Kodi Community Forum
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU) (/showthread.php?tid=176718)

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Selene - 2014-01-24

I don't understand the point of leaving it on unless you don't have a remote. It boots in like 6 seconds. Using windows 8.1, you can do regedit tricks to make the sleep function on your remote (and or keyboard) shut down instead.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - micoba - 2014-01-24

@Selene

Does your Powerbutton work again? I have the same problem, and would much appreciate if you could tell me how you solved this issue!?

Re: RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - dbldown768 - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-24, 07:07)-DDD- Wrote: "loaded standard intel build off of usb live disk for now. It seems like the blacks are very very gray. "
So you loaded version 3.2.4? I think the grey fix is only in the 4.0 nighties Builds.

Does the gray fix require the autostart.sh xrandr still or I can remove this as well?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - lmyllari - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-25, 00:47)dbldown768 Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 07:07)-DDD- Wrote: "loaded standard intel build off of usb live disk for now. It seems like the blacks are very very gray. "
So you loaded version 3.2.4? I think the grey fix is only in the 4.0 nighties Builds.

Does the gray fix require the autostart.sh xrandr still or I can remove this as well?
It is not needed with nightlies unless your TV does something wrong (like assume full range RGB regardless of infoframes).

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - Richie - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-24, 21:03)Selene Wrote: I don't understand the point of leaving it on unless you don't have a remote. It boots in like 6 seconds. Using windows 8.1, you can do regedit tricks to make the sleep function on your remote (and or keyboard) shut down instead.

Because some of us run central servers and leaving the NUC on keeps the hard drives from sleeping.

I do love how ignorant people are and just assume that if it works how they want it to, it should be fine for everyone else.

Also, if you shut it down, it loses your spot in tv seasons and you have to go back and scroll through all the seasons to get to the right one, pretty annoying for shows with lots of seasons/episodes.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - nickr - 2014-01-25

Broken is broken even if the workaround suits some people.

How does intel get away with this crap?

Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - speedway - 2014-01-25

(2013-12-31, 02:46)Torroa Wrote:
(2013-12-30, 12:27)speedway Wrote: Anybody an idea how to get the Bluetooth part of the Intel 7260HMW at work? Wireless network is working just fine with the latest nightly build, but Bluetooth isn't. Thx in advance.

I had lots of problems getting the bluetooth to function with the 7260 card.

In the BIOS settings I had to disable PCIe ASPM Support. Also I could not get the card working with other than that the drivers provided by Microsoft under Windows 7. With Windows 8.1 on the other hand everything is working just fine and everything is working as it should. Decent drivers for all the video, sound, LAN and WiF, remote, suspend states, UEFI etc is working very nicely indeed.

Yesterday evening I was able to reproduce the problem. Bluetooth adapter is only recognized one time after unplugging the power supply. This means that Openelec is able to recognize the Bluetooth on Intel's 7260 pci-e driver wise. Once the device is shutdown, the Bluetooth module gets impacted by some energy saving measurement of Intel causing not to function anymore under openelec. Anybody experiencing the same problem?

Edit: since a power unplug solves the problem, this may be a hardware/firmware problem?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - micoba - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-25, 06:22)Richie Wrote: I do love how ignorant people are and just assume that if it works how they want it to, it should be fine for everyone else.

Also, if you shut it down, it loses your spot in tv seasons and you have to go back and scroll through all the seasons to get to the right one, pretty annoying for shows with lots of seasons/episodes.

Why the hate? Stay polite!

By the way, you can hide watched seasons/episodes/movies.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - baltik - 2014-01-25

Odd issue with mine
My TV is natively 1366 x 768 and that resolution was automatically selected when I ran XBMC on my last HTPC.
When I switched to the I3 NUC running the exact same version of OpenElec that resolution is no longer available and I am forced to run 720p with odd overscan issues such as the odd checkerboard pattern on the right side of the screen

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - fritsch - 2014-01-25

Add a custom Modeline to a minimal xorg.conf that you put to /storage/.config/xorg.conf

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - baltik - 2014-01-26

Ok thinking about making the jump to nightlies from Frodo - reticent to do so because I will lose my smart playlists and home customizations.
Is Aeon Nox working reliably on the nightlies - if not, what skin are people using?
The primary thing I would be gaining is improved color accuracy and improved rendering (vaapi) right?
Any other things to consider prior to making the jump?

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - dbldown768 - 2014-01-27

I just pretty much finalized my NUC. I am running the gotham build version of openelec. Right now everything thing seems to be working just fine. The 'gray' screen is fixed The only issue I have is with the 'sleep' function. I still was not able to get the machine to go to sleep correctly. My work around for the moment was to disabled WOL in the bios as other suggested and use the 'shutdown' power off instead. The only problem I am having here is waking up my shared (mysql) database when the pc starts back up. I'm going to look into this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Auto_wake_on_lan and see if it fixes my issues.

If it does, while suspend would be nice, this thing will still power up over IR even when fully shutdown - if i have to wait a few seconds more who cares.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - d_hero - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-25, 06:22)Richie Wrote:
(2014-01-24, 21:03)Selene Wrote: I don't understand the point of leaving it on unless you don't have a remote. It boots in like 6 seconds. Using windows 8.1, you can do regedit tricks to make the sleep function on your remote (and or keyboard) shut down instead.

Because some of us run central servers and leaving the NUC on keeps the hard drives from sleeping.

I do love how ignorant people are and just assume that if it works how they want it to, it should be fine for everyone else.

Plus, if its off, it doesn't receive the notifications from my download manager and therefore the library is out of date. With NZBDrone, when it sends a notification to XBMC that there is a new TV Show, its automatically added to the library (without having to do a full update), so everyday the system has 5-6 new shows just waiting to be watched. If I shut it down, the notifications don't get received and the library has to be manually updated every time. Granted, not a massive deal but not what I want or need to do when leaving it on is a better solution for me.

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - dbldown768 - 2014-01-27

I'd like to try one of these 3d trailers on this machine. Do i have to do anything special for xbmc for 3d?
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/3d-high-definition-trailers.php

RE: Intel NUC - HTPC (Haswell Late 2013 edition) - richiebrowns - 2014-01-27

Is this 'grey' error affecting the i3 model?