Kodi Community Forum
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library (/showthread.php?tid=173799)

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-11-20

Hi All,

For all those people that are keen to try out Gotham with TvTunes, I have done a change that I hope will get it working, the diff is just overwriting the two files highlighted in commit revision r105:

http://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=105

WARNING: I have regression tested this on Frodo - and it seems OK, however I do not have a Gotham Test system set-up yet, so have not verified it there!

Please let me know if you brave it and if so - how you get on!

Thanks, Rob

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-11-22

Hi All,

I have now had time to test the current Beta TvTunes with Gotham after my recent updates. Things seem to work OK and I have now published version 3.2.3 on the beta repository.

That was the final outstanding bug fix / feature that I am aware of for TV Tunes. (So now is the time to speak if you have any issues you wish to report)

The Big Question

Anyone following the forum since I started work on TV Tunes will be aware that the reason the current TV Tunes can not go into the official repository is because of a change I had to put in to stop the screen-saver disrupting the Theme playing (after which point things went a bit wierd!).

Since I put that fix in, other features have followed which means we might be able to reduce the impact of the problem, leaving us 2 options:

1) Keep things exactly how they are and have the 3.2.3 remain in the Beta repository

2) Disable the screensaver fix (Comment it out so that users could enable it if they wish) and mandate that users need to set the "Fade out after playing for (minutes)" to less than their screen saver value. Then submit it to the official add-on repository for Frodo and Gotham.

Please can people share their opinion.

Thanks, Rob

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - wgstarks - 2013-11-22

IMO option 2 would be best. If I understand correctly (which is not always the case Smile) the fix that created this issue initially may not be necessary in Gotham? Regardless, getting the addon into the official repo would seem to be the first step towards having it incorporated into the various skins.

Just my two cents.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-11-22

Good evening to you all,

The only fact that would stop me from supporting bringing this into the Gotham repo is the non-availability of a current official fix for the screensaver issue in Gotham. However, this non-availability is, apparently, only momentary, since developer Montellesse manifested a few weeks ago that he would be pursuing a fix. In his words from exchange on thread Feature Request - Gotham API/JSON for Screensaver Sleep Time Value:
(2013-10-03, 08:56)rob_webset Wrote: Please would it be possible to have an additional API of JSON interface to replace the now deleted:
Code:
screensavertime = xbmc.executehttpapi( "GetGUISetting(0;screensaver.time)" ).replace( "<li>", "" )
This would allow Python Add-on developers to work out how long they have before the screensave kicks in

Thanks, Rob
(2013-10-22, 09:04)Montellese Wrote: Not really. I have my own TODO list but it usually just gets longer and longer and everything depends on how much time I have to work on something and obviously what is most fun to work on. Right now I have very little time for XBMC but my goal is to get JSON-RPC support for getting and setting settings so that would probably cover your request. It's also one of the features that is allowed to go in after the initial Gotham feature freeze.
Now, please correct me if I am wrong: it transpires from the exchange that a fix is imminent and will be present in Gotham sooner or later. Therefore I support option 2 as well, which sounds to me a more sensible approach for the common good of the whole XBMC community using the original version of TVTunes, so now they could upgrade to its new state. The more skinners supporting Rob's new TVTunes translates basically into more users able to install it and enjoy its goodness. Alas this process won't fire up properly until the add-on gets into the official repo, just as wgstarks manifests on post #213.

Option 2 would also be in line with team member Martijn's earlier request on post #120 as follows:
(2013-10-03, 10:13)Martijn Wrote: I would suggest having two versions/ one for official repo and one for your own repo including the screensaver hack until it's available in Gotham. Then when that's in you can adapt and add it to repo and anyone will auto receive the updated version. By installing his repo you acknowledge that you understand that will receive the "beta" version for testing/using but please keep the addon id the same for consistency and ease of use for everyone.

In synthesis and if option 2 is to be embraced, we would have the following versions of TVTunes:
1) We have an official TVTunes for Frodo which won't change and is to be considered frozen
2) We will have an official TVTunes for Gotham by rob_webset in the official repo.

