Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 (/showthread.php?tid=174501)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - bry - 2013-12-06

Have you tried import/export settings?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Samu-rai - 2013-12-06

(2013-12-06, 02:44)Phishin4dmb Wrote: Hey all, so I'm trying to duplicate my skin installation and setup to a couple installations. The problem I am having is that I can't seem to find the location where the skin copies it's menu/submenu settings. It gives you a option to, "copy properties to storage" but I can't find where "storage" is anywhere. I'm using Openelec. Any help please.

You need to install the script.extendedinfo.

Then go to skin settings, and on the bottom option there will be an option to export skin settings.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - NewMedia - 2013-12-06

I've already mentioned this but after looking at CW's comprehensive examination Smile.. I thought I should illustrate mine as it is slightly different.

Alright, so I play a song as normal and come out of full screen onto the main screen and after a few seconds it shows the artist in the background... great.

Now when I play a song without any associated fanart it shows the previous fanart. I would prefer if it just showed the normal background of the widget rather than a picture of a different artist.

I don't know if this is by design or something else but I remember in MQ4, I believe we had display options to change on both screens. I would just like to know if there are any settings that I'm missing or any ideas or comments. Thx. I guess I could just assign extra fanart for all the ones without (very long process) or remain in full screen but if there are any better options, let me know.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-12-06

I'm already aware of this problem. I'll fix it soon.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - cw-kid - 2013-12-06

(2013-12-05, 10:00)Canozzie Wrote: Hi, another great skin!

Is there a way to populate these 4 empty thumbnail slots shown in the picture below? (Movies - Showcase View, extra thumbnail style) I have artwork downloader addon enabled and working, the extra thumbs work for all movies except movies grouped into sets under movies menu.

I'm guessing i need to create extrathumbs folders for my sets somehow? is this possible and if so can it be automated?

Cheers
Steve

I also have the same thing happening with Collections (Movie Sets):

However if I select an actual movie title then it works as expected:

I don't know how to fix it, but ideally you would want it to pull extra thumbs from the various movie titles in the set and display them randomly, I expect the fix would need some coding by MQ.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - MarcosQui - 2013-12-06

There is nothing to fix in this case. There is no support for Sets/Extrathumbs.

(2013-12-05, 07:25)iblong Wrote: I have only used this skin for about (MQ 4 then 5) 7 months and I am not a free rider(I donated) can't anyone answer this question which would solve my central on going problem with this skin:

Why in Wall View in music doesn't info (artist name) display at top upon cursor selection(mouse over) as it does in Movies Wall view?
What am I doing wrong?

This works for me OK. I don't use a keyboard and mouse on my HTPC's, however I have just checked for you in XBMC / Aeon MQ5 running on my Windows 7 laptop and it seems to work fine.

If I go in to Music-Albums in wall view and move the mouse around over different albums then the name of the artist is displayed at the top left and the album name under that. It also works in Music-Artists in wall view, the artist name is displayed in the top left when you move the mouse and mouse over an artist etc.

Presume in XBMC Settings - System - Input - you have enabled mouse and touch screen support.

Post a screen shot so we can see what you mean.

(2013-12-06, 19:52)MarcosQui Wrote: There is nothing to fix in this case. There is no support for Sets/Extrathumbs.

MQ thanks

If there is no support for it, then that's the answer.
Its not a big issue anyway, I personally prefer fanart style over extra thumbs.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - NewMedia - 2013-12-06

(2013-12-06, 18:56)MarcosQui Wrote: I'm already aware of this problem. I'll fix it soon.

Thanks Marcos. Love the skin.

Bug/Issue?

Is this expected behaviour? When playing a compilation album in full screen mode and when Artist Fanart is selected in OSD Menu Settings, some artists do not show any background fanart and it does not fall back to various artists fanart either.

Test1: Default Fanart is turned on in the music library on the ART pull down menu and Extra Fanart is off

When playing this compilation album:

Any artists that I do not have actual albums of on my file server, do not display any background fanart.

For example whilst playing a track with artist 'Kim Carnes" its blank background, also note the artist logo bug and incorrect logo being displayed.
I do not have any albums by the artist "Kim Carnes"

But if a track plays of an artist I do have albums of on the file server, then their fanart is displayed OK, for example Artist "Madness" I do have some of their albums.

