Kodi Community Forum
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes (/showthread.php?tid=180446)

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - Biatsch - 2014-04-06

(2014-04-05, 09:18)raymw Wrote: Does the new XDA image referred to on page 1 now support AC3 sound properly? The Jynxbox version of February does not as it causes loud cracking from my HDMI Denon Home Theatre unit. Not tried the March Jynxbox update yet for this bug though.

HDMI ac3 and DTS Sound arent working on HDMI since i have my Box, use optical or coaxial Output !!!!

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - karlitos - 2014-04-06

Hello,

is the power stand-by working on ATV1200 with any linux version ? What happens when I press the On/Off button on the remote ?

Is it possible to hook up a USB-DVD Drive and Play DVDs or do I have to convert them to .ISO images before ?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - tinker - 2014-04-06

(2014-04-06, 11:32)karlitos Wrote: Hello,

is the power stand-by working on ATV1200 with any linux version ? What happens when I press the On/Off button on the remote ?

Is it possible to hook up a USB-DVD Drive and Play DVDs or do I have to convert them to .ISO images before ?

karlitos:

Power standby does work on the XDA and Jynxbox versions of Linux/XBMC on both the ATV520 and (I've heard) the ATV1200. The box will simply shut down when you press the power button. If you'd like to have the shut-down menu instead, then change this line in your remote.conf file found in etc/xbmc:

Code:
    0x45 116    ;POWER ('31' is instant power off, '116' calls up the power off menu)

You can use XBMC's File Manager to copy remote.conf to somewhere you can edit it, like a USB stick, then use the File Manager to copy it back.

I tried a USB DVD player on the earlier version of XDA Linux/XBMC and it did work, but performance wasn't very good. It's a shame that there is no way to rip music CDs.

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - karlitos - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-06, 16:29)tinker Wrote: Power standby does work on the XDA and Jynxbox versions of Linux/XBMC on both the ATV520 and (I've heard) the ATV1200. The box will simply shut down when you press the power button.

So it just turns off, not goes to stand-by or sleep ? If I turn the box on again it has to boot from the beginning or is there any possibility to have a true stand-by without shutting down and booting ?

(2014-04-06, 16:29)tinker Wrote: I tried a USB DVD player on the earlier version of XDA Linux/XBMC and it did work, but performance wasn't very good. It's a shame that there is no way to rip music CDs.

What was the problem with the performance ? Slow, laggy playback or decoding problems ?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - tinker - 2014-04-07

karlitos:

Yes, power on boots from the start.

DVD performance was laggy.

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - Zacks - 2014-04-07

I've got the ATV 510b, which versions of XBMC Linux can i install?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - tinker - 2014-04-07

Zacks:

The ATV510b has a single core CPU and none of the current versions directly support it. If you consider it expendable, you could still try anyway. Do some research to find out if anyone else has tried to convert the ATV510b.

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - AuXBoX - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-07, 16:57)Zacks Wrote: I've got the ATV 510b, which versions of XBMC Linux can i install?

Here is the instructions for Linux XBMC system for Geniatech M3 models:
Linux for M3 Models

Download and unzip above file, you will find two files, one is SPI update_spi_mc_xbmc_20130306.img, one is firmware update.img. Copy them to SD card or USB disk, connect to the M3 and run Upgrade app, choose local update, and select SPI to update first, then, do the same steps to update firmware.After finished, it will restart the box, and you will see XBMC screen(only).

If you want to go back to Geniatech’s android firmware, please do as below.

1. Find M3’s SPI and firmware from http://www.geniatech.com/news/m3-android-4.0-20121208-upgrading-instruction.asp .Download SPI and firmware without decompression, copy them to SD card or USB disk, change the file extension from .zip to .img, than means you need update_spi_M3_201201208.img and update_M3_20121208.img.

2. Connect SD card or USB disk to the box.

3. Press and hold the upgrade/reset button on the box.

4. Plug the power adapter.

5. Hold the upgrade/reset button for 5 seconds.
till see upgrading screen(recovery mode).

6. Loosen the button and press up/down on remote control to choose Apply update->SD card or USB disk, select the SPI file to update frist.

7. After the upgrade is complete, reboot the system and do the same steps to update firmware.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - raymw - 2014-04-08

Can anyone answer me whether these Linux XBMC builds referred to on Page 1 can be applied to a new unit I saw today called a Kaiboer C3 Android 4.1 Dual Core Smart TV Box 8GB HD Media Player HDMI Wifi A9 which are available at a good price. Certainly sound just another member of the same family but not sure about the WiFi whether it is Broadcom or not so not sure also if the new WiFi Manager would work with this box if indeed it can be flashed.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - tinker - 2014-04-08

(2014-04-07, 16:57)Zacks Wrote: I've got the ATV 510b, which versions of XBMC Linux can i install?

Zacks:

I would have suggested the JynxBox version if I thought I knew enough. I even tried that version on my ATV520 even though it was made for a single core CPU.

Since AuXBoX is recommending a Geniatech version of Linux/XBMC, there's a real good chance that the WIFI is going to work. Also, the Geniatech version has always had the most complete, functional network setup of all the versions.

Let us know how it works out.

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - minkows1 - 2014-04-08

Ciao,
I'm italian. I have a big problem. I transfer my adsl in an other house and jynxbox hd can't obtain internet access. I've a fritz!box router 7270. I installed various linux .img but it's impossible obtain internet access. There is jinxbox hd on network wired and wireless but xbmc said "Check network. No internet connection". In the previous house geeksquad8 worked perfectly.What have I to do? Grazie

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - Biatsch - 2014-04-09

Che cosa e sucesso ? Sei conettato sul internet nella nuova casa con la fritzbox ?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - stardust - 2014-04-11

I have ATV 1200 and wanted to upgrade to linux. I just copied files in root folder to fresh SD card.Started the box with toothpin with power. And I got only normal Android boot. No upgrade, no empty screen.
Looks like SD card must be made bootable.
Tried both XDA and Geniatech versions.
Is there sd image for upgrade from Andoid to Linux?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - AuXBoX - 2014-04-12

(2014-04-11, 22:26)stardust Wrote: I have ATV 1200 and wanted to upgrade to linux. I just copied files in root folder to fresh SD card.Started the box with toothpin with power. And I got only normal Android boot. No upgrade, no empty screen.
Looks like SD card must be made bootable.
Tried both XDA and Geniatech versions.
Is there sd image for upgrade from Andoid to Linux?

You shouldnt need a bootable sdcard.

Try unplugging the power cord then hold the reset button down and plug the cord back in. Keep the reset held down for 15 seconds then release

Try that

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - ionee - 2014-04-12

Hello.
I have ATV1200 and I use FEB19 Jynxbox Linux version of XBMC.
How can I update XBMC to MAR23 version? Is return to Android required?
Thank You.