until both were gone.
The "Play Disc" doesn't work to start a disc I went to Videos > Files > "disc label" > BDMV then it came up with the menu that gives its best guess at main title or open menu list (same as when opening a decrypted backup/iso. Clicking on one brought up the video fine.

I didn't test if you have to previously start makemkv and accept the start of a 30 day trial since I had already did it. Also note these betas expire every couple months so if you forget to keep upgrading versions it may stop and have no way of warning you about your old version like it does in the GUI and it's not old enough for anyone other then the devs to know.

RE: Linux now has a completely working libaacs and libbdplus option. - nickr - 2013-09-16

Glad you tested. There is something wrong with either my external bluray drive or the disk I was trying as it doesn't work with vlc, makemkv or xbmc. I keep getting seek errors.

Re expiry, you do have the option of paying E50 and getting a permanent licence Smile