If whilst playing the "Kim Carnes" track, if I go to the main XBMC music menu and wait for the track timings to appear on the main menu, it then SOMETIMES displays the incorrect background fanart for the artist "Madness". Other times it will correctly display random / rotating artist fanarts as I have enabled the option "Background Image - Use Collection Fanarts" in the music menu customization.

Test2: Extra Fanart is turned on in the music library on the ART pull down menu and Default Fanart is off

In this case when playing this same compilation album and in full screen mode, the background is still blank / black and displays no fanart for artists I do not have albums of.

And when on the main XBMC music menu and after the track timings appear, it correctly showed random rotating music artist fanart, because I have turned on "Background Image - Use Collection Fanarts" in the music menu customization.

So what's the solution:

1. Do not use Artist Fanart options in the OSD Menu - Settings, instead use one of the SlideShow options, the background will then display images grabbed by the add-on Artist SlideShow instead. You can also set a fallback folder in the Artist SlideShow add-on which contains generic music fanart images, which get displayed when the add-on cannot find any fanart images of the particular artist that is playing.

2. Aeon MQ5 needs to be altered so when you are using an Artist Fanart option in the OSD Menu - Settings and if no fanart is displayed for an artist, it should fallback and in this case, as this is a Various Artist compilation album, I believe it should instead display the generic "Various Artists" fanart in the background.

And in the case of playing an album that is not a compilation album, just a regular album where that album artist has no fanart being displayed, we should have the option to specify a fallback folder to display some generic music fanart images instead.

Generally speaking music background fanarts in MQ5 are a complete nightmare and have many issues and problems. Undecided

[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - Phishin4dmb - 2013-12-06

(2013-12-06, 10:50)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 02:44)Phishin4dmb Wrote: Hey all, so I'm trying to duplicate my skin installation and setup to a couple installations. The problem I am having is that I can't seem to find the location where the skin copies it's menu/submenu settings. It gives you a option to, "copy properties to storage" but I can't find where "storage" is anywhere. I'm using Openelec. Any help please.

You need to install the script.extendedinfo.

Then go to skin settings, and on the bottom option there will be an option to export skin settings.

Thanks for that, I really appreciate and LOVE this skin hands down Smile

Hi

This doesn't look quite right:

If you look at the screen shot you can see a logo for the artist "DJ Shadow" however he was the last playing track on this compilation album, the artist who is currently playing now (the next track) is "Everything but the girl" yet it is still showing the previous artists logo i.e. "DJ Shadow".

The image(s) in the Artist SlideShow box are correct they are images of the artist "Everything but the girl".

I have an artist folder on the file server for "DJ Shadow" as I have some of his albums, however there is no artist folder on the file server for "Everything but the girl' as I do not have any of their albums they just appear on this compilation album I am playing etc.

Many thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - schumi2004 - 2013-12-07

I think i found some minor issue here.

When i go to file view and enter movies folder and open context menu for a movie folder the menu is not centered in screen and the top of this menu is out of sight.
This normally shouldn't happen but because i need to calibrate video screen to make XBMC TV screen this happens.

I made a screenshot but that doesn't show calibrated view.
The part missing for me is text: Context Menu
This happens because i need to calibrate video to fit my TV

How it looks on my TV

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - carmelshay - 2013-12-07

hey, something is weired, on the movies\music\tv screens theres a black transparent overlay on the upper screen that cover the fanarts and menues,
with a flashing arrow to tthe upper left
anyone know what happened here?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - carmelshay - 2013-12-07

(2013-12-07, 10:56)carmelshay Wrote: hey, something is weired, on the movies\music\tv screens theres a black transparent overlay on the upper screen that cover the fanarts and menues,
with a flashing arrow to tthe upper left
anyone know what happened here?

ok fixed it Smile
upgraded to gothham alpha10 again did the trick

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5 - curtis-r - 2013-12-07

Bug: If you turn on music visualization (tab key) while a library update is going on, then escape-out of the visualization, the update library indicators are gone, thus you have no idea whether the library scan is still going on. Confluence works fine, showing the update library progress even after quitting from visualization. Thanks.