Kodi Community Forum
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library (/showthread.php?tid=173799)

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Martijn - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 20:42)astraldragon Wrote: Hi,

I just tried using TV Tunes on my HTPC and I'm getting errors. My PC is running Ubuntu 13.10. XBMC is running with the Aeon Nox 4 skin. I looked at the log and it looks like it errors out on parsing the delay start property. I have uploaded my log at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=89335. Error happens around line 241 of the log. Looked at the version of python I have installed and it is 2.7.5. I tried running it on my Mac laptop, and it works fine there. Wondering if there is something I need to do to make it work on Ubuntu. Any help would be appreciated.

stop using RC3 and install the stable version.

@rob_webset

PHP Code:
int(float(__addon__.getSetting("delayStart"))) 
should fix that

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 20:48)Martijn Wrote: @rob_webset

PHP Code:
should fix that

Thanks Martijn!

I've done those changes, so that will be resolved the next time I publish I suppose.

Reading the details on the Add-on wiki, it says that requests to publish should be spaced out and not every fix published (Which I do understand - otherwise you would all e swamped with requests) - so I guess I should hold off.

@astraldragon
Please can you try patching your system using the following file:
http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn-history/r125/trunk/script.tvtunes/resources/tvtunes_backend.py

Just to confirm this is the only problem you are having on Ubuntu?

Thanks

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - astraldragon - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 22:31)rob_webset Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 20:48)Martijn Wrote: @rob_webset

PHP Code:
should fix that

Thanks Martijn!

I've done those changes, so that will be resolved the next time I publish I suppose.

Reading the details on the Add-on wiki, it says that requests to publish should be spaced out and not every fix published (Which I do understand - otherwise you would all e swamped with requests) - so I guess I should hold off.

@astraldragon
Please can you try patching your system using the following file:
http://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn-history/r125/trunk/script.tvtunes/resources/tvtunes_backend.py

Just to confirm this is the only problem you are having on Ubuntu?

Thanks

Rob

Patch resolved my issue. Thanks! Would the root cause be that I was using RC3 version of XBMC, or was it Ubuntu? Do you want me to try TvTunes with the latest stable XBMC?

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Martijn - 2013-11-25

Can very well be this was fixed in final release 12.2

@rob
If no other things found send request for update. Shouldn't delay fixing known bugs to much for general public

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - astraldragon - 2013-11-25

I updated my XBMC on Ubuntu to 12.2 and I still saw the issue. The patched script worked in both cases (RC3 and 12.2). Thanks for the quick turnaround.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - tinybutstrong - 2013-11-30

Using custom centralized folder in TvTunes options, my movies themes are not playing in library list, just in video info dialog (<tab>). If you highlight a movie that has theme, return to home and back to movies library, it plays fine. This is a know issue? version 4.0.1

No issues on TV Shows library.

Skin tested MQ5/Confluence on current Gotham nightly.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-11-30

(2013-11-30, 04:30)tinybutstrong Wrote: Using custom centralized folder in TvTunes options, my movies themes are not playing in library list, just in video info dialog (<tab>). If you highlight a movie that has theme, return to home and back to movies library, it plays fine. This is a know issue? version 4.0.1

No issues on TV Shows library.

Skin tested MQ5/Confluence on current Gotham nightly.

I have just tried this on my test system (Confluence/Frodo) and everything works OK.

I don't want to support Gotham Nightlies (too unstable) - Does it work on the last alpha?

If it still doesn't work, then you may want to post a log.

Thanks, Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - VanillaXtract - 2013-11-30

I am having an issue getting TVTunes to save the theme.mp3 file. I am running Gotham alpha 10 on Ubuntu 13.10. My media is on a WHS2011 machine. It also runs MySQL for the databases. TVTunes shows it is saving the theme.mp3 but is failing to do so. I doubt it

XBMC Logs

UPDATE: My fault. I set my xbmc account on the server to read-only to prevent children accidently deleting files.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - tinybutstrong - 2013-11-30

Right rob_webset, I'll wait the alpha10 to be released to test again and report here if necessary. Thanks anyway.

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - VanillaXtract - 2013-11-30

alpha10 is on ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-12-01

(2013-11-30, 19:48)VanillaXtract Wrote: UPDATE: My fault. I set my xbmc account on the server to read-only to prevent children accidently deleting files.

Glad you found the cause Big Grin

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-01

Good morning Rob,

Wold it be possible to consider working on the following features?

TvTunes
Feature 1.1) the implementation of a 'Theme' folder, so themes (specially when there are multiple themes) could be more easily handled and better organised, without cluttering the video folders.

