Kodi Community Forum
Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 (/showthread.php?tid=177632)

Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - Piers - 2013-11-10

I've tried every single skin available, including WIP skins. Why? Simple - I like to play around and see new front-end innovation. However I always come back to Xperience1080, it's the only skin I've found that uses the home screen to its full advantage whilst keeping a clean and linear layout.

I'm considering creating a mockup of a revised version that I hope to work on, it will keep the majority of functionality - especially the home screen - but have a new video OSD similar to the Rapier skin as well as a few colour changes and less rounded edges on various elements.

Any way, this is just a thread to say thank you to `Black for all of his work.

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - fabiomello - 2013-11-10

+1, i totally agree.
also tried everything, but there's always something missing that make me come back to xperience1080. it's the perfect balance of form and function on xbmc. keeping almost everything easy to access (by favorites, favorites everywhere) and beautiful views (info list being my favorite).
what i'm really hoping that happens in the future versions of the skin is an more 'flatter', xbox one/immersive/iOS 7-ish style.

but sincerely, thank you 'Black for making the skin that i use everyday for almost two years.

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - `Black - 2013-11-10

And thank you for appreciating my work. Smile

The skin will probably more flat in the future but never completely flat I think. New osd for example is more flat but still not finished because I can't find a good solution to integrate the controls nicely...

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - krish_2k4 - 2013-11-10

+1

Yeap, I keep a keen eye on the WIP Skin forum and other skins but I have settled on Xperience1080 simply because it just works and is quick. With work getting busy I just want to turn on XBMC and be presented with my new movies/shows and albums for quick access.

The big plus is the first screen on the dashboard, New Movies / New TV Shows buttons are probably my most used now! Two clicks and I am watching my new episodes, can't ask for much more.

I also like how 'Black is confident in his design UI/UX, as a UI/UX designer myself I appreciate how he doesn't take on every suggestion for tweaks and customisation (some that I even suggested!) and sticks to his vision.

Keep it up!

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - Piers - 2013-11-10

(2013-11-10, 14:06)`Black Wrote: And thank you for appreciating my work. Smile

The skin will probably more flat in the future but never completely flat I think. New osd for example is more flat but still not finished because I can't find a good solution to integrate the controls nicely...

The ideal OSD for me is this one (also this is a mockup I made for a skin I was never able to complete)

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - kri kri - 2013-11-11

Couldn't have said it better myself, excellent work Black, cheers.

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - butchabay - 2013-11-11

Indeed, the best xbmc xperience was switching to xperience1080.
It's fast, elegant, a home menu like no other ... It's just perfect !
Easy acces to unwatched episodes, latest movie releases, kids movies, trailers, radio streams etc. Without infinite scrolling through items ...

Thanx again Black for keeping this skin simple and beautiful as it is!

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - Cassiel - 2013-11-11

Well said and expresses my (e)xperience too!

I tried a lot of skins but Xperience1080 is the the way to go. Can't wait to see the flat look finished! Smile

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - locomot1f - 2013-11-12

+1

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - Piers - 2013-11-12

The OSD image I posted is adapted from Rapier, once `Black has finalized what he wants for the new OSD I will see if I can work that OSD into a new update.

I've also completed a lot of the graphics for a 'flat' skin - some work, some don't. There are elements which I hope to apply but only a few.

The one thing I really don't like about X1080 is this:

I REALLY would prefer if it looked like this (ignore the 5 second photoshop work on the image below Tongue):

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - Jakobsen - 2013-11-13

(2013-11-10, 14:06)`Black Wrote: And thank you for appreciating my work. Smile

I really like the overall design and feel of this.

The only thing I would like to argue is that once you're activating this menu - you're watching a movie. That usually means that plot description is irrelevant as you wouldn't want to be spoiled/read something you've already watched. You could always argue that the cover picture isn't necessary either. I think a mockup where you keep the icons at the top and create a horizontal control bar at the bottom would be awesome. Leave some air between the bottom of the screen and the menu bar still and keep it to just the flat design and icons.

Once again I'd like to thank ´Black for his hard work.

RE: Keeping coming back to Xperience1080 - PantsOnFire - 2013-12-30

Just noticed your htpc spec- 21TB !!