Regardless of bringing the new add-ons into the official repo, would you, Rob, be inclined in keeping the development branch in your google code repo or moving everything to Git? If the former, all those interested in carrying on feature development along with you can continue the enhancement and beta testing at google code if you wished, and updating the official version in Gotham's repo when new builds are working OK and stable. What are your thoughts on this and what would you like it to be? If so, then a third version?:
3) An unofficial TVTunes for beta testing on google code containing all the latest development.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-11-23

Hi All,

TvTunes 4.0.0 should now be available in the official releases repo.

I have bumped the version to 4.0.0 now as it highlights the number of changes that have gone in since the last official repo version (v3.0.8 I think). And the Gotham support

The robwebset releases section of the repo will remain (for future Betas), but at the moment it will have a lower version of TvTunes in it - so everyone should get auto updated to the official version the next time they start XBMC.

Enjoy!

Rob

Note: Request for skin updates: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178704

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - swatbat2142 - 2013-11-24

I have some issues, Catching up to all this I came here because of a weird instance I see and it started when I install TvTunes. Playing the TV track and then exiting all the way out this weird screensaver thing appears which is described here. So I went to check and I am all out of whack. I have 4 systems and they all have different versions

1- v3.2.2
2- v3.0.8
3- v3.0.8
4- v4.0.0

I go to the XBMC add-ons and it says 3.0.8, but I can see (using the computer with 4.0.0 on it) that the changelog clearly shows higher revs.

Not sure how all this got out of whack, but can someone give me a download link to the 4.0.0 zip version so I can install? I have Frodo 12.2 with Back Row 4.1.0. Thanks

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - swatbat2142 - 2013-11-24

Figured out I can just take the zip file in the computer that had the 4.0.0 and then use it to install to the others. All well

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - AeronNL - 2013-11-24

hey guys,

is it possible to play the theme music from within the homescreen widget?
For let's say the latest episode or latest movies widget?
Or is it just possible from within the library sections?

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 13:21)AeronNL Wrote: is it possible to play the theme music from within the homescreen widget?
For let's say the latest episode or latest movies widget?
Or is it just possible from within the library sections?

Only in the Video sections Tv Shows or Movies.

ok, thnx!
Is there a way to implement this somehow?

By the way, i don't see the button on the info screen for my movies (4.1.9).
How can i enable this?
Also, do i really have to monitor when TvTunes downloads the themes when not an exact theme is found?
Or is there a way to skip when an exact match isn't found?
The reason i ask is because i have about 250 movies so that would take up some time.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Wanilton - 2013-11-24

@AeronNL, skin need have support, in aeon mq 5, it´s fine (frodo or gotham).

(2013-11-24, 13:59)Wanilton Wrote: @AeronNL, skin need have support, in aeon mq 5, it´s fine (frodo or gotham).

Ah i see, thats too bad Sad
Thnx for replying though!

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 13:59)Wanilton Wrote: @AeronNL, skin need have support, in aeon mq 5, it´s fine (frodo or gotham).

Hi Wanilton,

Do you know if Aeon MQ 5 is upto date for 4.0.0, highlighted:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178704

Thanks

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - wgstarks - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 13:48)AeronNL Wrote: ok, thnx!
Is there a way to implement this somehow?

By the way, i don't see the button on the info screen for my movies (4.1.9).
How can i enable this?

The "Fetch" button doesn't work with Aeon Nox. Hopefully someone will find the proper skin mod.

Quote:Also, do i really have to monitor when TvTunes downloads the themes when not an exact theme is found?
Or is there a way to skip when an exact match isn't found?
The reason i ask is because i have about 250 movies so that would take up some time.

You can request enhancements here- https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issues/list?can=1&q=

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - astraldragon - 2013-11-24

Hi,

I just tried using TV Tunes on my HTPC and I'm getting errors. My PC is running Ubuntu 13.10. XBMC is running with the Aeon Nox 4 skin. I looked at the log and it looks like it errors out on parsing the delay start property. I have uploaded my log at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=89335. Error happens around line 241 of the log. Looked at the version of python I have installed and it is 2.7.5. I tried running it on my Mac laptop, and it works fine there. Wondering if there is something I need to do to make it work on Ubuntu. Any help would be appreciated.