I have slowly started e-mailing my movie themes to jay at televisiontunes.com and I have realised that a little improvement in the way TVTunes Downloader saves the themes within the video folder would be most welcome:
Feature 1.2) Could we find a way to save the themes with the title name for which they are found in TVTunes? or alternatively save them using the title of the movie/tv show to which they belong, appending a numeric suffix to list them, if there are more themes than just one?

I basically have realised that since there are usually more than one theme per movie, and also for indexing purposes, specifically when I am trying to find and organise my movie themes, it is better to have them in the form <movie (ETI)>-theme.ext, where ETI is the extended title information such as 'opening theme' or 'ending theme' or 'the final fight', or whatever that gives a description of the particular theme (up to the user).

We know that TVTunes will work with almost any naming convention as long as the word theme is present. However this is not about what TvTunes recognises as theme and rather how things are indexed and standardised for the purpose of downloading and organising. At the moment every tune that gets downloaded gets saved as theme<#>.mp3, where # is the numeric ID of the theme in the folder. So if I e-mail the following themes to televisiontunes.com:

Tarawakamaru, the Koga Ninja (1957) [opening theme]-theme.flac
Tarawakamaru, the Koga Ninja (1957) [duel at okinawa]-theme.flac

One can see above that the themes have been carefully labeled so this useful information can reach the final user. With the actual state of things, these themes will be downloaded to the user's video folder as:
theme1.mp3
theme2.mp3

Thanks for all your work in catapulting TVTunes into a whole new world!

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - robwebset - 2013-12-01

Hi Jav,

I'm wondering if you are confusing terminology here - you are referencing "Extras" in a few places (The "other" add-on) Wink

For feature 1.1:

Are you requesting the option to have a "themes" folder under any given video file? Then have the themes automatically stored there, and played from there? I suppose this is a possibility. (I suppose it would mirror how we store "Extras" on the VideoExtras addon)

For feature 1.2:

I think "dynamically assigning a name" could be troublesome. It would raise several questions - at the moment there is an option when downloading a theme to "overwrite" the default theme (theme.mp3) - I'm not sure what the behaviour would be if we give everything custom names. I think allowing users to alter the theme name was a useful change - but anything where we dynamically name a file automatically is liable for clashes etc - and the user may not be able to understand exactly where the file has been stored after download. At the moment it will always be called theme.mp3.

There is the feature to keep all your themes seperate in a directory structure - this would give the ability, which seems to cover some of the suggestion - but it does mean they are not integrated into the existing directory structure.

Side-Note

I have themes running just for TV Shows at the moment, but I always download them manually because I want to apply replay-gain to them before putting them on the server. That way the volume is always normalised!

Rob

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-02

(2013-12-01, 20:25)rob_webset Wrote: Hi Jav,
I'm wondering if you are confusing terminology here - you are referencing "Extras" in a few places (The "other" add-on) Wink
Rob
Rob,
You are absolutely right and I am sorry for giving you an extra complication understanding this :-). It should read Video folders instead of Extras! I have corrected it to avoid confusion amongst users. Thanks!

(2013-12-01, 20:25)rob_webset Wrote: Hi Jav,

For feature 1.1:

Are you requesting the option to have a "themes" folder under any given video file? Then have the themes automatically stored there, and played from there? I suppose this is a possibility. (I suppose it would mirror how we store "Extras" on the VideoExtras addon)
Exactly! Nod

RE: TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - capfuturo - 2013-12-02

(2013-12-01, 20:25)rob_webset Wrote: For feature 1.2:

I think "dynamically assigning a name" could be troublesome. It would raise several questions - at the moment there is an option when downloading a theme to "overwrite" the default theme (theme.mp3) - I'm not sure what the behaviour would be if we give everything custom names. I think allowing users to alter the theme name was a useful change - but anything where we dynamically name a file automatically is liable for clashes etc - and the user may not be able to understand exactly where the file has been stored after download. At the moment it will always be called theme.mp3.

There is the feature to keep all your themes seperate in a directory structure - this would give the ability, which seems to cover some of the suggestion - but it does mean they are not integrated into the existing directory structure.
I follow your train of thought on this. Perhaps a good place to start would be implementing feature 1.1)? That would at least sort themes in independent folders, so then editing their names manually would be a much easier task. It could even allow a media manager to handle them easier at some point.

I just think it is a shame that the theme's original title information TVTunes downloader displays for the user gets actually lost during downloading and saving; it could save much time. However, I have just inspected the metadata tags that come with several files downloaded via TVTunes and they all seem to have the information written on them! This means the user can consult the metadata tag right from the file without having to search for it manually (and listening to see if it is the right one) online. Then use MusicBrainz Picard for instance to rename them using the theme's title tag, appending the suffix -theme, so TvTunes could handle the themes. I believe this is a valid solution any user interested in organising their themes can afford, that could be manually applied anytime when reviewing the downloaded themes along with the volume normalisation process you mentioned.