Kodi Community Forum
DTS Audio-CD support (and DTS Audio-CD ISO/IMG/NRG images)? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: DTS Audio-CD support (and DTS Audio-CD ISO/IMG/NRG images)? (/showthread.php?tid=1803)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

DTS Audio-CD support (and DTS Audio-CD ISO/IMG/NRG images)? - supergregg - 2004-03-02

hello there.. first of all.. xbmc is f... sweet! thanks for all you hard work!
i wuld like to request a feature.. the possability to playback
dts-audio cd. its dts sound put on a cd and is playable in any cdplayer with digital out. ofcourse you need a external dts decoder..
i have tryed playing a copple of these disks on the xbmc.. and xbmp.. none of then handle the format.. there must be some form of proccesing going on in the box? all you hear is static. allmost like an old analog modem. Smile
i have tryed selektion all possible passthrou stuff in the settings.. none work..

//supergregg

- Gamester17 - 2004-03-02

not currently possible to do because (we think) the xbox mpc can only pass-through 48khz streams, dts-audio cd's are 44.1khz

- Butcher - 2004-03-02

the mpc only has 48khz output support (passthrough or otherwise). it may be possible to decode the dts cd in software then have the mcp resample it up to 48khz ac3, but at present there's nothing planned for this.

- pike - 2004-03-02

:eeeek: using the mcp-x to do the resampling.

i was thinking it would be way cooler if we found a hq resampler that way hi-fi enthusiasts could use the xbox better for audio purposes (digital out, passthru mcp-x)

- Frodo - 2004-03-02

pike, your idea is nice
however i got no idea how this should b done
if possible at all.
maybe monkeyhappy knows?
frodo

- Butcher - 2004-03-02

will a hq resampler actually be able to run on the xbox? Image

- pike - 2004-03-02

shibatch's ssrc:
Quote:this program converts sampling rate of pcm wav file. also, this program has a function to apply dither to its output and extend perceived dynamic range. sampling rates of 44.1khz and 48khz are populary used, but ratio of these two frequency is 147:160, and it's not a small numbers. therefore, sampling rate conversion without degradation of sound quality requires filter with very large order, and it's difficult to achive both quality and speed. this program achived relatively fast and high quality with two different kinds of filters combined skillfully. download

- pike - 2004-03-02

oh i forgot:
Quote:with celeron 800mhz, cpu power usage is less than 10%. download

homepage

- cgvieira - 2004-06-14

can anyone help with this.
i have a dts audio cd and i can't play it in the xbox.
a strange sound came out.
anybody knows if this kind of media is compatible or what should i do to play this "dts" correctely.
tks in advance.
christian

- pike - 2004-06-14

let's just say: not supported yet Blush

- cgvieira - 2004-06-14

tks pike, but is there another way to play this cd in the xbox?

- God-Send - 2004-06-14

is it a sacd (super audio cd)?? or a dvd audio? those are the only other 2 formats that can contain a full 5.1 signal. in which case you will need to use a special dvd player to use those discs.

i will be trying to rip an sacd in its entirety tomarrow onto my pc hard drive and then see if the xbox will recognize it like that. i will reply and let you know how it goes.

- bowman - 2004-06-14

dts cds are neither sacd nor dvd-audio, they're just regular cds with a 5.1 dts track (most dvd players will play them). there is a feature request for this already @ sf, or at least for having direct digital passthrough for dts cds and raw .dts files. at the moment this only works with dts tracks in video.

hopefully raw .ac3 files could be handled the same way (with direct passthrough).

- mvoosten - 2004-06-14

highly looking forward to this feature.

- pike - 2004-06-14

here's a little explanation why xbmc "supports" dts in movies and not on audiocd's.

dts movies: xbmc supports dts -passthru- of said signal. it doesnt do any actual decoding, just sends it over sp/dif to a receiver. when the passthru feature was developed, the developer found out that only 48khz audio could be used for passthru

dts audiocd: are 44.1khz... we'd need to decode the dts signal for support.