Kodi Community Forum
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes (/showthread.php?tid=180446)

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - bobones - 2015-09-12

@AuXBoX the download links for your 14.x builds are no longer valid

Is there anywhere else to download 14.2?

[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - ed_davidson - 2015-09-12

(2015-09-12, 08:25)raymw Wrote: My back up files have grown huge and I notice clearly it is the massive number of thumbnails that have built up on my system. Looking at them on the PC I notice most are just superfluous thumbnails and of course there are many essential ones. As there are so many hundreds or even over a thousand of them it would take ages to go through on the PC and delete them and load back in an edited list of thumbnails still needed via FTP (yes I use FTP into my box now occasionally). So is there a safe way to delete them even if all and let new needed thumbnails load back in form online Huh

I tried simply by restoring all built the thumbnails with robwellers Backup add-on I use but although it still booted it ended up with just a blank black screen and needed to Revert to Android and then re-flash MX Linus Helix 14.2 back to recover the box. SO obviously I cannot just blanket delete all the thumbnails as they have coded links to them it appears

Of course I could just start a fresh set up adding the needed sources like .Xunity and Fusion and Super Repo etc and installing afresh all the add-ons I like to have in my basic set up and saving that as a fresh backup to load onto newly converted MX Linux boxes. But wondered if I need to go down that quite convoluted hour or so worth of work.

Ray all you need to do is delete the thumbnails folder and also the textures13 file in the database folder. In fact you can delete the whole database folder. Then do a backup.
On restore the thumbnails will be re generated.

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - raymw - 2015-09-12

Thanks Bobones. Now I have to work out how to use it. Can I install it on my box and run it from there or do I have to run it from my PC with an SSH connection. Not had time to look at it more than just a quick glance and it did not look straightforward. Be great if it works so I assume it removes all the thumbnail files that no longer have a valid link ??

Yes still waiting for a Isengard 15 compile for MX Linux but none as yet. I know Auxbox was working on one as he mentioned it about 10 days or so ago.

What I really want to see is an MX Linux or EmbER build for the quad core boxes as I feel the dual core boxes will soon be difficult to source.

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - bobones - 2015-09-12

Yes, you run it from a SSH command line. It's a fairly complex tool so you'll need to read up on it to figure out how to use it. Alternatively do as ed_davidson says above and just delete the lot.

If you go to the EmbER homepage you'll see a ad for an S805 box with EmbER preloaded. The link takes you to this site
http://streamingtech.tv/?tracking=ember-dev

There are also OpenELEC images for popular amlogic based quad core boxes that work at least as well as EmbER or MX Linux.

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - macfunk - 2015-09-12

Funnily enough I've just pre-ordered the new Mach 10 box through a UK-based seller - more out of curiosity than anything.

http://www.arnubox.com/products/arnu-box-mach-10-pure-linux/

Specs look great and for me it's just a step up from my old dual-core ATV1200.

Once I get my hands on it I'll feedback how it runs but it could be the way forward for Linux-based four core boxes.

Cheers

Can someone point me to an image of MX Linux14.2 that I can download? The links on the first post don't work.

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - macfunk - 2015-09-12

Hi Bobones

Here's a download link to 14.2 in my dropbox for you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgggsrqao9suwf1/MX_LINUX-G02REF-update-14-04-15.zip?dl=0

Cheers

Thanks!

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - p_turner_uk - 2015-09-13

Hi all

I am experiencing a problem with one of my ATV1200. This particular box has had pretty much everything on it, android, Auxbox's builds and Ember builds. It appeared bricked, and after much messing around I ended up getting it back to android via a boot card.

Now as an android box it seems to work fine however when updating to MX Linux (14.2) the progress bar sticks at around 90% and wont complete the install. Also if I try to upgrade to Ember it crashes out into recovery mode saying cannot wipe the cache..... however I can wipe the cache manually.

Anyone have any ideas? I just keep trying different builds and all of them seem to stall.... so the only thing working is android, does this sound familiar to anyone?

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - AuXBoX - 2015-09-13

@bobones

@p_turner_uk
Just get to recovery and wipe cache 2 or 3 times then manually install via recovery menu

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - AuXBoX - 2015-09-13

(2015-09-12, 15:10)raymw Wrote: Yes still waiting for a Isengard 15 compile for MX Linux but none as yet. I know Auxbox was working on one as he mentioned it about 10 days or so ago.

Still working on it. Hopefully soon

RE: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Helix Builds - p_turner_uk - 2015-09-13

Thank you Auxbox ..... wiped cache a few times, loaded your install manually, all seemed ok and it said it was successful. However when clicking reboot it just hangs, and turning off and on goes back to red light only nothing on screen. Have you seen this before?

(2015-09-13, 14:37)p_turner_uk Wrote: Thank you Auxbox ..... wiped cache a few times, loaded your install manually, all seemed ok and it said it was successful. However when clicking reboot it just hangs, and turning off and on goes back to red light only nothing on screen. Have you seen this before?

Can you SSH into the device. Could it be working but nothing shown on the screen.

Hi Auxbox

I've never done that before. I assume it's done via a shell on my PC hooked up to a network with the ATV1200 on it? ...I'm a bit out of my league now.

you can download putty and do it, it's quite easy if it on the same network as your computer.
Or can you log into you modem/router and see if the device has connected to it